Not sure what to think or do here. My Torch has been terribly sluggish and slow all day. From selecting an icon until entering the program (twitter, internet, email, etc) to even typing in my log in info here on crackberry. I have not downloaded anything new, and I have actually started deleting stuff thruought the day trying to pinpoint. I have done a dozen battery pulls to no avail. I am running 246 and until today it's been great. I'm even having slow response from my BB HS700 headset when answering calls. Any helpful ideas before I wipe and reload?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 05:56 PM
    Go to the app management screen and look at what is using the most cpu or memory.
    09-28-10 05:57 PM
    Did that. Nothing unusual there, except options was using a lot when I opened it. Everything else is little or no usage. Media was taking some, but after about the 8th batt pull, it said there were media card errors, ran the fix and still having issues.

09-28-10 06:02 PM
    Try taking the media card out maybe. If the phone keeps scanning the card for some reason the phone slows down during the scan.
    09-28-10 06:03 PM
    I'll try that. Thank you.

09-28-10 06:06 PM
    Well, unfortunately that didn't work either. I have even gone so far as to erase net history, sent/deleted emails, etc. Really confusing and frustrating. This thing is running slower than my wife's old Storm 1. Grrrrrr.

09-28-10 06:16 PM
    Do a backup via the dm and then maybe try a security wipe. Remember you are running a leak. Some apps are not 100% OS6 friendly. Maybe list what apps you run so we can see how many other run them. I posted a list of what I run in the 246 leak thread.

09-28-10 07:15 PM
    Sounds like some module might have gotten screwed up or something... I have yet to see any kind of lag on .246 other than from media card scanning or if you lose reception and it has to regain it.
    09-28-10 07:22 PM
    Try taking the media card out maybe. If the phone keeps scanning the card for some reason the phone slows down during the scan.
    I too have been experiencing a dramatic slow-down lately... am thinking it might be due to probs with PocketInformant (largest CPU use among all apps, and almost daily null exception errors).

but comments by "papped" re the media card intrigues me because the other day I got some notification about a problem with bad sectors on the card (cannot remember if was while viewing a downloaded file, or a podcast). Are there any built-in utilities for evaluating the media card - eg is it slowing things down?
    09-28-10 10:06 PM
    Try a security wipe, if that doesn't work and the other options in this thread don't, return it for another or get a Samsung Captivate or iPhone 4.
    09-28-10 11:37 PM
    had the same exact problem. suddenly got v sluggish. i connected to desktop and deleted a couple of apps - iHEARTradio and Slacker radio. After it deleted them it seemed to be reinstalling everything - though I don't know why - and seems to have corrected the problem.
    11-01-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD