As long as someone doesn't try to convince me that Vista is better than it's predecessors just because it's "newer" . There's a big difference between newer and better. OS5 on a Bold 9700 is hardly a fail just because there's something newer out there. Some things just work.
    Bingo.

10-char. (now I finally know what that means!)
    01-23-11 08:41 AM
    Old may not mean physically fit, but the wisdom, the experience, the knowledge..
    To each his own.
    01-23-11 10:02 AM
    My 9800 is my full time business line. Rock solid dependable phone, text and e-mail!

Get that **** out of a rotten Apple or a dead droid!
    iPhones are just as, if not more, dependable than any modern BlackBerry, and don't require daily battery pulls to stay at peak performance. Please don't bash other phones with no knowledge of other phones.
    01-23-11 01:23 PM
    iPhones are just as, if not more, dependable than any modern BlackBerry, and don't require daily battery pulls to stay at peak performance. Please don't bash other phones with no knowledge of other phones.

I can tell you from my experience I had horrible battery life on the iPhone
    3GS and horrible RF on the iPhone4. I don't do a battery pull on my Blackberries on a daily basis. If you're doing that, then something is causing you to do that. Plus you can't do a battery pull on iPhone's because you can't open it! Also, I love the fact that if I lose 3G on my Blackberry, I can easily switch to 2G until 3G comes back. You can't do that on the iPhone.
    01-23-11 01:33 PM
    It must be user error if you are having to do that because I've had the torch since launch and haven't done a bat pull yet.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    01-23-11 02:29 PM
    I think its all relative. I have/had them all and keep coming back to BB cause of push nofications mainly. Yes the hardware is generally older but they run reliably (OS5 and up IMHO). Thing with me is, yes Android/iOS/wp7/webos are great;and all but webos have higher specs. They need all those apps/patches just to get features found out of the box on BB. Android is the closest in closing the gap in those features I need. When these new devices release I will be very interested to see performance. Should be impressive. My.02. Oh and once you jailbreak/root/home brew and start adding apps and true multi tasking they all start freezing at some point every now and then. Don't fool yourself
    01-23-11 02:34 PM
    I am a loyal and proud owner of a BLACKBERRY, and I will never switch to any Android/iOS/wp7/webos. There is no other phone that if you pick any Joe or Jane off the street and ask them what they think of BB, they will think business professional generally. Not, oh you have that phone with the farting app.
    01-23-11 09:39 PM
    i'm feeling so...2009!
    01-23-11 09:45 PM
    I am a loyal and proud owner of a BLACKBERRY, and I will never switch to any Android/iOS/wp7/webos. There is no other phone that if you pick any Joe or Jane off the street and ask them what they think of BB, they will think business professional generally. Not, oh you have that phone with the farting app.
    Look very closely in appworld,you should be able to find a few fart apps to put on your business professional phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 10:04 PM
    It's all old technology. I'll give props to Apple for being able to market old technology as something that's fresh, new, and exciting. I haven't played with the droids much but I have noticed that they have a smooth interface but I'm not a big fan of all those icons. There's just too many! In the end, get a phone that fits your want and needs.
    01-23-11 10:30 PM
    Look very closely in appworld,you should be able to find a few fart apps to put on your business professional phone.

Yes of course if you really want it. You fail to see my point, which is what society thinks of a type of phone.
    01-23-11 11:27 PM
    It must be user error if you are having to do that because I've had the torch since launch and haven't done a bat pull yet.
    Screenshot of the uptime, otherwise bullsh!t and yeah, soft resets do count as resets as they flush the heap.

Blackberries do need to be reset, somebody who says that has not reset a blackberry (post 8900 era) for over 2 months only uses it for phone calls, or runs pretty crappy with lagged menu transitions and random bugs here and there, or its a fanboy lie. I've tried this with every gsm model that has come out since the 8320 with heavy usage and all strings lead to "reset" after ~3 weeks, more than 1 month and i just wanted to smash it against the wall as response time and stability was nowhere close to "fresh" after a reset.

But yeah, daily battery pulls/resets is a bit exaggerate, unless you are using an unstable leak. Even hybrids sometimes tend to crap out faster than original builds, after ~2 weeks of burning rubber you start seeing random crap you haven't seen before, but that's sometimes.

[emo sensitive blackberry noob fanboys prevention] And no, im not trolling, just stating the facts, so if someone wants to cry about it go ahead. [/emo sensitive blackberry noob fanboys prevention]
    I do use the device with all its drawbacks and still like it, and just because i like it doesnt mean i wont point out the crappy things about it, i dont blind myself.
    Last edited by gbsn; 01-24-11 at 06:06 AM.
    01-24-11 01:19 AM
    I thought all technology was old; well, at least stateside.

01-24-11 01:54 AM
    you didnt think long enough then lol
    For someone that has a Storm 2 - LOL you sure seem to have a lot of opinions on a device you don't even own
    Last edited by buwee; 01-24-11 at 09:27 AM.
    01-24-11 02:14 AM
    Yup, the hardware is old since it's not the fastest processor imaginable with the largest amount of memory imaginable that can enable you to launch missiles at your neighbour if they get you angry. Meh....big deal.

Does the device work for you and does it do what you want it to do in the manner that you want it done? If so, forget what the little robotic trolls say, in and out of real life. Use the device in good health if it's good for you. Why should your friend care what you use? That's the kind of person who will comment on your clothes, your hair, your car, your children, your job, your house.....best to do without that kind of negativity.

I don't give one flying fig what the trolls, complainers and haters say about something that works for me. My priorities are not theirs, and vice versa. Listeningn to them can bring you into their bitterness, so why bother? I wonder what they get out of all their hate. I wish I had my Torch back. I'm using my 9700, but I hadn't realised how much I loved my Torch. I'll end up getting the Torch 2 when it comes out.
    01-24-11 02:52 AM
    When looking for a smartphone I look for three things.
    1.) What do I need it to do
    2.) Does it do what I want it to do
    3.) How much will it cost.

Me personally I am at the point where the cost is a big deal as well. If I can get a more powerful phone for the same cost that will weight heavily in my decision.

Than again this depends on you as an individual. I encouraged my mother in law to get the BB Curve because she wanted a smart phone and for someone that can get intimidated by technology I felt this was the best start to her smart phone experience. However I will probably switch to a android based phonse because I want more from my phone and BB is not moving fast enough to provide that.
    01-24-11 05:13 AM
    Yes of course if you really want it. You fail to see my point, which is what society thinks of a type of phone.
    Yes I did see your point and understand what you were saying but today you see so many young "kids" with blackberries (and other smartphones) that I don't think your theory applies as much as it used to, and you also see more business people with Iphones/androids than before. Years ago I would have said you are 100% correct, today....not so sure. You make your phone what you want it to be with the type of apps you install. I only have apps that make me more productive for my business on my Android,no games,no farts same as when I had my blackberries.

01-24-11 06:35 AM
    Blackberries do need to be reset, somebody who says that has not reset a blackberry (post 8900 era) for over 2 months only uses it for phone calls, or runs pretty crappy with lagged menu transitions and random bugs here and there, or its a fanboy lie. I've tried this with every gsm model that has come out since the 8320 with heavy usage and all strings lead to "reset" after ~3 weeks, more than 1 month and i just wanted to smash it against the wall as response time and stability was nowhere close to "fresh" after a reset.
    You are right, it has restarted a couple of times because of software installs, eg google maps just updated and it needed a restart. I guess my thought is when someone says a batt pull, something is messed up and they are forced to restart it because it lags as you said or does not respond. I am very familiar with those from the early days of my old storm 9530. Having said that even the storm was quite stable toward the end.
    01-24-11 07:02 AM
    I disagree. It was mid 09 when the iphone 3gs was released it had a 600mhz processor. Despite haveing 8-32 gb of storage it only has 256mbs od ram. The camra is only 3mp. The haters say the Torch is outdated looking at the processor speed. That goes to show what they know. The speed don't tell you how current the techology is. There can very well be some new techology opened in this processor. The Torch does very well with its processor and the 512mbs of ram moves it right along. Don't let it getcha down. Rim didnit rifhr. They put out a dwvice that works great. Not over powered and stable.

01-24-11 08:22 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD