My current phone is Samsung Galaxy S I900 but I can't stand the battery drains very fast for me.

Would it be a good idea to switch to 9810? I choose bb because push mail is so much better in blackberry imo, bbm and other messengers run very solid, 9810 has reasonable screen size compared to the 4" samsung galaxy s. And I hope the smaller battery in 9810 would give better useable time than 1500 battery in my galaxy.
    azrin640 likes this.
    02-13-12 09:44 PM
    I would for sure you should! I had a Samsung Vibrant about a month ago & had been using it for over a yeari always carried an extra battery with me & on days I knew I would be using it a lot, I took a charger with me too. I hated it because of the battery drain. What's the point of having a play toy if it doesn't last to play with it?

I had a Bold 9700 before I went to a Vibrant & wanted to go back to BlackBerry so badly, and for the reasons you gave.

I love the size of the screen, the keyboard is very easy to use, and the battery life is grand!!! I would call myself a medium to slightly heavy user & on those days I would have to take the extra battery & charger, I don't with the Torch. I take the phone off the charger at 7am (after being on all night while I sleep) and it won't go back on until 12am, and the battery is normally at 20%.

I mostly text/BBM/email, and not talk on the phone but I do a little. If you have any questions about the Torch, please let me know & I'll gladly answer them!
    02-13-12 10:14 PM
    A very good idea
    02-14-12 03:40 AM
    I've gone from an SII to a 9810.

I've found the battery life to be marginally better and obviously, email, bbm, keyboard are massive pro's.

Con's being the web browsing experience and app amount, although thats not to say that BB browser isn't capable, it'll do the job more than well.

I don't regret it & don't expect you to either!
    02-14-12 04:57 AM
    If you use a lot of apps then you will miss them as blackberry has far less of them. But overall, another experience, keyboard and live push email.
    02-14-12 09:08 AM
    Depends on how you use your phone, which model Galaxy you're switching from and how large you "need" your screen to be. I have a 9810 and I really like it. But I'm more "business" use and communication oriented. Android is better at the "fun stuff". What it comes down to is what you want out of a phone. Whatever you end up using, I hope you really enjoy it.
    02-14-12 10:20 AM
    I switched from the Captivate (I897) to the 9810 about a month ago and I am not looking back. The only thing I really miss is the Swype keyboard and that is almost made up for by the physical keyboard's additional functions. Once switched to the 9810 take a hard look at the Playbook, it makes a great "accessory" with the bridge. I am also on the $15 data plan with 200mb and no tethering so using the bridge as an data access point for the Playbook when traveling is AWESOME!
    02-14-12 10:58 AM
    Would you guys that just switched say its smart to do it now or wait for BB10?
    02-14-12 04:48 PM
    I'm on the galaxy note right now which I love by the way but I'm thinking about the 9810. I miss the keyboard. But android is such a good os too. Decisions decisions. Hehe. Btw I traded my sgs2 for this note. Fantastic upgrade though. Now is the 9810 a downgrade? Some food for thought.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note.
    yanicmb likes this.
    02-14-12 06:02 PM
    is 9810 is better than 9800 in term of usage time or battery life? I have a friend that has 9800, he charges his 9800 once to twice a day. and my friends that have onyx 2 and curve 3g, doesn't even have to bring their phone charger around.
    02-14-12 08:27 PM
    I also switched from the Samsung Galaxy captive to my first BB the 9800
    and love it so much that When the Samsung Galaxy II came out I stuck with bb and upgraded to the 9810. Only downfall is lack of apps, but the battery life, KEYBOARD and ease of the Blackberry OS more than makes up for it.
    02-14-12 09:18 PM
    is 9810 is better than 9800 in term of usage time or battery life? I have a friend that has 9800, he charges his 9800 once to twice a day. and my friends that have onyx 2 and curve 3g, doesn't even have to bring their phone charger around.
    They are about the same I had both device and they always last me all day.
    now the curve you can't compare it that phone has the best battery life. My mother has it
    and she can go on 2 days without a charge.
    02-14-12 09:21 PM
    Yes I think its a good idea to switch. I too switch from a i9000 but in my case I chose the 9860. And found myself happy like when I first got my first BlackBerry back in 2009.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-15-12 04:02 AM
    I switch from infuse 4g to bb 9810 and it was the best thing I ever did the keyboard is the best since I type a lot, and like other has said the app world has less apps than android but its ok so far hope you enjoy 9810
    02-15-12 08:18 AM
    Finally after lurking around this forum, I purchased my 9810 today.

Anyone knows any battery extension that works with this bb? Having a spare battery is a great benefit for us non iphone user.

So far, comparing to samsung galaxy s. Touch screen is definitely superior in galaxy. Apps is also better in galaxy. Screen resolution can't beat superamoled. But since i am surrounded with people that use BBM, after i set up my BB account, I can forget the fun that my galaxy gave me and really enjoy 9810. And I don't worry about battery too much as I did with my galaaxy. So ... it's great I won't miss my android. I will use 9810 as what a handphone were intended to be, for communication. and for apps, games and web surfing I will do it on my ipad.
    02-16-12 04:27 AM

Anyone knows any battery extension that works with this bb? Having a spare battery is a great benefit for us non iphone user.

So far, comparing to samsung galaxy s. Touch screen is definitely superior in galaxy. Apps is also better in galaxy. Screen resolution can't beat superamoled. But since i am surrounded with people that use BBM, after i set up my BB account, I can forget the fun that my galaxy gave me and really enjoy 9810. And I don't worry about battery too much as I did with my galaaxy. So ... it's great I won't miss my android. I will use 9810 as what a handphone were intended to be, for communication. and for apps, games and web surfing I will do it on my ipad.
    What's wrong with the OS7 browser? I've used an iphone 4, iPad, and galaxy infuse 4G and my 9810's browser is on par with them. I know its a smaller screen but its smooth, fast, and does everything but flash content.
    02-16-12 05:05 PM
    is there any instruction guide how to download the OS and how to install it. just found out that my os is still 7.0
    02-16-12 09:28 PM

The Galaxy S and the 9810 go almost hand in hand in terms of specs, it rolls down to software content, as you can see. I would have chosen the 9810 too had i faced the decision under these conditions. If you didnt sell the galaxy, you can still use it as a small wifi tablet (put it in airplane mode to turn off the cellular radio and enable wifi), in case you require certain apps/functionality from it.

What's wrong with the OS7 browser? I've used an iphone 4, iPad, and galaxy infuse 4G and my 9810's browser is on par with them. I know its a smaller screen but its smooth, fast, and does everything but flash content.
    I dont think he was in any way saying the browser is bad. Given the choice at hand, i would take an ipad for web surfing, or a playbook for that matter due to the screen size, as you mentioned. Once you use the playbook/tablet for most of the web browsing, its kinda annoying using a smaller screen to do "most" web surfing. Its cool for quick info lookup though.

is there any instruction guide how to download the OS and how to install it. just found out that my os is still 7.0
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...eta-os-122851/
    02-16-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD