I'm 100% sure that you walked into the AT&T store with that exact thought: "I'm gonna buy this Torch because no one else is buying it. I hate when I see other people with my phone!"
    Same question for you Tucker - why come on here and hassle and try to aggravate folks? I don't get it? Can you explain?
    09-08-10 04:06 PM
    Two reasons I don't have a torch yet:

1. My 9700 was purchased in December, and therefor my upgrade is not available until December. I'm not going to pay the $75 early upgrade, and I would expect the phone to drop in price in December anyway.

2. Compatibility - I do enjoy some apps, and it seems many are not yet ready for OS6. In a few more months, I expect the apps I have to have versions ready for OS6.

I'm expecting to upgrade in December, but may wait to see how 6 runs on the 9700 before making a final decision. I was really excited about the phone and would have jumped on it day one if AT&T had offered me the same deal they offered me on the iPhone.
    09-08-10 04:07 PM
    you guys are commenting on an article that might not be true.
    everyone allways wants to be first with news doent really matter anymore if its true or not. just like people were reporting the torch price was slashed to $99 that was a completely false it would have taken a minute to find out that that wasd not true did they care nope! so i honestly dont believe any of thes articles anymore
    LetsTalk.com on the CB Blogs is advertising the $99 price though not for long. As more Apple owners become more disaffected, a small number may give the Torch a try. As advertising and word spreads, more companies and consuners will give the Torch a look see.
    09-08-10 04:08 PM
    I don't know what AC is - and I can assure you I most likely could care less. I know that I would never go to a iPhone forum and talk about how crappy I think they are. Or an Android forum. I just googled iPhone sucks and there are plenty of people who think they do.

I come here for information about the phone I have.

But you didn't really answer my question - why do you care about BB's and feel the need to bash them? Why do you come here? Why post this article? Whats the deal?
    I'm a fan of cell phones, former BB owner and a former prospective Torch owner. I waited for the Torch for years as soons as rumours of it began to surface. It is the ideal form factor for me. Like countless others, I was disappointed to see RIM reach into the parts bin to cobble together this device. I've lurked on this site for at least a couple years and others as well. I guess I keep coming back because the reaction of the RIM fan bois and girls is just so entertaining.

AC is the sister site to CB. It's linked at the top.
    09-08-10 04:11 PM
    LetsTalk.com on the CB Blogs is advertising the $99 price though not for long. As more Apple owners become more disaffected, a small number may give the Torch a try. As advertising and word spreads, more companies and consuners will give the Torch a look see.
    What evidence do you offer for Apple owners becoming "disaffected"?
    09-08-10 04:12 PM
    I'm a fan of cell phones, former BB owner and a former prospective Torch owner. I waited for the Torch for years as soons as rumours of it began to surface. It is the ideal form factor for me. Like countless others, I was disappointed to see RIM reach into the parts bin to cobble together this device. I've lurked on this site for at least a couple years and others as well. I guess I keep coming back because the reaction of the RIM fan bois and girls is just so entertaining.

AC is the sister site to CB. It's linked at the top.
    So basically you just come on here to tweak BB owners and try to **** them off. Playing angry birds (whatever that is) and hiding behind a computer aggravating people - sounds like you have a pretty killer thing going on there. Congrats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 04:18 PM
    Don't feed the trolls. their appetite is insatiable.
    09-08-10 04:22 PM
    So basically you just come on here to tweak BB owners and try to **** them off. Playing angry birds (whatever that is) and hiding behind a computer aggravating people - sounds like you have a pretty killer thing going on there. Congrats.

You are a case in point my friend. Making the impersonal(a smart phone) personal(negative attacks on people). I respectfully suggest you need to lighten up a bit. Getting aggravated by comments on a forum about cell phones by people you don't know isn't a good sign for you.
    09-08-10 04:23 PM
    Google iPhone sucks - that's all the evidence you need.

09-08-10 04:24 PM
    You are a case in point my friend. Making the impersonal(a smart phone) personal(negative attacks on people). I respectfully suggest you need to lighten up a bit. Getting aggravated by comments on a forum about cell phones by people you don't know isn't a good sign for you.
    What is angry birds?

09-08-10 04:25 PM
    What is angry birds?

Just about the hottest app going on Android and Apple.
    09-08-10 04:27 PM
    If you go to forums with the sole purpose ar trying to tweek people and get reactions for your amusement it seems like you are the one who needs to lighten up my friend.

09-08-10 04:28 PM
    If you go to forums with the sole purpose ar trying to tweek people and get reactions for your amusement it seems like you are the one who needs to lighten up my friend.

I'm good, not complaining. You seem to have an issue. Just by both of us being on this forum I bet we have more in common than you'd think.
    09-08-10 04:30 PM
    Just about the hottest app going on Android and Apple.
    Now that's funny. I know what it is. It's terrible.

09-08-10 04:30 PM
    madlaw is a known troll - pay him no mind as he is only here for negative attention.

A truly sad individual.
    09-08-10 04:31 PM
    'troll' is an obligatory word in every 9800 owner's vocabulary here.
    09-08-10 04:32 PM
    Not directed at me, but I'll answer anyways. 100% of my friends with iPhones (admittedly a small sample) are currently looking to switch to something else. Most likely BlackBerry, though they're considering Android. My friends with BlackBerrys (a much larger sample) are quite happy with their phones. From what I've heard of the iPhone experience, it's great at first, but infuriating once you've had your phone for a year. It's buggy, it's locked down, and the UI is poorly designed. I'm certain people that love their iPhone will attack me for that last one, but that's honestly what I'm hearing. Sure the UI is simple and easy to use for basic features, but for power users, it's slow and featureless. But again, this is second-hand from people I know that own iPhones. I haven't used one enough to know the UI well. Based just on features/specs I knew well in advance an iPhone wasn't in consideration when purchasing my phone.

In any case, that's not what people are complaining about. The iPhone isn't for me and that's fine. I'm great at getting iPhone fans wound up when I want to, but I've got better things to do with my time. I stick to the CB forums.
    09-08-10 04:58 PM
    In response to the article, that sucks for RIM and At&t, as I'm sure that they thought it would ultimately do well, and for a Blackberry maybe it is? Or maybe it will be in the long run. Its only been out for a couple weeks!

As far as Blackberry's that I have owned, I've only had an 8330 and a 9500. I haven't personally held a 9800, seems like it may be nice. While Blackberrys "work", I feel as though they aren't as fluid as Android phones (I now have the DroidX). Damn the apps, I still don't understand how they're web browser on a Blackberry isn't as robust as the competition. But this all lies with the OS. I am still envious of their hardware, especially the 9650! If RIM took the 9650, and put Android on it, I'd be sold.

But again, the original article sounds like it sucks for the companies, but as long as you Torch owners are happy with it, more power to you!
    09-08-10 05:01 PM
    i'm not surprised nor bothered by this..
    i like the phone since day 1.. i'm still liking it.. end of story.
    i don't really care if 5 or 50 people in the subway has the same phone..
    i will actually feel bad if every Tom,**** and Harry has the torch.. it makes my phone too common..

Hehe. You said ****!

I agree. Matters not to me. Again, the Torch is not for everyone. So for those that feel the need to start these threads, we're still enjoying the device.
    09-08-10 05:11 PM
    As far as evidence do you really need evidence now a days any can write an article and if its interesting enough it will spread like fire true or not true you don't need evidence so this is my article
    " steve jobs died and google is going bankrupt" that was a quote from the ex ceo that was fired from HP and now is co ceo for oracle.
    09-08-10 05:17 PM
    I think they were just expecting the Torch to be hotter than it is.
    Well, sales may have been brisker if they had released it with OS .214!! How many people lurk on forums like this, see all the problems, then move on?
    09-08-10 05:24 PM
    Well, sales may have been brisker if they had released it with OS .214!! How many people lurk on forums like this, see all the problems, then move on?
    Very, very few. Always have to remember that anyone on here basically represents a micro-fraction minority.

I doubt most people would decide to either get the phone or not based on the differences between the current OS and the .214 leak either. Your average consumer is not that discerning.
    09-08-10 05:28 PM
    Based on some Youtube videos on the launch of the Torch, I think AT&T had high expectations for the Torch. But, we have to remember, that the customer has a broader selection of smartphones (iPhones, Android, WebOS, Win, etc), and that the Blackberry is NOT for everyone. When BB was king of the hill (pretty much the only choice if you wanted something more than a communication device), RIM didn't need to market - the customer had no choice. Now, with the widespread use and assimilation of smartphones, the expectations are higher.

For me, the Torch is still the best choice. Do I wish it had a faster processor, better screen, more features? Heck, yea. Would I buy the next BB if it had a 4" screen, 1Ghz processor, front facing camera, more internal memory, more apps? Of course! would I trade my Torch for the iPhone4, Captivate or Palm Pre - NOPE.
    09-08-10 05:38 PM
    Google iPhone sucks - that's all the evidence you need.

Yet it is the number one device for customer satisfaction.

Google "BlackBerry sucks" and you will find the same nonsense. Same thing goes for Android, George Bush and Barney (just about everything if you catch my drift).
    09-08-10 05:46 PM
    I think they don't get the type of people that are going to upgrade to the torch either...

A lot of them might prefer the 9700 refresh or are in no real hurry to upgrade. It's not exactly the iphone situation where people are just waiting to upgrade regardless of what has or hasn't changed. It's not like the iphone either where you basically have 1 upgrade option available any given year...
    09-08-10 05:50 PM
107 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD