Right now I have a Pearl 3G and want to upgrade.. I'm debating between the Bold 9780 and the Torch. I've read a lot of 9780 threads and read there's problems with the keyboard and the OS is buggy. Is the Torch a good device? Personally I love the design and know an official update has been released for the phone since it came out which fixed a lot of things in the OS, but I'm not sure which to get. Bold 9780 or Torch?
    02-07-11 10:55 AM
    Totally depends on your fit... Keep looking and you'll find complaints about any device...

Decide if touch screen is something you're interested in... Slider form factor might annoy you though... You really have to make the call yourself and disregard complaints on the forums between the two... They're both good devices and no device is flawless...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 11:01 AM
    The Torch has the same OS as the 9780 but with slightly different variants.
    02-07-11 11:09 AM
    Make a list of whats important to you. Try them both in the store.
    Coming from a Pearl, either screen is going to seem bigger to you.
    Both devices offer up the same specs, aside from touch and screen size, so it comes down to what you want and what you need.
    Both are very good. They are Blackberries after all.
    02-07-11 11:11 AM
    I'd say play with both of the phones at the store and make your decision. The slider can be annoying on the Torch, but it's not something that ruins the entire experience. I like the 9780 and might have gotten that over the Torch if it had been offered by my carrier. The screen size on the Torch is nicer though. The Torch has a little weight to it but I think that's a good thing.

Good luck on your decision.
    02-08-11 06:28 PM
    Get the torch virtual and qwerty keyboard, touch screen, big screen the best of everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 06:32 PM
    I was in the middle of a similar decision not to long ago. I decided on the Torch and have been quite happy with it.
    02-08-11 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD