I've never used a touchscreen as exclusively as I do now but I'm a finger-print fanatic!! The screen must be smudge free at all times so I'm always wiping it with a mico-cloth. (Yes I have OCD!! Heh) So what I'm wondering, is the screen pressure sensitive and could continuous cleaning of the screen effect the touchscreen capabilities? I don't push down overly hard but I still feel paranoid since I literally wipe my screen (in locked mode) atleast 30 times a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 12:05 AM
    Make sure your hands are always washed, and not oily.
    10-18-10 12:13 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you!! I wash my hands constantly but the fingerprints still transfer. I put on a BSE a few days ago and it has _drastically_ reduced the fingerprints. I'm loving it. It looks great and doesn't interfere with the touch screen sensitivity at all.
    10-18-10 07:58 AM
    I guess that my OCD is not that chronic. When I clean my glasses which is usually once per day, I use a new lens wipe to clean the entire surface of my Torch.
    10-18-10 10:27 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you!! I wash my hands constantly but the fingerprints still transfer. I put on a BSE a few days ago and it has _drastically_ reduced the fingerprints. I'm loving it. It looks great and doesn't interfere with the touch screen sensitivity at all.
    Glad to hear that the BSE doesn't affect the sensitivity. I hope mine arrives today. Does it hinder how smoothly you can move your finger across the screen though?
    10-18-10 11:10 AM
    no one has answered the OPs question lol...

i'm curious too... can you over clean a touchscreen and ruin the sensitivity, or "wear" it out?
    10-18-10 11:38 AM
    I've never used a touchscreen as exclusively as I do now but I'm a finger-print fanatic!! The screen must be smudge free at all times so I'm always wiping it with a mico-cloth. (Yes I have OCD!! Heh) So what I'm wondering, is the screen pressure sensitive and could continuous cleaning of the screen effect the touchscreen capabilities? I don't push down overly hard but I still feel paranoid since I literally wipe my screen (in locked mode) atleast 30 times a day.

You should have some concern about what is on your mobile device. Click on or paste the following to see why.

Mobile Devices Harbor More Germs Than A Men's Room Flush Handle - The Consumerist

I clean my 9800 daily (screen,keyboard and otterbox) with a lint free cloth with a little bit(damp only) of alcohol on it.
    10-18-10 11:47 AM
    You should have some concern about what is on your mobile device. Click on or paste the following to see why.

Mobile Devices Harbor More Germs Than A Men's Room Flush Handle - The Consumerist

I clean my 9800 daily (screen,keyboard and otterbox) with a lint free cloth with a little bit(damp only) of alcohol on it.
    The germs that are on your phone are supposed to be there. Our bodies are also supposed to be somewhat immune to everyday germs. If you are constantly wiping the phone with alcohol and using purel on your hands you will actually get sick more often because your body cant fight off the simplest of germs

but do what you gotta do, thats just my take on things im definately not trying to tell anyone what to do
    10-18-10 02:20 PM
    So what I'm wondering, is the screen pressure sensitive and could continuous cleaning of the screen effect the touchscreen capabilities? I don't push down overly hard but I still feel paranoid since I literally wipe my screen (in locked mode) atleast 30 times a day.
    The Torch's screen is based on capacitive touchscreen technology, not resistive. It's sensitive not to pressure but to electric fields. This is why you can't use a standard plastic stylus. Resistive screens can wear out from excessively flexing of the wires, but I can't imagine a similar failure mode for a capacitive screen. I think you'll be fine.
    10-18-10 03:46 PM
    Thank you TAYLORTBB! LoL...we covered the whole spectrum from screen protectors, personal hygiene to biology! LoL!

10-18-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD