I'm no where near trying to start rumors or anything, and I didn't feel like putting this in the other thread because it could be overlooked. I called Telus today in order to pre-order my phone so maybe they could ship it tomorrow. I talked with the guy, and he says. "Trouble is, there are chances are we will be experiencing another delay due to the amount of units that are in demand. The latest it will be bumped back will be October 8th."

He went on to say that stores would be my best bet to get one (closest one is 2 hours away) and even then there is a chance that they will be sold out and won't receive new shipments for up to three weeks. Also, if I was to order online he said the phone could take up to two months to get to me. I don't live that far away from anywhere, I'm 2 hours south east of Calgary, Hanna, if any of you know where that is.

So whats with this? I'd appreciate if someone else called Telus support tonight and see what they have to say. I'm not waiting that long for my Torch, i'll go to Bell.

By no means meant to scare anyone, but with all this uncertainty it's impossible to see the end of it. I don't want to wait until December for a phone I've been waiting for since May.
    09-28-10 07:12 PM
    Well they do put almost all stock to store fronts anticipating higher sales through retail outlets vs CSR orders.

Id call right back and speak to 3 or 4 different CSRs and see what else you can get out of them.
    09-28-10 07:15 PM
    Well they do put almost all stock to store fronts anticipating higher sales through retail outlets vs CSR orders.

Id call right back and speak to 3 or 4 different CSRs and see what else you can get out of them.
    Already did, the second one quoted him almost word for word. I'm going to call tomorrow as well.
    09-28-10 07:17 PM
    I posted in the other thread a couple of minutes ago about my doubts regarding TELUS. The web site still says "Coming Soon" and I have yet to hear of a single Torch being in stock anywhere, about 36 hours before release. The @TELUSsupport on Twitter did confirm to me that it was going to be available on the 30th but dodged my question about whether dealers were going to have stock on the 30th. I'm on the list at my local corporate store and also at my neighborood dealer and haven't heard from either. At this point, I'll only believe anything when I have the box in my hands. This is easily one of the worst product launch ever. And I don't have much patience left.
    09-28-10 07:28 PM
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 start arriving at Bell stores | MobileSyrup.com

Bell has them

Telus has done some rogue releases in the past, this might be another one.
    09-28-10 07:32 PM
    Looks like we're going to be "Torched" by Telus.
    09-28-10 07:55 PM
    Looks like we're going to be "Torched" by Telus.

I had to!!!!
    09-28-10 08:20 PM
    No news is good news. It'll be out on Thursday people

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 08:21 PM
    its still saying "coming soon" does not mean that much because the samsung that was just released today said coming soon up till today so it will say that till the day it is released

but i am sure we wont see it on thurs now
    09-28-10 08:27 PM
    How are you sure? Seems like everyones getting sucked into a rumor with no validity whatsoever

09-28-10 08:31 PM
    its not being sucked in

its just this is turning out like last week with rumours and **** and look what happened
    09-28-10 08:34 PM
    Don't worry too much guys. A friend of mine just dropped by a Future Shop (Robson, downtown Vancouver) and they have 6 in stock...but cannot sell until Thursday.
    09-28-10 08:48 PM
    To the OP..does Hanna even have a Telus outlet? What about Drumheller? I'm sure they might have some smaller outlets who may not be getting them right away (cuz they are small outfits)..but if I were you I'd be planning on driving to Calgary or Red Deer come Thursday. I've already talked to Best Buy in R.D. and they have them in store..just waiting for release day.

09-28-10 08:48 PM
    As I said, telus does rogue launches.

09-28-10 08:49 PM
    Check out your best buy up there when it released here in the us my store didn't run out but once for 3 days. Maybe even preorder it. 50 dollars down you get it right back into a gift card

09-28-10 08:51 PM
    Called up FS for my pre-ordered Rogers Torch and was told that Rogers has the highest number of devices per store inventory. I was also assured that I ll get one in store as it was pre-ordered , can't wait for Thursday and run after work !
    09-28-10 09:01 PM
    Don't worry guys. Authorized dealers got a bulletin today sept 28th about the launch of the device and it states it will be released on the 30th. Call them if you don't believe me and need to be reassured ...
    09-28-10 09:01 PM
    im not going to believe anything anymore, I'm tired of getting my hopes up! I am going to telus either thursday or friday to see of they are in yet. Ive just read and been told so many different things by so many different people that its obvious no one knows anything!!!
    09-28-10 09:03 PM
    Don't worry too much guys. A friend of mine just dropped by a Future Shop (Robson, downtown Vancouver) and they have 6 in stock...but cannot sell until Thursday.
    According to the FutureShop web site In-store availability, the Robson store has the Torch for Bell, not for Telus.
    09-28-10 09:05 PM
    There's some people in here that are reassuring me, but really there's no way to know. Hanna does have 2 Telus outlets, however they aren't stores, and therefore aren't given the same information. My neighboor runs the one and I just talked to him, he has absolutely zero idea when the phone is being released, so that kind of bums me out. I might have to look up some numbers from BestBuy or FS tomorrow and grab one.
    09-28-10 09:16 PM
    Shawnessy FS in Calgary has some lol, not like I want one though.
    09-28-10 09:19 PM
    I had to!!!!
    Somebody should tell Horatio that he's already wearing sunglasses :P
    09-28-10 09:21 PM
    Anyone seen or heard of one in stock yet??
    09-29-10 08:03 AM
    Somebody should tell Horatio that he's already wearing sunglasses :P
    wouldnt be a pun if we didnt make fun of everything... especially the sunglasses.
    09-29-10 08:06 AM
    future shop says tomorrow, telus stores say friday
    09-29-10 09:08 AM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD