after reading the hilariously entertaining thread on how someone hates their Torch going to college and not smart enough to grow up........ and get a apart time job ...it dawned on me that phones like anything else continue to evolve and debugged over time. Soooooo....my question is any ideas if there will be a Torch redux like the Storm series? ..... I'm thinking maybe the KB will b enhanced a tad etc. with all this feedback or does RIM even visit and take in all the BB forum posts into consideration?

I'm eligible for an upgrade and Let's Talk has them for $79 now, used to b $99....what's up with that...are they really that bad of a phone...? Just asking as the price drop got my attention also not wanting nor interested in the love / hate issue with the phone itself. I'm a truck guy and read these kind of threads often with Fords..... I'm really just looking for some insight to see if maybe I should hold off a few more months...... My BB 9000 is great but for the browser and trackball wearing out my thumb lol...ha...

Thanks....now we resume our regularly posted flames on 'why i hate my BB'.....lol...
    11-09-10 08:21 PM
    wait...your making fun of a collage kid with the grammar and spelling and general lack of periods as opposed to.....

I am not hating on you here, but your going to get flamed pretty bad. I mean, your asking a pretty valid question but your not going to get the right sort of answers like that.

I like the torch, I went from a 9700 to this phone and I find it amazing. Nothing it being discussed yet in regards to a refresh. Will you see it ? Yes, but probably not for a few more months and then you will just see leaks and it will take a bit to come out. If your seriously looking at this phone, it is a good upgrade.
    11-09-10 08:40 PM
    Had the 9000 and traded up for the 9700. OS5 and the trackpad were a great reason. Traded up again to the Torch. OS6. New webkit browser. Touchscreen. Trackpad. Physical keyboard not as clacky as the 9000 and 9700. More screen real estate. Great battery life. What's not to like about the Torch?
    11-09-10 09:31 PM
    Why does the price drop have anything to do with the phone quality? I see several threads with people "surprised" at a price redux.. Its simply carriers competing with other carriers prices on phones. Its called "competition"..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 10:11 PM
    If you're willing to wait a year or so I suggest you wait, but if you'll be eligible for another upgrade then you should just go for the Torch. Technology's always moving forward so there's always something around the corner. That's why I'm quicker to pick things up and I just read up on things obsessively right before their launch to help me decide what to do.

If you're looking to get a Blackberry no matter what and want a touch screen I suggest grabbing the Torch. The 9780's great if you don't need the touchscreen.
    11-10-10 03:07 AM
    Technology is weird, as soon as something comes out, it's already out of date and redundant. I'm sure by this time next year there will have been a torch refresh(typical RIM fashion).
    If you need or want a new phone now, go for it you wont be disappointing.
    11-10-10 03:16 AM
    Well, I happen to love the device. There is certainly a lot of talk about disappointing sales, but hey...I love what I love. I'm probably the only person in the universe who admits loving the AMC Pacer, so what others think doesn't affect me at all.

I'm loving my Torch. I have not carried my little laptop since I got it. Love being able to switch between touchscreen and keyboard.

I expect we will see a refresh by this time next year.

11-10-10 04:52 AM
    Will the trackball last another year? Go into a store and test one. If it meets your needs, get it. If the Torch refresh meets your needs and if you are on AT&T, do a secured upgrade then. Either way, you would definitely benefit from an upgrade.

11-10-10 06:22 AM
    Thanks for all the great replies....yeah unnerstan...the techie merry go round ...nevah can stay up with it movin fwd......price drop and competition unnerstan just thinking maybe there was more to it.....come to find out ...NOT just that simple...well cool...... annnnnnddddd....for those that may pick up on my excellent grammer and typin skills and lack of......once out of colege dis is where I let mah hair down.....well...if I had any let that is.......but thanks for the warning on the flames......

the juan thread on 'hate mah bb' was bettah then watching the good wife (swoon)....lol....

OKi-doki looks like it'll be a black friday for me to up grade......

ah one more thing could someone edumahkate me on just what is a 'secured upgrade'.....thanks.....keep up the good work yah'll.....

C-man.....
    11-10-10 08:00 AM
    A secured upgrade usually $50 or so plus the 2 Yr contract price and your contract is extended 2 years. These are possible before your official upgrade date and may depend on how long you have been a customer. It may also depends on how much you spend every month.
    11-10-10 10:20 AM
    Great thanks...

think I'll stop by this weekend and chat with them about it ....appreciate the education.....
    11-10-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD