Torch with 337

I send a lot of texts (last month I went over my limit of 2500 for the month and upgraded to unlimited). However, my Torch grinds to a halt whenever I get one. Email and BBM are no problem, but when I get a text, everything on the phone becomes so slow it's unbearable.

At first I thought it was because my conversations get too long, so I started to delete them after a few exchanges with the same person - didn't help.
    Then I thought about doing battery pulls - didn't help, the memory free before and after is pretty much the same (+/- a few megs)
    Then I remembered that when I got my Torch I did a device switch, so I ended up wiping my Torch and starting from scratch (this is how annoying this slow down is)

When I did the wipe, it was good for a few weeks but now it's starting to act up again - I don't want to keep doing a reinstall every 3-4 weeks.

Has anybody encountered this? Or ideas on how to troubleshoot/fix?

Thanks.
    12-23-10 03:31 PM
    Hi, I know this doesn't help but I noticed that nobody has repied as yet. I just wanted to say that my Torch acts in the exact same way, another problem linked to SMS is that if I delete a text without reading it, it stays in my notifications drop down menu and the only way to remove this is to perform a battery pull.

I am running OS 6.0.0.246

Again, sorry, I know my reply doesn't really help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 03:49 PM
    Ah, no problem dude.

Any reply is a good reply - because it'll bump the thread. =)
    12-23-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD