ok i just got a torch today. i downloaded the .337 os system and ran the loader. thru the bb desktop when i go to update phone it says no updates found. i deleted and ran crap cleaner and reinstalled and tried again. same results. i then opened my computer / program files / common files / research in motion / app loader and still can't find it to install. any help would be appriciated.
    12-08-10 08:33 PM
    Delete the vendor.xml.

If that doesn't work it's because your DM is set to auto check online for updates (which re-creates the vendor.xml). Either reinstall Dm without this option, or remove your internet connection, then delete the vendor.xml.
    12-08-10 08:35 PM
    Why not just click the loader.exe file in the app loader folder(same folder where you found vendor.xml), found most commonly in:

C:/program files(x86)/common files/research in motion/apploader

Forget using DM altogether.

EDIT:
    Just noticed this is my 1000 post.
    12-08-10 08:42 PM
    Why not just click the loader.exe file in the app loader folder(same folder where you found vendor.xml), found most commonly in:

C:/program files(x86)/common files/research in motion/apploader

Forget using DM altogether.

EDIT:
    Just noticed this is my 1000 post.
    i tried this but the .337 os is not showing up. i downloaded it today 12/8/10 but all i see is stuff a couple months old (storm 2) junk
    12-08-10 08:51 PM
    You said you downloaded it, but did you also install it? Also delete all other OS's from your pc, that way the only RIM OS on your pc is for the torch.
    12-08-10 09:05 PM
    You did install .337 after you downloaded it right?
    12-08-10 09:06 PM
    yes i ran the loader after it downloaded. i just deleted all and reinstalling again. i hope this works. thanks for the help
    12-08-10 09:25 PM
    Should work fine as long as you run the loader.exe and not the desktop manager. You should never use DM to install an OS. Only thing you should use DM for when installing an OS is backups.
    12-08-10 09:29 PM
    after deleting everything and running crap cleaner it loaded up with the desk top manager.
    Thanks for the HELP
    12-08-10 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD