I am using an unlocked Torch on TMobile and my address book keeps trying to sync to AT&T. How do I get rid of this?
    08-15-10 05:37 PM
    I made the mistake of enrolling in ATT Address Book. You probably did too? All of my old contacts were stored in the phone memory, but one of them disappeared as soon as I synced with Address Book. The same one was the only one that appeared when I finally logged in to Address Book. Every time I readded that person to my contact list it would vanish in a heartbeat only to be found on Address Book.

There is no way to remove Address Book from your Torch that I could find. Finally I logged into the online site and changed the "Settings" mode. There is a pulldown that says something like "In case of conflict do this" and it defaults to "Keep online". I changed that to "Keep on device" and magically my missing contact reappeared on my Torch. I also had to turn Auto Sync OFF. To **** with Address Book! Don't trust it. Don't enable it until they work out the bugs.

Once again, it only affected one person, but that was the only one that Auto Sync put in the Address Book at all. It didn't get any of the other 450 contacts to sync at all, TG.

Don't use AT&T Address Book!
    08-15-10 07:03 PM
    I am using an unlocked Torch on TMobile and my address book keeps trying to sync to AT&T. How do I get rid of this?
    On your phone, turn off Auto Sync.

1. Open your Contacts folder
    2. Click on Menu
    3. Scroll down to "Select Contact List" Choose *Default* Save (See edit below)
    4. Click on Menu
    5. Scroll down to Options
    6. Select AT&T Address Book and uncheck "wireless synchronization"

***Edit***
    On step 3 above I now choose "Show All Contact Lists" or anything you put into your new Torch will vanish into "Address Book's" vacuum.
    Last edited by AJ_Franklin; 08-15-10 at 07:38 PM.
    08-15-10 07:29 PM
    I don't have that on. I keep getting messages that it can't connect to AT&T which makes sense because I am on TMobile. I'll try to find the wireless sync though and turn it off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 07:33 PM
    I made the mistake of enrolling in ATT Address Book. You probably did too? All of my old contacts were stored in the phone memory, but one of them disappeared as soon as I synced with Address Book. The same one was the only one that appeared when I finally logged in to Address Book. Every time I readded that person to my contact list it would vanish in a heartbeat only to be found on Address Book.

There is no way to remove Address Book from your Torch that I could find. Finally I logged into the online site and changed the "Settings" mode. There is a pulldown that says something like "In case of conflict do this" and it defaults to "Keep online". I changed that to "Keep on device" and magically my missing contact reappeared on my Torch. I also had to turn Auto Sync OFF. To **** with Address Book! Don't trust it. Don't enable it until they work out the bugs.

Once again, it only affected one person, but that was the only one that Auto Sync put in the Address Book at all. It didn't get any of the other 450 contacts to sync at all, TG.

Don't use AT&T Address Book!
    What website are you talking about to turn that off?
    08-26-10 07:21 PM
    I hate this stupid feature. Every contact I have now is doubled and even if you click default it only keeps it on the default for that screen, and when you go to make a call all of the flippin contacts are doubled. Leave it to AT&T to screw it all up. When you call not a single soul knows anything about this stupid feature. I'm starting to wonder if I should just wipe the phone and start over if it'll give me the option again and I can choose no. I hate to start over and not have it work and waste all that time getting my settings just the way I like. Hate this darn thing.
    11-18-10 02:26 PM
    Easy solution! Use BBSAK to delete the nabsync COD files - no more att addr book!!! You can then delete the same files from the java directory and next time you reload the OS, the app will not get re-installed. This must be done for every OS install on your PC as loads come out.
    storm_fan2009 likes this.
    11-18-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD