I am getting an AT&T torch 9800 and will be unlocking it to Bell Mobility. I am curious about installing the Bell OS and have a couple of questions.

1. Does it serve any benefit to do this other than perhaps being able to install certain apps that at&t would not have allowed,
    2. Will it effect the unlock of the phone/would the unlock still work.
    3. Any other problems or concerns with doing this?

Thanks in advance, I know the questions are short but the answers may not be.

Crawl
    Last edited by Crawl08; 02-12-11 at 08:31 AM.
    02-12-11 08:28 AM
    a friend of mine did the same thing with an unlocked 9000 from at &t and he had no issues at all once the phone is unlocked it does not have any carrier restrictions other then network ie: hspa cdm etc...in other word if the phones band is compatible you wont have any issues
    02-12-11 09:23 AM
    Once a phone is unlocked, its unlocked for good regardless if you change the OS or not. I have a AT&T unlocked torch running on Telus right now with the .448 leak. There are no carrier restrictions as to what apps you can run. Depending on who your carrier is, they will push their service books to your phone and their own content. Recently Telus pushed a "yellow pages" app to my phone which I really don't want, but if I delete it, they will just push it again. Good luck and have fun with your Torch! Just ask if you need any more help, this place is full of helpful people and 2 unhelpful ones :-)
    02-12-11 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD