Obviously you don't no how IT environments work. If I were to install unofficial software on company devices I could be held accountable if things went wrong. Such as an unforseen bug that causes some issue which prevents employees from performing their job duties. Why would anybody want to put their job at risk for an unofficial OS upgrade? The right way to do it is to wait until an update is officially approved by our wireless carrier (AT&T) and it has been tested by our IT department to work in our enterprise environment.
    you know .... not everyone who owns a bb got it from their work ...
    09-09-10 10:28 AM
    I think they're probably basing it off of how much they still have in stock at stores sitting on the shelf, which I have no idea what that number is.

Meh who cares anyway. It's of some importance if you wanna discuss RIM's market share and place in the exploding smartphone market, but in terms of personal enjoyment, if you like the phone, who cares if they sell 1 or 1 million units?
    09-09-10 10:28 AM
    Update -

My BB Torch makes it through the whole day easily on one battery charge with plenty to spare. I surf, e-mail, text, BBM and talk all day. Your Epic doesn't. As a matter of fact you need to carry an extra battery just to make it through a day. Oh that's right - you won't carry an extra battery - you'll just drop Sprint and return the Epic.

My BB Torch will send exchange e-mails no problem no matter what mode I am in. Airplane mode included. E-mail is pushed and seamless. Your Epic doesn't and won't.

My BB torch syncs up with my calendar perfectly with no issues at all - always has. Your Epic doesn't.

I am on my first BB Torch and have had no issues. You are already on your 2nd Epic.

EPIC FAIL. Stop banging on the Torch and start worrying about your POS.
    DAGGERS OUT!!!

Man that was quite a burn.
    09-09-10 10:29 AM
    I'm not surprised if it is not a huge seller. No one knows about it.

Up until very recently, there were no ads (now there are some). Apple spends tons of money just advertising and building its brand. Plus, the iPhone is a good phone and a good platform for Apps. No single Android phone is huge. But, Android is popular because it is being used in lots of phones because it is a good OS. I bet that most people don't know what Android is though.

Enterprise sales will come but most companies are not early adopters. Consumers chasing a hot product are.

So, I take AT&T's statement to mean that AT&T thought Torch would have been more popular in the consumer market than it has been so far. What promotion did AT&T do in order to create a buzz around this product?
    09-09-10 10:32 AM
    You are a bright one. Go look at Apple's stock on the days that it's had major keynotes. It's had 15% wiped from its value in one day. Market price isn't an indication of sales, its an indication of investor confidence. After the next earnings report the stock will pick back up. Investors are only responding to early online reporting. Firm sales figures and earnings will determine what happens from here. Your speculation is laughable.
    You are making my point. The market has very little, if any, confidence in RIM and their flagship device. As soon as they saw the official announcment and specs the market responded poorly to it and as a result RIMs stock value dropped and it has continued to drop. We shall see how well its selling next week when RIM announces their 2nd quarter results.

What's laugable is when you try to compare Apple stock value to RIMs.
    09-09-10 10:32 AM
    you know .... not everyone who owns a bb got it from their work ...

and your pathetic
    IMO speaking from a technical perspective, if youre not using your Blackberry for work why even own one? Outside of email it falls short in just about every other category. Actually even in email the casual user will hardly see any benefit from a Blackberry. Practically every phone can do push email with hotmail, gmail etc accounts.
    So it must be for some other reason, maybe it's an emotional attachment?
    09-09-10 11:00 AM
    Unfortunately, when people quote you your drivel still appears on the screen.

#1, go to school and try to learn to read. No comparison was made to Apple. It's an example of 1 day losses which completely negates your arguement, none of the current movement is based on sales, investors don't have the sales figures.

#2, "very little, if any" You're ignorance is astounding. Confidence has dropped in a competetive market, it happens, speculators run. "Very little, if any" just indicates your lack of understanding. We'll see what happens at the end of this month.

Undoubtedly if the stock moves up on good earning you'll have nothing to say. If it continues down I'm sure we'll hear from you again.

"You are making my point. The market has very little, if any, confidence in RIM and their flagship device. As soon as they saw the official announcment and specs the market responded poorly to it and as a result RIMs stock value dropped and it has continued to drop. We shall see how well its selling next week when RIM announces their 2nd quarter results.

What's laugable is when you try to compare Apple stock value to RIMs."
    09-09-10 11:05 AM
    IMO speaking from a technical perspective, if youre not using your Blackberry for work why even own one?
    Most people use their phone regularly as: a phone (!), for email, for texting, and for internet (browsing, youtube, etc.). The Torch is great at all of these things.

Does this answer your question?
    09-09-10 11:13 AM
    I'm a new BlackBerry user and a new Torch owner. So far, I love and hate this phone. It's a huge step up from the Palm Treo 680 I was using. I like the screen, and the sliderer keyboard. I am still learning the things this phone can do.

However, I am pissed with AT&T. Lubbbock, TX has 3G in the metro area. Leave Lubbock County and go home to Plainview, TX it drops to EDGE on Cingular. All but BBM stops working. The Phone will work in GSM. But don't expect the browser or any of the features that this phone was designed for to work unless you have the 3G and BlackBerry logo showing in the upper right corner.

AT&T, FEWER BARS IN MORE PLACES. THEY DON'T COVER 97% OF AMERICA. Ever heard of truth in advertizing AT&T? Right now, it's advertizing is very fraudulent.
    09-09-10 11:16 AM
    He's a child, he's not going to change. He's the 5 year old in the playground that attacks you because you got a better birthday present. It's insecurity, and in the classic vein he'll try to attract attention, even negative, to validate himself. Generally attributed to "mummy issues". He doesnt feel loved is all it is. Pathetic little guy.

Most people use their phone regularly as: a phone (!), for email, for texting, and for internet (browsing, youtube, etc.). The Torch is great at all of these things.

Does this answer your question?
    09-09-10 11:17 AM
    I'm sure I'll get flammed for this but here it goes....

My store has sold 5 Torches since release day, the original five we got and no one has really been in asking for it to justify getting more.

We can sell out of 5 iPhone's in a matter of a few hours.

Again, this is real life day-to-day customers in an AT&T Retail store.
    09-09-10 11:20 AM
    Hey, at least you have facts. Can't argue with those.

My store has sold 5 Torches since release day, the original five we got and no one has really been in asking for it to justify getting more.

09-09-10 11:22 AM
    If you're riding on Apple's nutz we can expect some of the comments in here. Which leads me to wonder what the interest in the BB really is.

BB isn't ever going to match the Iphone sales. No one ever expected or indicated that. We have over 60 retail stores and have no problems with sales of the Torch.
    09-09-10 11:26 AM
    I'm not really sure why it matters to lilsix up there how many 9800's get sold, I don't think RIM has ever had a stand out device that sold in the 10's of millions, but the combined total of all their devices make his "roid" the pin ***** in his arse that it's obviously become

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 11:27 AM

Hey, at least you have facts. Can't argue with those.
    Exactly. But really, what does it matter? Why would anyone here or consumers in general care what sells more (except of course for those that are trendy and only want what everyone else has regardless of what it is)?
    09-09-10 11:31 AM
    Agreed, I don'y buy RIMM so I really don't care. As long as I can go to the store and buy what I want I'm good with that. Some people just like the attention I guess.

Exactly. But really, what does it matter? Why would anyone here or consumers in general care what sells more (except of course for those that are trendy and only want what everyone else has regardless of what it is)?
    09-09-10 11:34 AM
    My point was that the Stock market has responded negatively to RIM and the their flagship, the Torch, because by and large it is just another sub-par buggy touch screen much like the Storm was. Most reviewers have not been impressed by it and their reactions have been lukewarm at best.

IMO given RIMs track record with new phones these days it would be in everybody's best interest to take a wait-and-see attitude before jumping in and buying anything they release. Being a BIS admin I tell everyone to avoid the Torch for now and steer them towards devices from other manufacturers.
    So you tell everyone to steer away from the Torch and Consumer Reports says steer away from the iPhone. Well, based on these two credible sources, we now only have a few manufactures to choose from.........
    09-09-10 11:35 AM
    Although it's plausible and I'm not a Torch enthusiast, Electronista has had a history of sensational headlines and later retractions when it comes to RIM.
    09-09-10 11:44 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    09-09-10 11:45 AM
    Really? Barney..... I agree with your point but come on bro.... why bring barney into this lol..... some lines are not meant to cross lol

Yet it is the number one device for customer satisfaction.

Google "BlackBerry sucks" and you will find the same nonsense. Same thing goes for Android, George Bush and Barney (just about everything if you catch my drift).
    09-09-10 12:03 PM
    I'm a new BlackBerry user and a new Torch owner. So far, I love and hate this phone. It's a huge step up from the Palm Treo 680 I was using. I like the screen, and the sliderer keyboard. I am still learning the things this phone can do.

However, I am pissed with AT&T. Lubbbock, TX has 3G in the metro area. Leave Lubbock County and go home to Plainview, TX it drops to EDGE on Cingular. All but BBM stops working. The Phone will work in GSM. But don't expect the browser or any of the features that this phone was designed for to work unless you have the 3G and BlackBerry logo showing in the upper right corner.

AT&T, FEWER BARS IN MORE PLACES. THEY DON'T COVER 97% OF AMERICA. Ever heard of truth in advertizing AT&T? Right now, it's advertizing is very fraudulent.
    That means you're covered..........
    09-09-10 12:18 PM
    Update -

My BB Torch makes it through the whole day easily on one battery charge with plenty to spare. I surf, e-mail, text, BBM and talk all day. Your Epic doesn't. As a matter of fact you need to carry an extra battery just to make it through a day. Oh that's right - you won't carry an extra battery - you'll just drop Sprint and return the Epic.

My BB Torch will send exchange e-mails no problem no matter what mode I am in. Airplane mode included. E-mail is pushed and seamless. Your Epic doesn't and won't.

My BB torch syncs up with my calendar perfectly with no issues at all - always has. Your Epic doesn't.

I am on my first BB Torch and have had no issues. You are already on your 2nd Epic.

EPIC FAIL. Stop banging on the Torch and start worrying about your POS.
    Hey thanks for leaving the comfy confines of CB and reading my posts over at AC. Calling the Epic a POS is beyond absurd since it is considered among the top smartphones available today, if not the best, by virtually every reviewer. Yes, the Epic is having some signal strength issues which is causing battery drain but I suspect that has more to do with Sprint than the phone. Also, the calendar issue was resolved.

Having spent some time over at AC I'm sure you noticed the comparative lack of problems being reported with the Epic versus the Torch. Also there are no articles pointing out bad reviews(there are none), no articles predicting doom for Samsung(there are none) and no flame wars at all. Also since you have verified that I am test driving an Android phone I hope that will dispel the myth that I am an Apply fan boy.
    09-09-10 02:02 PM
    Thinking that any device doesn't have several reported issues at launch is stupid... Search around you will find plenty of issues. This is true for any phone.

Samsung Epic already having issues on launch day
    Samsung Epic 4G Tech Issues - Sprint Android Forum
    Sprint Samsung Epic community

You're not looking hard enough or just pretending they don't exist... If people are happy with the Epic congrats, I could care less. But don't pretend the phone is above defect or issues.
    09-09-10 02:19 PM
    Hey thanks for leaving the comfy confines of CB and reading my posts over at AC. Calling the Epic a POS is beyond absurd since it is considered among the top smartphones available today, if not the best, by virtually every reviewer. Yes, the Epic is having some signal strength issues which is causing battery drain but I suspect that has more to do with Sprint than the phone. Also, the calendar issue was resolved.

Having spent some time over at AC I'm sure you noticed the comparative lack of problems being reported with the Epic versus the Torch. Also there are no articles pointing out bad reviews(there are none), no articles predicting doom for Samsung(there are none) and no flame wars at all. Also since you have verified that I am test driving an Android phone I hope that will dispel the myth that I am an Apply fan boy.
    Dude - don't get all testy. Bottom line is the Epic is an EPIC FAIL. Which is why your e-mail doesn't work, your battery drains, your signal is for sheeet, and you have already had to return one. I am just looking for the truth and these issues are from your own mouth. I'll gladly stick with my Torch but you better go back to that iPhone .
    09-09-10 02:28 PM
    Also there were some reviews that stated they were getting worse signal on the Epic 4g compared to the same location running the Evo, which falls in line with what some users are reporting as well. There were issues reported in reviews...
    09-09-10 02:32 PM
107 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD