Got the Torch 9800 a few weeks ago. It seems that after opening and closing a few email's it wants to hang for a few seconds. Example, I open and close emails, then attempt to return to the home screen, the phone just keeps the email screen for about 10 seconds then returns to the home screen. After that, all operations are slow, like a PC with an over extended memory application. I perform a battery pull and the system runs great until the next time I do something similar. Putting a call on hold while checking the contact list and taking the call off hold has the same effect. The older BB's didnt have this problem. I'm running 6.0 bundle 278, 3.7 GB built in storage with 3.5GB free, a 4GB media card with 3.4GB free and system memory shows 315.1 MB free. Seems like I need to free up some system memory, how do I do this?
    09-28-10 01:56 PM
    Close any apps that are running in the background and delete old messages (such as e-mails, SMS messages etc).
    09-28-10 02:00 PM
    It's the stock OS - .141 - it's kind of slow and crappy.

You'll want to upgrade to the latest leaked OS version to get things running fast!

Check my signature for links.
    09-28-10 02:00 PM
    Thanx Guys. I make it a habit to delete all emails, SMS etc as soon as I read them, unless they are really important, because my server at work keeps a copy which I can retrieve from my laptop, PC etc later. The battery pull works great but, gets old really fast. I will try the latest OS upgrade however, does anybody know the amount of free memory you need to operate like ALL my old BB's?
    09-29-10 01:54 PM
    Memory is a non-issue. I really don't think it's possible to install enough to make it matter. I have found absolutely no memory leak and with about a dozen apps installed I never go below 320MB free.
    09-29-10 02:15 PM
    dont wanna open a new thread for an existing topic
    any idea whats the max memory card i can throw in there?
    10-01-10 11:57 AM
    That would be 32 GB.
    10-01-10 12:00 PM
    i would still have the built in 4 right? so total 36?

and any idea if that would slow it down?
    10-01-10 12:33 PM
    I have a 32GB card in my Torch and it is not slow.
    10-01-10 03:13 PM
    It will be 36GB total, yes - in reality a few gigs less than that as we know hard drives and other media are advertised incorrectly to begin with.

The only slowness you might encounter is when the device is scanning the card and it's full of mp3s and videos etc. That's only a short period of time, however, and after that it won't have any effect at all on the speed of your phone.
    10-01-10 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD