For those who update, please report any BIS connect issues. Still running .141 without any BIS issues.
    10-05-10 01:01 PM
    thats amazing...at&t usually waits forever o release an update but i guess they saw the need for one this time...the update makes a day and night difference. Has anyone tried doing and ota update? I've never done one and was thinking of maybe trying it
    10-05-10 01:16 PM
    Seems a lot snappier. I was getting really annoyed previously at how laggy it seemed. Have been running this OS build all day so far am very impressed with how well it is performing.
    10-05-10 01:17 PM
    thats amazing...at&t usually waits forever o release an update but i guess they saw the need for one this time...
    Yeah that was really fast for AT&T, normally they are ridiculously slow
    10-05-10 01:58 PM
    same with liquidplatinum, i've upgraded through desktop manager and it seems to have made a big difference in the lagging between applications, unlocking the phone, etc.

it's still not as fast as my previous blackberry's i've owned, but it's a lot better.
    10-05-10 01:59 PM
    Thanks. I upgraded OTA with no issues whatsoever. It worked like a charm and took about 15 minutes or so.
    Last edited by cgbb; 10-05-10 at 03:04 PM.
    10-05-10 02:58 PM
    I upgraded last night via DM on my Mac and while it hung up at the final reboot screen, when I did a battery pull it rebooted and the update was complete.

During the day I noticed that my BIS wouldn't connect via WiFi but just now it kicked over and is fine. I have also noticed the fluctuations of my mobile signal all over the place. Let's hope that clears up eventually too. Maybe a few more battery pulls will solve it.
    10-05-10 03:18 PM
    I've never updated my OS but want to now -- can someone tell me (or link me to) the OTA method? Thanks!
    10-05-10 03:37 PM
    I've never updated my OS but want to now -- can someone tell me (or link me to) the OTA method? Thanks!
    Anna,

Go into Options>Device>Software Updates

The phone will begin to check for updates. Then just follow the steps. As I said the entire process took about 15 minutes or so-maybe longer. Hope this helps.
    10-05-10 03:44 PM
    Anna,

Go into Options>Device>Software Updates

The phone will begin to check for updates. Then just follow the steps. As I said the entire process took about 15 minutes or so-maybe longer. Hope this helps.
    Huh, weird. Says my "Blackberry is up to date"
    10-05-10 03:47 PM
    Can someone help me out with installing since I am on BES. Are there certain steps that I need to take? I have never upgraded my OS so I'm a newbie at this!!

By the way, I have contacted my IT department and they have given me a "green light" to install the upgrade via the DM. I just did not get any instructions from them on how to do it. HELP CB WORLD.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by sooner4life; 10-05-10 at 04:02 PM.
    10-05-10 03:51 PM
    Huh, weird. Says my "Blackberry is up to date"
    When you are in the Device section select "About Device Versions" to see which OS you have installed. The latest as posted is .246
    10-05-10 04:06 PM
    When you are in the Device section select "About Device Versions" to see which OS you have installed. The latest as posted is .246
    No, it still says I have v6.0.0.141
    10-05-10 04:10 PM
    That's strange. You will have to download it manually to you computer then. I have to run now, but search the thread/threads on how to go about it that way.
    10-05-10 04:27 PM
    Anna see post #2 of this thread for manual instructions.
    10-05-10 04:52 PM
    zero issues. Its working great.
    10-05-10 05:07 PM
    On my Bold 9000 (At&T), I always did OTA upgrades with no issues. I never did a leaked OS before. However, with the Torch, I did my very first leaked upgrade to .225, and for the most part, was really impressed with the performance. Much snappier, better touch sensitivity and mucho improved battery life. I only have BIS issues when it reboots after an app install (or with a battery pull). But turning off Mobile Network, then doing a battery pull, then turning back on Mobile Network, (with APN off) seems to resolve it immediately.

My questions:

1. Is there anything in official .246 that would be an improvement over leaked .225? I've heard mixed reports, especially about battery life, from those who have used both.

2. If I have a leaked OS (.225) currently on my Torch, could I still do the official .246 OTA and have it work out with no installation problems? (Assuming, the performance of .246 warrants it).
    10-05-10 05:35 PM
    Finally able to update now! Woohoo!
    I did the upgrade OTA and it worked without a hitch! The bit of use I've had since it was installed has been wonderful. Much more peppy and responsive. I'm glad AT&T didn't wait so long for an update (as long as they usually wait, that is). I'm on a mac and was having trouble with how to do a leaked upgrade...now I don't have to worry! YEA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 05:49 PM
    Downloading now. I've been on .225 for almost a month. I'll post any changes
    10-05-10 06:25 PM
    dumb question, but does downloading the official version from AT&T any different from the non-official version?
    10-05-10 06:49 PM
    Wow. Ya'll should cruise the beta OS forums more often as that is where those that run leaks report findings good or bad. Usually informative once you get past the "downloading now" people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 07:22 PM
    dumb question, but does downloading the official version from AT&T any different from the non-official version?
    Lol you are the 3rd person to ask this question in this 3 page thread!

.246 leak, .246 Rogers, telus bell, .246 AT&T - they're all the same as far as anyone knows - as is the case almost all the time.
    10-05-10 07:43 PM
    Just upgraded from .225. No probs with the upgrade, no probs with operation ... all seems a-ok. Wi-fi connecting fine ... switched on, connected ok; switched off, still connected ok. No hugely noticeable differences from .225 that I've seen yet, but definitely no issues.
    10-05-10 07:57 PM
    Yeaaaaa I am finally upgraded!
    10-05-10 08:17 PM
    I was on .225 for almost a month and I can say .246 seems more efficient than .225. Less lag....Good news.. No wifi BIS issue. Early results. Browser seems a bit snappier too. I'm enjoying the update. Will give 24hr review tomorrow.
    10-05-10 08:24 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD