[B] How do you sync songs from Windows Media Player to Blackberry Torch?
    01-03-11 08:27 AM
    I've never used any "sync" methods as there is nearly always problems with that action. Simply drag and drop your media onto your SD card or internal storage, when you have your BB plugged into your pc.
    01-03-11 08:46 AM
    I have just upgraded to Torch from a BB Pearl. I had a 16gb SD card in the old Pearl and was doing just fine. I used to listen to the media files without any problems (and if I put the card back in the Pearl it will happily chunter away reading from the SD card for hours on end). However if I use the same card in the Torch the media file will stop and shut down the media player. I have reported this to my provider (orange) who have replaced the the original handset with a new one. the problem still persists. Is there anyone out there who can help because Orange has been no help at all.

By the way both the "shuffle" and "repeat" icons are greyed out - any ideas would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance of your help.
    02-01-11 10:52 AM
    I would try reformatting the card in the torch.

Plug in your BB to your pc, drag all the files off the media card onto your pc, unplug your BB, reformat the card, plug in your BB, drag all the files back to your card.

There have been a few posts about media card issues coming from older BB's, usually reformatting the card fixed it.
    02-01-11 11:06 AM
    Thanks for your prompt reply Homer. I did what you suggested with the last (new) handset. Will do so again and see if it helps. Will keep you posted.

Any ideas about the greyed out shuffle and repeat icons?

Thanks again
    02-01-11 11:39 AM
    I now know what my problem is but I have no solution!!!!!!

I have set my phone to lock itself initially after one hour. However if I physically locked it using the icon on the screen the media player stops. I then set the locking to two minutes and lo and behold the media player stopped as soon as the auto-locking was triggered. I like to lock my phone as soon as I can mainly for security and I do not want to stop that practice.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance of your considered thoughts.
    02-02-11 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD