I saw on Yahoo this morning where AT&T is offering the Torch for $.01 with a new 2 year agreement. Sounds like a heck of a deal for someone that is in the market for a new device or eligible for an upgrade (even if it is a refurb). Sale is over tomorrow. Hopefully, this will get RIM devices in more hands and CrackBerry.com will get some new members! (BTW, I do not work for RIM or AT&T) I was one of the 1,750 managers that Lowe's laid off yesterday. However, at least I still have my Bold 9700 to assist me in search of a new job!

Cheers!
    Last edited by 1425956; 01-26-11 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added "refurbished" to original post.
    01-26-11 09:43 AM
    AT&T ran the same deal for most of last month. It's how I got mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 10:17 AM
    Best Buy had the ATT Torch free w/ renewal/new contact about a month ago too.
    01-26-11 04:26 PM
    A new 2 year contract is worth a lot to AT&T
    01-26-11 04:40 PM
    so they can't even give em away now?
    01-26-11 04:41 PM
    Well, you get a refurbished phone with that deal. You still have to pay more for a brand new one.

01-26-11 04:47 PM
    With the OCD people, I bet they got a **** load of refurbed 9800 units!
    01-26-11 04:50 PM
    Well, you get a refurbished phone with that deal. You still have to pay more for a brand new one.

refurb is just a phone that was returned and then got a quick check.
    01-26-11 05:03 PM
    No it isn't. A refurbed BlackBerry is ALWAYS outfitted with a new housing, screen, and keyboard as well as checking that the system hardware is sound.

The operative word here is "refurbished". What you are describing is simply "used"
    01-26-11 07:05 PM
    This model is about 6 months old now. It isn't unusual for devices this old to be deeply discounted.

01-26-11 11:41 PM
    Just like Telus is TRYING to give Android phones away with a contract in Canada because Android powered devices are not moving very well here.
    01-27-11 01:46 AM
    Oops, I quoted the wrong post.

Just like Telus is TRYING to give Android phones away with a contract in Canada because Android powered devices are not moving very well here.
    01-27-11 01:47 AM
    Oops, I quoted the wrong post.

01-27-11 02:20 AM
    Sorry, I don't know how to do it because I'm not a seasoned poster
    01-27-11 02:32 AM
    This model is about 6 months old now. It isn't unusual for devices this old to be deeply discounted.

I think it also that AT&T ordered way more Torches than they thought they would sell. These orders are made months and months before they are delivered and AT&T thought the Torch would be an overwhelming seller!

This did not turn out to be true and many are unhappy they did not opt in on the 9780 which they failed to order any.

We now wait on the Dakota
    01-27-11 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD