10-12-10 09:54 PM
48 12
tools
    I am a big iPhone fan, but the iPhone4 proximity sensor issue made the phone useless for me, even after the 4.1 update. It was a nice phone otherwise. Hope you don't have the same issue. Good luck!!
    10-11-10 10:15 PM
    Thank you for that photo - warms my heart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 11:23 PM
    The only down side to this is you can't swap out your aim. Att will kill the sin in your Torch. I hate that when you switch from iphone to BB you have to switch the data plan. Its just the name really. But sure enough BB plan won't work on iphone. I wish I hadn't sold my extra IP4. I would trade you for your torch. I Hope you enjoy your IP4.
    Everybody around me has droid and iphone. I got my BB cause I got into a lot of txting cause I can't really talk at work. Its hard for me to type w/ a number pad and that t90 was even worse. I tried typing on my wife's 2g and my fingers where just to big. I saw the 8310 and figured I would give it a Try and loved it. I still love it. I use it Every once in awhile. I used my 8520 today while I updated my torch. because the Batt was dead on the 9700 and I didn't feel like going and getting my 8310.
    I think your in a win situation. If you don't like it you still have the BB. most probably have to buy a sum to switch back.

10-12-10 12:26 AM
    Don't listen to all the haters on here. Some of them will defend the Torch to the death. But I think you'll be overall happy with your decision.

Things that I miss about BlackBerry: messaging. Hands down, BlackBerrys handle messaging a LOT better than the iPhone. I don't know what it is, but iPhone IMing isn't that great. I miss a lot of push notifications which require me to load the app again to see my messages. BlackBerry wins instant messaging.

E-mails are loaded a lot more nicely on the iPhone though. Images aren't distorted or off center like they would be on my Bold 9000 running OS 5. I can't speak for OS 6 emails, though I'm sure they have improved on it. I'd say e-mails on the iPhone 4 are just as good, with more screen area to view them on. I'd say they tie on that.

BBM. Blackberry wins. You just feel more connected with your messenger contact when chatting, pretty much as if you were chatting with them on a PC or laptop. iPhone does not have a messaging client that does half of what BBM did.

Everything else goes to the iPhone. Screen resolution, functionality, and web browsing are exceptional on the iPhone. Apps are even more intuitive and user friendly. For example Yelp on the iPhone vs Yelp on the BlackBerry has a huge difference. Video calls are great too! I love how I can see my gf wherever I have 3G signal or WiFi.

Sorry I got carried away. Enjoy the iPhone!
    10-12-10 01:45 AM
    I owned a first gen iphone. problem i had with email is whenever it checked for email it loaded all emails again as new mail whether i read them or deleted them from the phone they still showed up as new mail if they were left on the server. other then that itunes blows monkey chunks(yes i know most people have ipods and are used to using it, personally just think it sucks), and the non ability to "customize" the phone. Other then that the iphone is a great phone and if not for those faults i would prolly still own an iphone and would have upgraded to an ip4 by now. As ive stated on these forums several times, its a matter of personal opinion, get what u like, and of people are bashing u for your choice then there just jealous and wish they got what u have.
    10-12-10 07:17 AM
    different phones suit different peoples needs. Hope you are happy with your iphone. Personally, I switched from a 3gs to a 9700 and now 9800 and couldn't be happier. I am very reliant on my emails however, and for that reason choose to keep a blackberry. I think id have a torch regardless of my situation though.
    10-12-10 10:00 AM
    I'm still trying to understand how the web experience is so much better on the iPhone versus the Torch. I have an iPod Touch running the latest OS and really can't see much of a difference. Now if one is comparing an older versions of a BB OS (OS5.x or OS4.x) then I can certainly understand.

10-12-10 11:11 AM
    I like my torch, but I gotta agree with the OP, the build quality has left much to be desired.
    10-12-10 12:33 PM
    I like my torch, but I gotta agree with the OP, the build quality has left much to be desired.
    I guess it depends on where it was built at. The build quality on mine is excellent.

10-12-10 12:45 PM
    have fun deleting all the unread messages one by one

and push email is every 15mins on the iphone.. unless they changed this..
    10-12-10 12:48 PM
    I guess it depends on where it was built at. The build quality on mine is excellent.

I've had 2, both Mexico 5
    10-12-10 12:49 PM
    have fun deleting all the unread messages one by one

and push email is every 15mins on the iphone.. unless they changed this..

You can get push email instantly using exchange.....
    10-12-10 01:06 PM
    Don't listen to all the haters on here. Some of them will defend the Torch to the death. But I think you'll be overall happy with your decision.
    I really don't think we can be qualified as "haters" since this IS THE BLACKBERRY 9800 FORUM!!! I'm all about everyone picking whatever phone best suits their individual needs. Just DO NOT come on the forum for BB and bash it! I don't really care why someone switched, but I do hope that they are happy with their new device and that they leave this forum alone and go play on the one for their new device. That is all.
    10-12-10 01:23 PM
    You can get push email instantly using exchange.....
    Or Gmail.

And you can delete to your heart's content now. Mail delivery is basically instantaneous, same as you expect on a BB. So many myths based on old information.

On the other hand, I find I can be much more productive on a physical keyboard, and love the flexibility the Torch provides - Keyboard, Touchscreen, Trackpad.

I'm using my Torch exclusively now, but I think my iP4 is a fine device. I never had the signal issues other reported, and I don't think you can go wrong with either device; it just depends on your personal taste, preference, and needs.
    10-12-10 01:30 PM
    Exchange is not something new...

It's not old information. WM5 had exchange support...
    10-12-10 02:00 PM
    I've had 2, both Mexico 5
    Mexico churns out garbage
    10-12-10 02:02 PM
    Mexico churns out garbage
    Then I must have gotten lucky. My build is solid.

10-12-10 02:18 PM
    I really don't think we can be qualified as "haters" since this IS THE BLACKBERRY 9800 FORUM!!! I'm all about everyone picking whatever phone best suits their individual needs. Just DO NOT come on the forum for BB and bash it! I don't really care why someone switched, but I do hope that they are happy with their new device and that they leave this forum alone and go play on the one for their new device. That is all.
    I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the ones who just hate Apple with a passion, period. And BlackBerry forum or not, I think it's good to be subjective and realize that your phone, no matter what it is, has weaknesses!

Oh yeah, typing on a BlackBerry Bold >>>>>> typing on an iP4.
    10-12-10 04:26 PM
    Many people have their panties in a bunch when someone leaves BB to iPhone? LOL. Come on guys, who cares. OP, get the IPhone, jailbreak it cause it is pretty sweet jailbroken. Yes it voids warranty but a quick restore in iTunes totally brings back warranty have fun.
    10-12-10 04:29 PM
    I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the ones who just hate Apple with a passion, period. And BlackBerry forum or not, I think it's good to be subjective and realize that your phone, no matter what it is, has weaknesses!

Oh yeah, typing on a BlackBerry Bold >>>>>> typing on an iP4.
    Well I hate apple, iphones and macs. I just hate the company. They have made stuff so frigging hard. What part of 09 did the iphone get mms? We where attaching pic and audio to txts on razrs for christ sake. The BB 8310 sent mms. And yall say the torch is behind it tec.
    This being said I wouldn't tell somebody what they should/shouldnt get. Only points I argue is unfounded points cause I know somebody shopping for a device is most likely to read them and make a discussion on it. Like saying the browser on the ip4 is better. How? There is nothing uou can do on the ip4 browser you can't on the Torch. Matter of fact you can dl a file w/ the torch bluetooth it to another device/pc and run it. I admit I haven't played w/ the bluetooth on the ip4 but the iphone bluetooth use to really such. I encourge people to biy what they want and not what the flock has.

Last edited by 13echo4; 10-12-10 at 06:20 PM.
    10-12-10 06:13 PM
    Well I hate apple, iphones and macs. I just hate the company. They have made stuff so frigging hard. What part of 09 did the iphone get mms? We where attaching pic and audio to txts on razrs for christ sake. The BB 8310 sent mms. And yall say the torch is behind it tec.
    This being said I wouldn't tell somebody what they should/shouldnt get. Only points I argue is unfounded points cause I know somebody shopping for a device is most likely to read them and make a discussion on it. Like saying the browser on the ip4 is better. How? There is nothing uou can do on the ip4 browser you can't on the Torch. Matter of fact you can dl a file w/ the torch bluetooth it to another device/pc and run it. I admit I haven't played w/ the bluetooth on the ip4 but the iphone bluetooth use to really such. I encourge people to biy what they want and not what the flock has.

^^^^Dude take a chill pill.....the iphone is cool......
    10-12-10 07:50 PM
    ^^^^Dude take a chill pill.....the iphone is cool......
    I don't think so. But that's my opinion. You might have noticed I wish the OP well with their new phone. Doesn't mean I have to like the device or I have to bash it either. To be honest I hope a few more make the switch so I might end up w/ some extra Torchs.

10-12-10 07:59 PM
    Well, i'm finally giving up on the Torch. After my 2nd one, I decided to switch to the iphone 4.
    You'll enjoy the iPhone - it's a great phone. If it wasn't for aspects of BB I've grown very attached to (BBM, true push email) I would also have made the jump.

10-12-10 09:54 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD