Just got off the phone with my carrier agent, ATT, to re-configure my plan and he noticed a strange chrage that he brought to my attention. Slackr Radio had charged me 3.99 on both my cell lines and it showed to be a monthly subscription!! I immediatly disputed it and he was super cool and removed/cancelled/refunded all charges but is there something in the fine print I missed?! Aren't they promoted as "free internet radio!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 06:09 PM
    Slacker gives you a free, 7 day trial of their premium features.. then it goes into limited offering. That said, depending on how and where you downloaded Slacker from charges can be accumulated after your 7 day trial through AT&T.

AT&T preloads the app on the Torch and if you used that icon, it would have given you a VPL agreement..advising you that RIM wasn't responsible for this but rather you and your carrier are if charges occur. The AT&T system likely triggered it as a subscription after the trial and as such you were charged.

Your issue is with AT&T and their system not with Slacker. Direct downloads from the Slacker website offer you the previously mentioned 7 days free and then limited usage after. Essentially, giving you the free internet radio you mentioned.

Tricky carriers are.. tricky.
    10-16-10 06:22 PM
    Slack Radio isn't free??!?! I'm with Telus and just got the Torch recently. I played around with Slacker radio for a bit a week ago and made an account. I didn't read anywhere when I was opening one that you would have to pay a fee later on. Should I email Slacker to cancel my account or something?
    10-16-10 06:42 PM
    Yeah I am with Telus and I would like to know too. That being said, I got my telus bill shortly after I got it and activated it and I dont see it showing there. Might be different for different carriers
    10-16-10 06:46 PM
    Basic Slacker Radio is free.
    Slacker Radio Plus is $3.99/month.

At least on VZW here in the states

Last edited by chrisy520; 10-16-10 at 07:30 PM.
    10-16-10 07:24 PM
    The Slacker Radio loaded on Telus Torches is the free, basic version.
    10-17-10 12:38 AM
    In Canada it says something about a 30 day trial and then you have to buy the subscription. which is one payment of 3.99 x 12 (50 bucks) for the year.
    10-17-10 09:43 AM
    Yeah - in Canada it has 30 day subscription included. No "free" version afterwards. On that note - I am looking for a similar app. Pandora is not available here as well. Sucks!!
    10-17-10 10:51 AM
    Yeah - in Canada it has 30 day subscription included. No "free" version afterwards. On that note - I am looking for a similar app. Pandora is not available here as well. Sucks!!
    Canada has a free version. It's called basic. It doesn't expire after 30 days.
    If you click "Upgrade Slacker Radio" it will give you the option to pay $4.99/mo for one month, or 3.99/mo billed annually.

If you want to try Slacker Plus, there is a 7 day trial available.
    10-17-10 12:02 PM
    It caught me by surprise because I never chose to upgrade or subscribe but what Bla1ze said sounds about right. ATT has done some shady crap with apps before which is probably why they are so quick to reverse the charges.

10-17-10 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD