So my torch turned up this morning. I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and prior to that had the bold 9700.

All I can say is wow!!! And where is this lag that everyone talks about?? Not even getting that.

The only thing is the screen is REALLY sensitive which isn't a bad thing. Just takes a bit of getting used too

Having the touch and keyboard really is the best of both worlds and the physical keyboard isn't much different to the bold.

Anyone that's thinking of getting it then stop hesitating, stop reading the bad reviews cause I've found nothing to complain about and damn I'm fussy!! People always nit pick at phones and a lot of people are going anti BB cause its not an iphone or an android phone so do it!!!!! Get it!! NOW hehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 11:07 AM
    I had the 9700. If your Torch did not ship with OS .246, go ahead and update your OS for a better experience.
    10-19-10 11:10 AM
    So my torch turned up this morning. I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and prior to that had the bold 9700.

All I can say is wow!!! And where is this lag that everyone talks about?? Not even getting that.

The only thing is the screen is REALLY sensitive which isn't a bad thing. Just takes a bit of getting used too

Having the touch and keyboard really is the best of both worlds and the physical keyboard isn't much different to the bold.

Anyone that's thinking of getting it then stop hesitating, stop reading the bad reviews cause I've found nothing to complain about and damn I'm fussy!! People always nit pick at phones and a lot of people are going anti BB cause its not an iphone or an android phone so do it!!!!! Get it!! NOW hehe

Hey dude.

Just made a post myself wondering if to get one from an iPhone.

Did you use your iPhone alot prior to changing ? is the torch THAT good?

As you put in your post, im a very fussy person when it comes to tech, and i want the torch for how good RIM have made it look, but i dont want want to miss my iPhone. If you understand ?

Wondering if you can delve a little deeper for me ?

Ta.
    10-19-10 11:23 AM
    FYI: you can change the screen sensitivity in the options

10-19-10 11:26 AM
    I had the 9700. If your Torch did not ship with OS .246, go ahead and update your OS for a better experience.
    It was shipped with .246

Hey dude.

As you put in your post, im a very fussy person when it comes to tech, and i want the torch for how good RIM have made it look, but i dont want want to miss my iPhone. If you understand ?

Ta.
    Dudette* :P um yeah I've had my iphone4 since launch, i was outside the store at 5am but I'm on my 5th iPhone handset.

Have you had a BB before? I think BB's are an acquired taste so to speak, not everyone is going to love them but if you're wanting you emails instantly sent to you the second it hits your inbox then you're going to get that from a BB and not an iPhone.

I'll miss my iPhone don't get me wrong, but the only thing I'm going to miss is playing guitar hero which is once every now and again and damn if I miss it that much I can always go get an iPod touch...

It totally depends on what you want your phone for, for me personally i love BB and I've been foaming at the mouth everytime I see someone with a BB walk past me. BB's maybe dying out in america, or so they make it seem so but in the UK BB's are getting more and more popular, was in a phone store the other day for a few mins and 4 people came in asking for a BB.

I only got my torch, 6hours ago? I'm all hyped up about it, showing it off, playing around with it, the OS is fantastic... when i get hyped up like this about something it's good, I didn't get like this at all with the iPhone which is weird considering i was like the 5th person in line to get it but I just wanted a phone more than anything as I was phoneless and i jumped on the bandwagon so to speak, wish I hadn't got it and it's going on ebay tonight

Sorry I've rambled on like mad
    10-19-10 11:35 AM
    Hey dude.

Ta.
    look at my signature and you'll see 70% of the phones that came into my hands..
    i suggest you get an ipod touch + Torch and you'll enjoy the best of both worlds.. the ipod touch gives you the retina display, the facetime calls, the ipod feature etc etc.. and the Torch the blackberry experience.
    10-19-10 11:46 AM
    Its all personal preference. I too went from a Curve to a Storm to a iPhone 3gS then back to BB with a Bold 9700. Now I am on a Torch.

The iPhone was more of a "fun" phone. The games on the iPhone are by far the best out there. Having said that...I am not one to play games on my phone. BB for me is by far the best for both business use (with instant emails) and personal use with BBM and such.

I am glad I came back to BB and would never use another. Having said that....the Torch is simply amazing. Touch screen is awesome. And the previous post is correct in saying that the physical keyboard and touch screen is a nice mix. I find myself constantly using both the screen and keyboard.

Bottom line...it is a personal preference. And I too do not understand where all of these bad reviews are coming from. Really a solid phone. Good job RIM
    10-19-10 11:47 AM
    Have had mine for about 2 weeks now I guess. Lovin it still. Have had no real issues with it at all. Think Ive restarted it twice since I got it, and thats just to remove an app.

Such a great phone. Love os6. Would have a very tough time going back to os5.
    10-19-10 01:47 PM

Congrats on your wonderful decision!! You're not gonna regret it...and you know something, it really is better than iPhone or Droid - I've used both and didn't like them. You're going to really enjoy it...it's an awesome experience.
    10-19-10 03:48 PM
    Oh I've used a droid too. Used the htc desire and that was boxed up and returned within a day.

I find it hard to stick with one phone for any length of time. Now getting used to using the touch screen keyboard on the torch and even loving that!!!!!

10-19-10 04:41 PM
    I had an HTC Aria and I HATED it...it was so tiny, it hurt my ear...not to mention that Facebook's app for Droid is pathetic...but I did love Google Sky Maps...that was the only thing worth using a Droid for. I haven't used the touchscreen keyboard that often but the times that I've used it, I've been pleased...I fall head over heels for my Torch every day
    10-19-10 05:01 PM
    Oh I've used a droid too. Used the htc desire and that was boxed up and returned within a day.

I find it hard to stick with one phone for any length of time. Now getting used to using the touch screen keyboard on the torch and even loving that!!!!!

I am the same way! I can never stick with the same phone for a long period of time, but I do know this: I'm getting rid of this EVO and getting the torch. Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow when I get home from work.
    10-19-10 06:35 PM
    It was shipped with .246

Dudette* :P um yeah I've had my iphone4 since launch, i was outside the store at 5am but I'm on my 5th iPhone handset.

Have you had a BB before? I think BB's are an acquired taste so to speak, not everyone is going to love them but if you're wanting you emails instantly sent to you the second it hits your inbox then you're going to get that from a BB and not an iPhone.

I'll miss my iPhone don't get me wrong, but the only thing I'm going to miss is playing guitar hero which is once every now and again and damn if I miss it that much I can always go get an iPod touch...

It totally depends on what you want your phone for, for me personally i love BB and I've been foaming at the mouth everytime I see someone with a BB walk past me. BB's maybe dying out in america, or so they make it seem so but in the UK BB's are getting more and more popular, was in a phone store the other day for a few mins and 4 people came in asking for a BB.

I only got my torch, 6hours ago? I'm all hyped up about it, showing it off, playing around with it, the OS is fantastic... when i get hyped up like this about something it's good, I didn't get like this at all with the iPhone which is weird considering i was like the 5th person in line to get it but I just wanted a phone more than anything as I was phoneless and i jumped on the bandwagon so to speak, wish I hadn't got it and it's going on ebay tonight

Sorry I've rambled on like mad
    Oops sorry Dudette

Firstly ramble all you like, better than being short and boring lol.

I have ordered the torch so im going to blame you if i dont like it haha. So ill let you know when it comes what i think.

Yea iv had the storm 1, bold and curve so i know my way around the BB. Went back to iPhone but im using my phone for work alot more than i would before as i gave my curve back as my thumbs are bigger than a 30 stone mans toes

Thanks for the info though, i look forward to when my baby comes!!

look at my signature and you'll see 70% of the phones that came into my hands..
    i suggest you get an ipod touch + Torch and you'll enjoy the best of both worlds.. the ipod touch gives you the retina display, the facetime calls, the ipod feature etc etc.. and the Torch the blackberry experience.
    Thats what i think i will do. I go to the gym alot and use my iPhone at the moment for the iPod.

Great feedback guys & Gal, thanks alot.
    10-20-10 11:39 AM
    Love my Torch as well. Had it since launch day. Im anti apple/iphone and this is my 3rd straight blackberry. Got it working to my liking and performs great. Sure there are things i wish were better but those things arent as important as the things that do work good.
    10-21-10 07:41 AM
    Loving mine also got it first thing in the morning on launch day. Of all the phones i have had and if you ask the wife i have had way to many this is by far the best. I upgraded to .246 and it rocks. No lag no issues at all.
    10-21-10 08:22 AM
    The Torch is a great phone. Had it for a week and very satisfied. I've been a BB user for the past five years, so this upgrade was well worth it. Just remember to do a "soft reset" every couple of days or you will notice the screen transitions begin to develop lag and/or choppiness. Some pull the battery; I prefer to simultaneously hit the keys "(L-alt) + (R-shift) + (R-del)", which prompts a reboot (takes a few seconds to begin cycling after pressing the keys)...
    10-21-10 08:40 AM
    Just got the Torch and also loving it. I thought I would have issues with the touch screen after coming from a 9700. But, I am slowly but surely getting it. This phone is amazing and I am looking forward to playing with it more and get a decent theme that will work with it.
    11-06-10 10:55 PM
    I just got one yesterday and I am absolutely loving it as well Having a blast getting used to it... coming from an 8330 so everything is familiar yet different and about 1000x better!
    11-06-10 11:20 PM
    I got the Torch around 2 weeks ago. Best phone I've ever had. I'm getting irritated by the constant "Torch vs iphone" debates, though. My priorities when I chose a phone were: 1) call quality 2) emailing 3) texting 4) will it help my job and make me money. My priorities were NOT 1) watching videos 2) playing games 3) looking like I'm still in college.
    11-07-10 07:54 AM
    I have to agree with you, the anti-bb bit is getting old . especially since all my iphone and android friends can't stop saying "your phone is so badass!" when i pull it out. BB (especially the Torch) is what a smartphone is supposed to be. The ultimate communication device, with some entertainment for down time!
    11-07-10 10:34 AM
    I have owned the Torch since launch day and have not looked back since.

Luck/fortune favors the prepared.@BLC
    11-07-10 11:21 AM
    It is indeed a pretty awesome phone. Published my review today as well:

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Mobile Phone review | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest
    11-07-10 01:31 PM
    It is indeed a pretty awesome phone. Published my review today as well:

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Mobile Phone review | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest
    Very nice review bro, my thought exactly...the Torch is the best of both worlds...

PS: your bro in Dubai
    11-07-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD