I'm not quite following what your saying here. You're currently on Tmobile with an unlocked Torch..but if Tmobile releases their own Torch you're gonna trade it in cuz your being cheated paying them $96/month? Just trying to grasp what you're saying here
    Think it's because the Torch doesn't support the 3G band used by T-Mobile. So although he's paying for a 3G plan, he can only use Edge.
    I did the same to use my Storm2 on Rogers. Sucked not having 3G, but was well worth it for the phone

My 2cents on the T-Mobile/Torch debate - it will never happen! The form factor was conceived by AT&T, and the device was built as a collaboration with RIM over 16 months. There is no way AT&T would let that go after only couple months of exclusivity.
    09-29-10 03:24 PM
    WTF are you on about? He didn't know what UMA was, do you honestly think he has the hotspot at home addon? Jesus!

IT USES YOUR PLAN MINUTES. There is no additional charge to use UMA other than your plan minutes.

BOLLOCKS
    At one point in time T-Mobile /USA/ had a service, i think it was 15.oo per month, and if you were on any wifi router and had UMA you could talk, text, web W/O using any minuets, Text or MB depending on your plan.

T-Mobile has stopped offering that plan. So some people still get the UMA add on and it doesn't subtract, and new UMA users that do have the program pay for it....
    09-29-10 03:58 PM
    Great, a whole new group of people that can post pointless threads bit@hing about the 9800...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Now they'll complain that Verizon and Sprint won't get it..
    Sucks that one of the most uneducated countries when it comes to cellphones has one of the most confusing market.
    09-29-10 04:27 PM
    At one point in time T-Mobile /USA/ had a service, i think it was 15.oo per month, and if you were on any wifi router and had UMA you could talk, text, web W/O using any minuets, Text or MB depending on your plan.

T-Mobile has stopped offering that plan. So some people still get the UMA add on and it doesn't subtract, and new UMA users that do have the program pay for it....
    Anybody with a Tmobile account can use UMA if they have a UMA enabled phone, and the minutes come out of their bucket of monthly minutes.

Unless......

If you still have the UMA unlimited plan addon from several years ago, then you have unlimited minutes while connected over UMA.

In either case.....

UMA is just a method to connect to the Tmobile network over WiFi. If your phone has this capability, you can connect as long as you have an open wifi signal. It is free of charge to connect via UMA. How your minutes are treated is based on your plan. (See above)
    09-30-10 06:38 AM
    I'm a SHE btw lol!! Any how thanks for the UMA charge or NO Charge feed back!! And YES I meant I would get a Tmobile branded Torch to use my 3G! Thanks for whoever cleared that up!! Well only time will tell if Tmobile will get it... *Fingers Crossed*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 02:30 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD