I got a torch on October 12 had to return 3 for various problems(buttons not working, slider very loose) Since I returned those with problems can I still do my 30 day exchange for a red or white one?
    11-01-10 08:40 PM
    No, 30 days from the first date of purchase.
    11-01-10 08:52 PM
    right. October 12 was my first date of purchase
    11-01-10 08:53 PM
    I could be mistaken but a NY AT&T store told me that they will exchange up to 3 phones after that they will send it out to RIM for the warranty even if you are still within the 30 day period.
    11-01-10 08:57 PM
    I was curious because the first 2 had buttons that didn't work so I assume they were considered DOA and the 3rd one the slider was so loose it felt like a storm when you pressed the screen so also DOA i would imagine. The one I have now is fine, but just would have waited had I known the new colors were coming out on the 7th.
    11-01-10 09:03 PM
    Try out the phone for 5 or 10 minutes before you walk out. Then you wont have to return it. If you call At&t & explain that you would like a different color they might make an exception for you. Or, Return the phone, buy a pay as you go. Return the pay as you go phone after the color you want is available & buy the torch in said color you want. They'll refund the price of the pay as you go phone & you'll get the color you want.
    11-02-10 12:38 AM
    took it back in yesterday to just ask about the return and I did have to pay the $35 return fee, but I got the red torch already! Loaded up .337 and it's running like a dream.
    11-05-10 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD