I really like the torch, but I've looked all over the settings for a fix to this:
    When I open up an SMS conversation, it doesn't always open to the most recent entry, even if I was on the most recent before closing the conversation. I then have to attempt the tricky "flick the track pad up just enough to get to the bottom without actually putting the cursor in the message" maneuver just to get to the bottom.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 09:21 AM
    This is a bug that I'm sure will be fixed soon in an OS update. It's been discussed a lot in other threads.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/op...ssages-514281/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/od...-issue-524742/
    09-11-10 09:34 AM
    The only fix for it that I know of is to just clear out your text messages... The bug only happens to long logs.
    09-11-10 09:35 AM
    Thanks. I looked in other threads and couldn't find it. May have searched for the wrong thing

09-11-10 10:18 AM
    Use the keyboard shortcut: b for bottom so you don't have to scroll down your messages, can be used the same for the browser.
    09-12-10 12:10 AM
    Use the keyboard shortcut: b for bottom so you don't have to scroll down your messages, can be used the same for the browser.
    Text message are chat style now (picture BBM style), so pressing B simply types a B on the text line which is waiting input upon opening a text "chat" conversation.
    09-12-10 01:09 AM
    Text message are chat style now (picture BBM style), so pressing B simply types a B on the text line which is waiting input upon opening a text "chat" conversation.
    You can always use the space bar to scroll through your messages faster though, as well as to page down in your browser

09-12-10 01:58 PM
    No, I'm talking about when you're in a conversation Place the cursor On any open conversation on the screen (Not the Text field) Press b and the cursor moves down to the last message. I just did it, I know what I'm talking about.
    You don't press any button while i'm the Text field that's where you're getting confused.
    09-12-10 03:08 PM
    It's really not that hard to swipe the screen once to move to the bottom - annoying, yes.

I'm sure it will be solved in an update soon!
    09-12-10 03:21 PM
    No, I'm talking about when you're in a conversation Place the cursor On any open conversation on the screen (Not the Text field) Press b and the cursor moves down to the last message. I just did it, I know what I'm talking about.
    You don't press any button while i'm the Text field that's where you're getting confused.
    I had an 8350i and am familiar with the B/T buttons, however, it may be a glitch in the software, but I too just went into a (very) lengthy chat text and put my cursor in several screens up then pressed "B" and "T" and nothing happened. Maybe I don't have something set right?

It's really not that hard to swipe the screen once to move to the bottom - annoying, yes.

I'm sure it will be solved in an update soon!
    That's what I do, a couple of swipes and I'm back on track. It's strange, it only happens with 1 contact of mine so far
    09-12-10 09:27 PM
    [QUOTE=KahneFan;5574046]I had an 8350i and am familiar with the B/T buttons, however, it may be a glitch in the software, but I too just went into a (very) lengthy chat text and put my cursor in several screens up then pressed "B" and "T" and nothing happened. Maybe I don't have something set right?QUOTE]

Hmmmm are your keyboard shortcuts turned on?
    09-12-10 10:31 PM
    Hmmmm are your keyboard shortcuts turned on?
    I'm not finding this option. What screen is it in?
    09-12-10 10:51 PM
    I'm not finding this option. What screen is it in?
    Hit the BB button in your home screen. Then at the top change it to application shortcuts

09-12-10 11:21 PM
    I was wondering if that was what calicocat was talking about but, I prefer the universal search though, so I guess I'm out of luck.

09-13-10 09:06 AM
    The problem with this bug is that for me anyways, most of the time one swipe down won't get me to the bottom because it puts me so far up in the conversation that it's too far away. So multiple swipes or pressing back and exiting and then going back in are both ways to deal with it, but it shouldn't be that way, it should just work correctly.
    09-14-10 03:06 PM
    The best fix I found for this so far was simply quickly scrolling up then down right after with the trackpad. It brings the conversation log down to the most recent and then takes you back to the input field.. Hope this helps. it works for me a lot better than flicking the touch screen to scroll down.
    09-15-10 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD