Finally ....
    10-05-10 06:09 AM
    Wow that's a surprise. Good for them - that means they'll put it on devices and people will get it straight from the store soon.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Install instructions:

Uninstall any OLD BlackBerry OS versions from your computer if you have them.

Install .246 to your computer. This means you double click on the OS.exe file that you downloaded and let Windows install it.

Plug in your phone and use Desktop Manager 6.0 (DM) to make a backup of your device.

Close DM and go to:

C:\program files(86)\common files\research in motion\apploader\

From there delete vendor.xml, if it's there, then run loader.exe
    (Deleting vendor.xml is not necessary for AT&T users installing an AT&T OS)

Follow the instructions - make sure you look closely at the list of items that have or do not have check marks next to them so you install what you want and don't install what you don't want.

When the popup asks if it should make a backup of your device and restore your 3rd party apps, it should be selected to do it. Do not change it.

Wait about 15-20 minutes for the process to complete and your phone to reboot completely before disconnecting. You will probably get an EntryPoint error at the end - do not worry.

Enjoy and let us know how it went. Always remember it takes several battery pulls while you're getting your phone running again before the OS becomes stable. If it seems slow at first just give it some time to do it's thing and when it seems to have caught up, do another battery pull.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any trouble!
    Last edited by jeffreii; 10-05-10 at 06:52 AM.
    10-05-10 06:45 AM
    amen! so far i've received 3 blackberry update notification emails, all of which confused me cause i wasn't sure if they were from at&t or rogers - i have .246 from rogers, but i'm with at&t lol
    10-05-10 06:53 AM
    Won't the desktop manager automatically pickup the latest OS and do the install?
    10-05-10 07:02 AM
    Won't the desktop manager automatically pickup the latest OS and do the install?
    That depends on a few different factors.
    10-05-10 07:06 AM
    That depends on a few different factors.
    Can you be more specific. I'll want to update my wife's torch later today.
    10-05-10 07:08 AM
    It does not matter how you do the update - I always use apploader/loader.exe and so I wouldn't even let DM do it, personally.

When I installed Desktop Manager, I specifically did not allow updates - many people do this because it can prevent you from installing leaks using Desktop Manager. The only way to turn it back on is to reinstall Desktop Manager.

It doesn't really matter - if you plug in the phone and open Desktop Manager and it prompts you to upgrade, you are welcome to do it that way. If it doesn't, the apploader/loader.exe procedure is just fine and in my case preferable.
    10-05-10 07:11 AM
    What version should I use to update? Multi-language or All Languages?
    10-05-10 09:25 AM
    It doesn't really matter unless you need additional languages - go with multi-language probably, unless you need East Asian support.
    10-05-10 09:30 AM
    I know that this has been discussed before, but I am running .225 and have no problems. Some people felt that .225 was better than .246. Is that still the case or is the official .246 the way to go, for now?
    10-05-10 09:32 AM
    I was on 225 for 2 weeks and updated to AT&T 246 this morning. I'm hearing issues about WIFI probs with 246 yet cannot confirm. Do see odd signal variations as I sit in my office that I was not getting on 225. Will see if this translates to bad battery life. Time will tell.
    10-05-10 09:53 AM
    I know that this has been discussed before, but I am running .225 and have no problems. Some people felt that .225 was better than .246. Is that still the case or is the official .246 the way to go, for now?
    It is unlikely that there is any difference between leaked .246, Rogers .246, AT&T .246 etc.
    10-05-10 10:04 AM
    I'm running the leaked .246, no plans to change to the official unless something is mentioned about them being different. Definitely the best one so far. I don't see how they can improve really, unless they can get it to boot up in 1 min and get 1 week worth of battery, I think it's the best one I've seen and no need to change it
    10-05-10 10:16 AM
    I upgraded to .246 and now I am having WiFi problems. I cannot connect to BIS with WiFi. Wasn't having this problem on .225. However, I did downgrade, but the problem remained. Something with .246.
    10-05-10 10:22 AM
    I upgraded to .246 and now I am having WiFi problems. I cannot connect to BIS with WiFi. Wasn't having this problem on .225. However, I did downgrade, but the problem remained. Something with .246.
    Actually something that has been going on for some time, apparently all the way back to the 6.0 release. I haven't had it, but other have. See this thread for info and suggested ways to fix it.
    10-05-10 10:33 AM
    Same problem in official release as with leaked version of .246: using the AT&T conference calling service (866 number) the conference calling service does not recognize that a passcode is being entered by the physical or virtual keyboard. It does not make a difference if speaker is on or not.

Do not have a problem with dial-ins to corporate VM (877 number) and entering passcode.

Worked fine with .141
    10-05-10 10:55 AM
    I have leaked .246...is there any reason to download official ATT .246?
    10-05-10 10:59 AM
    What is the difference between OTA update and doing it through desktop manager?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 11:17 AM
    No this is not the same issue, I am aware of that issue. I can connect to BIS great with 3G, but after installing .246 I am unable to connect with WiFi. It worked great with .225.

10-05-10 11:33 AM
    I'm running the leaked .246, no plans to change to the official unless something is mentioned about them being different. Definitely the best one so far. I don't see how they can improve really, unless they can get it to boot up in 1 min and get 1 week worth of battery, I think it's the best one I've seen and no need to change it
    I concur, besides, my phone is unlocked....
    10-05-10 11:33 AM
    No this is not the same issue, I am aware of that issue. I can connect to BIS great with 3G, but after installing .246 I am unable to connect with WiFi. It worked great with .225.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, my mistake. I've been avoiding wifi until word about a fix to that other issue is confirmed by folks on the boards - since I don't browse much from the phone and have unlimited data, it's not that big a deal to me for the moment.

So sounds like you may have a new issue.

You're running the AT&T 'official' release? I don't recall seeing anyone report the same issue when using the 'leaked' versions of 246 - anyone?
    10-05-10 11:48 AM
    I have leaked .246...is there any reason to download official ATT .246?
    Like I said like 5 posts ago in this thread...

It is unlikely that there is any difference between leaked .246, Rogers .246, AT&T .246 etc.
    What is the difference between OTA update and doing it through desktop manager?
    Is it even available via OTA update? You'll want to use Desktop Manager or Apploader so it can backup and restore your data/apps.
    10-05-10 11:53 AM
    yes, its available as an OTA update, I'm updating now....
    10-05-10 12:25 PM
    Can I go to the att store and get this installed?

10-05-10 12:52 PM
    I've never heard of AT&T doing the update at a store for you but I guess you could try - why not do it on a computer?
    10-05-10 12:59 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD