So after using my Torch for a week or so, I'm starting to really miss my Bold 9700.

Is it possible for me to simply put my ATT sim card from my Torch in my Bold 9700 and use the Bold seamlessly? My Bold is unlocked, but I'm worried about email settings/BBM working properly if I switch my sim card out of the Torch.

When I booted up my Bold with my Torch sim card 5 minutes ago I got a txt message saying erroneous number or something to that degree, and BBM attempted to setup a new profile.

Do I need to use the device switch wizard?
    08-28-10 12:27 PM
    There may be an issue, IDK, but I would think that the SIM stores and IMEI number tagged to your Torch. Give the Torch a chance. My 9700 is going to my MIL. She has a 8310.
    08-28-10 12:39 PM
    I used to switch between two BBs (I had two BIS accounts set up), but I think it might be more of a hassle now, because if I put my SIM in a different BB now and log in to BIS, it wants to re-validate all the email addresses and switch devices automatically. You could call your provider and ask for their help. AT&T was very helpful when I called and explained my reasons (hence the two BIS accounts). But like jcp007 said - give the Torch a chance! My 9700 went to my daughter. :-)
    08-28-10 12:45 PM
    When you move a SIM card that has BIS accounts linked to it to another phone, it will ask you if you want to 'move' them to the new phone and ask for the password to the account. Also if you use the BBM backup system, you can either link it to an account which will automatically move it to the new phone, or you can make a backup manually and restore it onto the new phone.
    08-28-10 02:04 PM
    When I purchased my 9800, I was using a 9000 and they did not switch sim cards at the store. I am not sure what they did there, but my 9000 was still fully functional on the way home and was still receiving emails. I brought the 9800 home and used the desktop software to "switch devices", then swapped out the sim cards. At this point email was not working so I had to put the passwords in the 9800 for both accounts. So from my experience it should be pretty easy to swap back and forth. Neither of my phones is unlocked though.
    08-28-10 02:13 PM
    I went back to my Bold as well. I just popped in my sim card and re-validated my e-mail accounts and was good to go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 02:14 PM
    As crazy as it may sound I still have a 9700 and am considering switching to it during the week at work and going to the Torch on weekends. If it is as easy as just swapping the SIM card and re-validating e-mail each time it will be a snap. In fact I do not even really need email on weekends. I love both phones for different reasons but I find the 9700 is a tad easier and faster for me to use when email and messaging. True, sliding open the Torch takes all of half a second but I always close it after I am done typing to go back into my pocket. Perhaps because I am just used to the classic form factor. The touch keyboards just don't do it for me and have all but given up getting used to them. I do not think they are bad just not my thing. I do prefer the Torch screen size and browser over the 9700. I hope when and if OS6 finally comes to the 9700 then I will have a very fluid similar experience on both devices. I am sure I will ultimately tire of switching back and forth and end up just selling the 9700.
    Last edited by ejmdds; 09-27-10 at 01:40 PM.
    09-27-10 01:38 PM
    There may be an issue, IDK, but I would think that the SIM stores and IMEI number tagged to your Torch. Give the Torch a chance. My 9700 is going to my MIL. She has a 8310.
    i honestly read your post as MILF. ( M+I+L+F)
    which is cool too..but i don't think that's who you were referring.
    anyway, going back to the thread
    logging to att.blackberry.net will change the BIS from his Torch to the 9700 in seconds.
    09-27-10 03:49 PM
    As crazy as it may sound I still have a 9700 and am considering switching to it during the week at work and going to the Torch on weekends. If it is as easy as just swapping the SIM card and re-validating e-mail each time it will be a snap. In fact I do not even really need email on weekends. I love both phones for different reasons but I find the 9700 is a tad easier and faster for me to use when email and messaging. True, sliding open the Torch takes all of half a second but I always close it after I am done typing to go back into my pocket. Perhaps because I am just used to the classic form factor. The touch keyboards just don't do it for me and have all but given up getting used to them. I do not think they are bad just not my thing. I do prefer the Torch screen size and browser over the 9700. I hope when and if OS6 finally comes to the 9700 then I will have a very fluid similar experience on both devices. I am sure I will ultimately tire of switching back and forth and end up just selling the 9700.
    thats not crazy, i do it too :P only i switch mine weekly.. one in a while i will go back to my 9000.

switching isnt much of a hassle for me because i dont use BBM too much, and all ya gotta do is move the email accounts, as said above.
    09-27-10 04:08 PM
    Used the device transfer wizard on the Desktop Manager. It makes the transfer sooo muuucchh easier!!

Everett
    09-28-10 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD