I haven't seen any threads exspaining !!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 06:08 PM
    I haven't seen any threads exspaining !!!!!

I would say doubtful, but possible.
    01-31-11 06:34 PM
    No. No chance. Sorry. Next generation after this.
    01-31-11 10:35 PM
    I do remember CX stating that a BB would be either the first or second LTE device Verizon would release...what happened to that?

02-01-11 12:41 AM
    No. No chance. Sorry. Next generation after this.
    Not only is it not possible, RIM had actually stated in no uncertain terms that it won't be any time this year.

02-01-11 05:37 AM
    I do remember CX stating that a BB would be either the first or second LTE device Verizon would release...what happened to that?
    Yes, that was told to us, but RIM said no LTE devices until 2012! I am really surprised they have none to offer, but I'm sure they didn't want to bring out a LTE phone with BB6 on it. They figured they may as well wait until they could offer something that might compete with the other LTE phones being offered.
    02-01-11 07:18 AM
    The problem is, that by doing this, they finally come out with 4G and it'll be seen as too late, these guys can already do it.
    02-01-11 09:16 AM
    I would love to see LTE Blackberry come out soon with first gen LTE radios, first gen LTE radio stacks and the limited coverage footprint with the phone constantly searching for 4G coverage just to see all the people whining about not having now to start whining about how bad the overall 1st gen experience is! The LTE USB modems were having issues with 3G to 4G transitions to where you had to either wait for a few minutes for the hardware to resolve it on its own, or unplug the modem and plug it back in. That would be awesome to have to do a battery pull on your Blackberry when going through a 3G/4G transition wouldn't it?! The Thunderbolt is going to be released with caveats(missing Skype Video, missing hotspot, etc.), how many caveats are you willing to accept for a rushed first gen LTE Blackberry?
    02-01-11 10:07 AM
    I would love to see LTE Blackberry come out soon with first gen LTE radios, first gen LTE radio stacks and the limited coverage footprint with the phone constantly searching for 4G coverage just to see all the people whining about not having now to start whining about how bad the overall 1st gen experience is! The LTE USB modems were having issues with 3G to 4G transitions to where you had to either wait for a few minutes for the hardware to resolve it on its own, or unplug the modem and plug it back in. That would be awesome to have to do a battery pull on your Blackberry when going through a 3G/4G transition wouldn't it?! The Thunderbolt is going to be released with caveats(missing Skype Video, missing hotspot, etc.), how many caveats are you willing to accept for a rushed first gen LTE Blackberry?
    So you're telling us that the Thunderbolt will not use the LTE network for phone calls or internet downloads/uploads if we live in a LTE city?
    02-01-11 11:52 AM
    So you're telling us that the Thunderbolt will not use the LTE network for phone calls or internet downloads/uploads if we live in a LTE city?
    No I don't think I see that anywhere in what I wrote. But now that you mention it, the first generation of LTE phones will probably not be doing voice over the LTE, or at least this hasn't been stated that it would anywhere I've seen, so your going to be running two radios simultaneously for simultaneous voice/data, which will draw more power. The Voice over LTE standard was just finalized last year. So the first LTE phones will probably be running CDMA voice and LTE data when in LTE coverage area. If they do actually implement VoLTE on these handsets then it would be surprising if they are truly following the recently ratified standards.

I also think that with any first gen (substitute any wireless technology here) chipsets that things like power efficiency aren't as high on the list of priorities as just getting something out that works per the standards, and the coding required by the OS to run the radio stack on the device will not be as mature either. The Thunderbolt has the same LTE chipset (MDM9600) in it that at least one of the USB modems that are having issues has. So I think that all of these first gen LTE devices are going to have some compromises when using them.
    02-01-11 02:19 PM
    THANK YOU; great explanation! I will have to wait and read the reviews and see what happens...should be interesting.
    02-01-11 02:44 PM
    Hmm. Stops full speed run toward Thunderbolt and looks back at Free w/ activation Incredible.
    02-01-11 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD