I was really annoyed because RIM hadn't updated their "TiVO DVR Scheduler" app to include support for the Torch (or selecting HD/SD videos for that matter) and was trying to figure out how to request that RIM update this very handy app for us TiVO owners who have Torch 9800s..

But then I discovered that TiVO has a new mobile site that is really meant to replace this app (and some on other platforms) and it works like a champ on the Torch web browser!

So if you want to be able to program your TiVO DVR from the road, simply point your Torch browser at:

TiVo Mobile

You will, of course, already need to have an account on the TiVO website in order for this to work, but it even has an icon embedded so you can use the brower's option to "Add to Home Screen" and a nice icon is added. Very sweet!

Figured some other Tivo/Torch owners out there might benefit from this info!

Thanks!

Mojoski
    01-21-11 03:25 PM
    Good to know. On a related note, for anyone with ATT Uverse, the Uverse app really works well. It's saved me many times by allowing me to record events when I'm not home.
    01-21-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD