i went to VZ and the Droidx a few months back. i like it. but it is a huge phone. i was thinking of going back to att (what am i thinking) and the torch. i owned the torch on release day. i must say was not happy with it. but thought i read with the new OS's it runs much better. true?

what are your thoughts? anyone else done this? happy? not happy?

thanks
    12-11-10 06:53 AM
    The main question is what didn't you like about the device to begin with?

The upgraded OS's have improved the overall speed and smoothness of the phone. As well as fixed a few bugs that it had.

In the end it's totally up to you, go to AT&T and play with one for a while( I think they all come with .246 installed). See if its truly changed for you.
    12-11-10 06:57 AM
    the ONLY thing that scares me is going back to att. i mean i didnt really have issues, but VZ has much better coverage and 3g..BUT..you pay for it..
    12-11-10 07:01 AM
    To each there own. Personally where I live, Verizon isn't even an option for me. Their coverage blows monkey chunks while AT&T is near perfect(yes I have real world experience to base this off, my brother in law has a Verizon phone and I have service in many places he doesn't). If you happen to live in a major city where coverage isn't an issue then its just a personal and/or financial choice.
    12-11-10 07:10 AM
    I originally bought the torch on release day and had issues with the laggy response, poor battery life and ultimately returned it. But due to the recent newer OS releases I been hearing a more overall positive response from the crackberry community and decided to get off the bold 9700 and try the torch for a 2nd time.

Almost a week into owning the torch, all of the issues I experienced with the Torch is non existent. The device is responsive and the key thing for me is the battery life is solid and can get me through the day with heavy usage of bbm, fb, twitter, emails, music in the background, and web browsing. I also want to note phone calls have been clear in my area (Long Island). (On stock .248 OS)

So I have no regrets and pretty much made up my mind to keep the torch and will be putting up my bold 9700 on ebay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 12:39 PM
    Doesn't really make sense to go back to a phone you tried and weren't happy with the first time, not to mention the hassle of switching carriers ( termination / activation fees ) but whatever works for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD