Hey All,

My wife and I just replaced our phones, and each got a Blackberry Torch 9800. Each of these phones is running bundle 695 (latest official bundle available from my provider (Rogers).

I have no complaints about my Torch so far, just getting used to OS6 as lots of things are in different places. Huge step up from my Bold 9000.

My Wife's Torch on the other hand has a strange problem where the 4 outside buttons stay lit at all times. If her phone is sitting on the table, long after the screen has dimmed out, the exterior buttons still stay lit forever. I imagine that this will be detrimental to battery life.

She has not installed any apps yet other than WhatsApp, and some free Quote Of The Day app from App World.

I've searched the 'Options" pages and can't find any setting that could cause this.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Other than this problem, she is satisfied with her Torch.
    12-12-10 09:48 PM
    Try a battery pull
    Zakk_Wylde likes this.
    12-12-10 09:56 PM
    I just did and it seems to have solved the problem for now.

I suppose I'm very embarrassed now for having hosted this thread. Being a Blackberry user since 2008, the ole battery pull should have been the first thing I tried.

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully the problem doesn't come back.
    12-12-10 10:01 PM
    I just did and it seems to have solved the problem for now.

I suppose I'm very embarrassed now for having hosted this thread. Being a Blackberry user since 2008, the ole battery pull should have been the first thing I tried.

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully the problem doesn't come back.
    It happens. No worries Hope that permanently solves it.
    12-12-10 10:03 PM
    It'll be back, lol. This happened to me a few weeks ago and after a battery pull it was temporarily fixed. The problem came back a few days later and now I just battery pull whenever it pops up again. Glad to see it wasn't just me that's had this problem, though hopefully someone will have a permanent fix soon.
    12-13-10 12:29 AM
    1.) battery pulls usually fix 95% of software problems
    2.) reloading the OS usually covers everything else (which im certain would fix this problem for good if it returns)
    3.) are you really Zakk Wylde or an imposter.
    12-13-10 01:02 AM
    happens to me sometimes and its quite annoying. Only way to fix it for me is to battery pull
    12-13-10 02:25 AM
    happens to me sometimes and its quite annoying. Only way to fix it for me is to battery pull
    try reloading the OS as i stated. chances are that its a software glitch.
    12-13-10 02:36 AM
    1.) battery pulls usually fix 95% of software problems
    2.) reloading the OS usually covers everything else (which im certain would fix this problem for good if it returns)
    3.) are you really Zakk Wylde or an imposter.
    haha No I'm not actually Zakk Wylde, although I'm a big fan of his music, especially the Pride & Glory, and Book Of Shadows albums. His early BLS stuff is great as well, but the last couple albums haven't been up to the same standards. I love all his work with Ozzy.

Something interesting I did notice with issue with the buttons, was that when the screen came on, the buttons faded out. Yet when the screen faded out, the buttons came on, and stayed on forever. At any given moment, the buttons were doing the complete opposite of what they were supposed to.

That's good that this appears to be fixable a software issue rather than a hardware problem.
    12-13-10 10:08 AM
    ....and it looks like Im going to do the old battery pull myself as this just started happening to me as well.
    I never thought to battery pull and this is my 4th Blackberry...silly me. Battery pulls have always helped me.
    02-08-11 10:42 PM
    Honestly, you should consider updating to the latest leaked ".450". You will be pleasently surprised of the effect this will have on your phone.
    02-08-11 11:01 PM
    When this happens its mainly because there's an app running in the background. I use to do the battery pull but when I figured this out I had my Storm 2, the restart time after a battery pull would take forever. The torch is much faster.

Hold the Blackberry menu button and it will show all active apps plus the standard 4 that will continue to show. Close all other apps and once completed the buttons should dim with the screen.

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 07:34 AM
    Funny this happened to me the other day and I couldn't figure out what was causing this?? The battery pull did fix it, but this seems to be an issue with the Torch model?? I am running 450.
    02-09-11 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD