My text message icon will have the red asterisk showing, but the only way I can read my text messages is by clicking on the bar between the audio icon and search icon located just below the time at the top. How can I get the messages to show up in the text message icon?
    12-16-10 12:44 AM
    The Today screen ("the bar between the audio icon and search icon located just below the time at the top") will direct you to that specific texter. The Text icon will only take you to the text app. This is how it works on my BB as well.
    12-16-10 01:02 AM
    Ok I understand that--maybe I should have said more...my text msgs used to go to the icon and I could click on it and read them. Now, they don't go to that icon, but only to the Today bar to read them. What have I changed to not receive them in my text msg icon area? (I sure hope that makes sense)
    12-16-10 01:12 AM
    What exactly happens when you click on the Text icon?

Try a soft reset. alt+right caps+del buttons held down in that order for a couple seconds. Your BB will reboot. See if that fixes the issue.
    barngoddess likes this.
    12-16-10 01:45 AM
    Well thank you, thank you--that seemed to have fixed the problem. I can at least see messages when I click the text msg icon now. Nobody I know is awake right now so I cant get a text test, but I'm happy I can at least find the msgs now.
    12-16-10 02:06 AM
    I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. I am very unfamiliar with my Torch but I'm working on getting to know it better. Thanks again!!! You're my hero!!! Always, Barngoddess
    12-16-10 02:08 AM
    I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. I am very unfamiliar with my Torch but I'm working on getting to know it better. Thanks again!!! You're my hero!!! Always, Barngoddess
    You're quite welcome. Happy to help! A soft reset is always a good idea after an application install or when something is not working correctly. Also after theme installs.
    12-16-10 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD