Hey thanks for leaving the comfy confines of CB and reading my posts over at AC. Calling the Epic a POS is beyond absurd since it is considered among the top smartphones available today, if not the best, by virtually every reviewer. Yes, the Epic is having some signal strength issues which is causing battery drain but I suspect that has more to do with Sprint than the phone. Also, the calendar issue was resolved.

Having spent some time over at AC I'm sure you noticed the comparative lack of problems being reported with the Epic versus the Torch. Also there are no articles pointing out bad reviews(there are none), no articles predicting doom for Samsung(there are none) and no flame wars at all. Also since you have verified that I am test driving an Android phone I hope that will dispel the myth that I am an Apply fan boy.
    And here is the tagline from Sprint -

"Get your hands on this mobile entertainment powerhouse, packed full of awesome movie and gaming features. Order yours now, exclusively from Sprint."

Ummm - I don't need a "mobile entertainment powerhouse". I need a phone that makes calls, sends and receives e-mails, handles my calendar and contacts, and occasionally check ESPN scores. But you have fun with that EPIC and all the fun games and stuff.
    09-09-10 02:36 PM
    I am not one of those who bash ATT. I am mostly happy with their service and my 9700 works very well on their network.

I am angry with ATT as they have so far allowed all the Apple fan-boys and girls to move on to the very next iteration each and every time with lenient upgrade terms.

But they do not treat Blackberry fans in the same way.

I got my last upgrade in November and if they had honored the same lenient upgrade rules they gave to the Apples I would have a new Torch right now, but they did not!

Come on ATT. Why are Blackberries 2nd class citizens? Doesn't seem fair to bend the rules for the Apple but not the Blackberry fanatics.
    09-09-10 02:40 PM
    I am not one of those who bash ATT. I am mostly happy with their service and my 9700 works very well on their network.

I am angry with ATT as they have so far allowed all the Apple fan-boys and girls to move on to the very next iteration each and every time with lenient upgrade terms.

I got my last upgrade in November and if they had honored the same lenient upgrade rules they gave to the Apples I would have a new Torch right now, but they did not!

Come on ATT. Why are Blackberries 2nd class citizens? Doesn't seem fair to bend the rules for the Apple but not the Blackberry fanatics.
    Maybe because AT&T sells several different models of BlackBerry, none which are "iteration" of the next. There are 4 different iPhones. All an upgrade from the last.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 04:26 PM

To say that Apple and AT&T are in bed together is an understatement..
    iphones consumes more data than blackberry... and people who have iphones.. the heavy users are more likely to go over the NEW 2Gb cap for data plan... so they'll pay more than your regular BB subscriber..

another thing.. I scratch yours.. you scratch mine...
    look at the Ipad... if you want mobile broadband connection.. your stuck with All mighty AT&T..
    i can't even use my pre paid Virgin Mobile broadband plan since the freakin' thing doesn't have a USB port..
    09-09-10 05:25 PM
    Exactly. But really, what does it matter? Why would anyone here or consumers in general care what sells more (except of course for those that are trendy and only want what everyone else has regardless of what it is)?
    More sales = More demand = More money for RIM = More money to devs = Better apps and services = better everything else pretty much.
    09-09-10 05:51 PM

Probably in their contract with Apple so that Apple can inflate their sales numbers. lol.
    09-09-10 05:59 PM
    More sales = More demand = More money for RIM = More money to devs = Better apps and services = better everything else pretty much.
    Not exactly that linear though... If RIM moves 8 million units in X time instead of 6 million, that doesn't mean the app quality or count will really increase at all.

They are separate issues and are affected by different things.

Fostering their app space and dev environment is not = to moving handsets. And RIM already excels at moving handsets so that is not the cause...

EDIT: Piggybacking on this post. I'm closing the thread I think it's run it's course. PK
    Last edited by pkcable; 09-09-10 at 09:58 PM. Reason: time to close the thread!
    09-09-10 06:07 PM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD