Hello. I got an unlocked at$t torch 9800 from my cousin in uk. I can't use BIS plan in vodafone india network! All I can use is bbm. No app world no browser no fb app etc. I called customer care but they said they are unable to sync the ph with their network and unable to create a blackberry I'd for me. Works fine over wifi and also works fine when I change my sim to another bb ph. I really need help on this pz!!! [email protected]
    11-02-12 02:21 AM
    For what i can see, thats a pretty messed up story you have there!

Usually you can access FB and App World without the BIS data plan, but i never heard about someone using the BBM without one.

To me, that's looking like the ID is still on in the UK, not making it available(the phone) for a new one in India! You should contact your cousin and ask him to call his carrier to check if the ID's cancelled...

Then, i advise you to upgrade(via Desktop Manager) to the most recent OS in your area. If it already topped out, do a security wipe, which will make your phone "think" its new! After that, do a couple of battery pulls!

Hope it helps, since that never happened to me.

Pedro

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-02-12 03:10 AM
    Call RIM support.

And please keep this issue to ONE thread only. You seem to have 3 going now.
    11-02-12 09:38 AM