10-12-10 09:54 PM
48 12
tools
    Well, i'm finally giving up on the Torch. After my 2nd one, I decided to switch to the iphone 4. why?:

- the hardware outside on the torch is just terrible, feels cheap, wobbly, screen pushes in when i touch type (feels like storm 1). People say it wobbles cause its a slider? I had a black samsung phone slider 6 years ago that was solid and did not have any give at all. Iphone 4 design is solid, no moving parts, looks good and is thin.

- I noticed i prefer touch now, and I prefer the touch screen on the iphone.
    - Camera on the iphone, even though they are both 5 mp , just seems clearer and crisper. ip4 = hd video

- don't even get me going on the screen quality. ip4 > torch.

- obviously the apps are better on the iphone 4, iphone 4 has better productivity apps then the bb.

- push email is more or less delayed by a few seconds, max a minute, so i dont care.

-Ui is way better on the iphone 4, with the screen and the apps combined. Also I just find the ip4 os alot easier navigate with.

- Only reason why I had a bbm was cause of my bbm list, but I dont care for it anymore as i'm over the "reading" of messages. If i need a bbm fix on the iphone ill just get kik and market it to my friends.

bye bye
    10-11-10 02:17 PM
    Looks like you should have gotten the i4 from the beginning. Bye Bye

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 02:20 PM
    Good luck converting all your BBM friends to kik...
    10-11-10 02:27 PM
    Good luck converting all your BBM friends to kik...
    They'll be ok as its obvious that he/she has so much personal experience with the i4.

10-11-10 02:54 PM
    Great second post!

Bye Bye! Barely knew you, don't care.
    10-11-10 02:59 PM
    What the heck is kik...?

10-11-10 03:02 PM
    How very exciting. Next time post in the right thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...t-here-260887/

hopefully there won't be a next time
    10-11-10 03:04 PM
    What the heck is kik...?

one of the many chat clients that claims to be a universal replacement for BBM, when all it is is a chat client and you have to convert all your friends over to this new, unfounded chat client in order for it to be useful...
    10-11-10 03:05 PM
    Too bad my sig doesn't show up from mobile browser postings...

10-11-10 03:11 PM
    Wrong thread. Who cares if you switch?

Don't let the door catch you in the ***
    10-11-10 03:27 PM
    :O... o wait I just realized I really don't care. I hope we see a thread next month from him saying he made a mistake. Those always make me laugh.
    10-11-10 03:33 PM
    :O... o wait I just realized I really don't care. I hope we see a thread next month from him saying he made a mistake. Those always make me laugh.
    Why? Because according to you anything non blackberry is a mistake? I went Android months ago after yrs and yrs of being with Blackberry and i still don't see where my mistake is, and i'm in no way bashing on rim. I just believe people are allowed to try and enjoy something else. Good luck op with your iphone.

10-11-10 03:43 PM
    Look forward to the great reception...when you set it on the table and use speaker phone!
    10-11-10 03:45 PM
    Why all the bashing. He tried the TORCH, so why not post his experience on the TORCH forum.

Hey, the OP tried it and didn't like it. Fair enough. The reasons he gives for switching either aren't issues for everybody else or just don't outweigh the value we get from the Torch's other features. Why the h$ll can't people just accept that all phones ain't for everybody.

To wit:

- I don't find the hardware cheap or wobbly; all keys and buttons on my phone feel solid and work as they should. And I don't care about the looks of the phone, I care about how it works. However, I can certainly appreciate the benefits and more solid feel of the no-moving-parts approach.

- Physical vs. virtual keyboard is very subjective. I don't prefer the touch screen, I prefer the physical keyboard. But it's nice to have the option, as sometimes the touch screen is more convenient.

- I don't care much about the quality of the camera on my phone. The pics I have taken are good enough. If I were out to create award-winning photographic art, I sure as $@%t wouldn't be doing it with my phone.

- Screen quality is good enough for me and what I do with my phone. But again, I can certainly understand how it might not be good enough for everyone.

- No argument about apps; however, I can only think of about two that I'd like but haven't been able to find, and I can't even say for sure if there's anything like them for the iPhone.

- I've worked with email setup on iPhones and BB's, and I find BB's to be much more straightforward. As for push email, I have no opinion. I don't get any email that's of extreme urgency. If anybody needs me right away, they can text me or - heaven forbid - actually call me.

- UI preference is purely subjective. Whether it's because I'm on my 3rd BB device, I don't know, but I much prefer the Torch's UI to iPhone's.

- BBM is a non-issue - I've never used it and have no intentions of using it.

But you're not me. So, sorry the Torch didn't work out for you. Good luck with the iP4.
    10-11-10 03:50 PM
    Having both, I'm not really a fan of the 'stevie's way or the highway'. To each their own..right?!

Each device has it's +'s and -'s, enjoy!
    10-11-10 03:53 PM
    Don't mind that he's switching, but this point bothered me:

iphone 4 has better productivity apps then the bb.
    That's kind of subjective. If you're talking about email, you'll do a lot of work much faster on the BB than the iphone. If you're talking about word/excel/ppt, you can edit them no problem on the BB (don't know about iphone). Task lists, calendar, alerts, BB does them just fine.

Not really sure what "productivity" means to you, but I think the whole value proposition of BB's is that they're communication devices meant for people to be productive with. iPhones are for fun and entertainment. Either way that's great, but it seems like you're coming up with as many reasons as possible for the switch, when you're actually deluded as to what you can/can't do on iPhone.

You'll be back to BB soon if you really do need a phone for business/productivity.
    10-11-10 04:12 PM
    Having both, I'm not really a fan of the 'stevie's way or the highway'. To each their own..right?!
    +1. Same here, had both...don't like the one track mindedness of the iPhone ONE BIT. What you see is exactly what you get and no more.
    10-11-10 05:53 PM
    I switch from torch to ip4 and i regret it, but hey to all his own..

10-11-10 05:54 PM
    IP4 IS A JOKE!!!!! the only thing i liked was the screen,
    My friends dad can't even use the face to face camera coz almost everyone he knows has a Blackberry...
    10-11-10 06:06 PM
    I've owned both and and decided to keep the iPhone. Why? Mainly due to the bang for my buck. I'm not an executive and my emails aren't really that important, so that has never been an issue. As long as I get them within a timely manner, I'm happy.

With the iPhone: I get my emails, can still text, mms and talk on the phone. After reading these forums, you would swear that AT&T signal is nonexistent. Lol. I get a strong signal everywhere I have been. And that is all that matters to me. I also, with the iPhone can rent movies and download then to the phone directly. I ams can watch my netflix and have a pleasant Internet experience all the time. Before anyone mentions flash... Hasn't hurt me yet. Yes I do run into websites that are flash based, but I never think too much on it.

With the torch: I had a blinky light and keyboard. Hated the slider. Kept wishing I had not sold my 9700 and noticed the phone, although new, felt like every other bb I've had. Missed my netflix, words with friends and the ability to download and rent movies straight to the phone. I did love the calendar and the options available compared to the iPhone, but never really used it much anyway.

After owning the 8700,8300,8310,9000,9700 and the 9800; everything just felt the same. OS 6, to me, felt dated and clunky. I didn't hate it, didn't love it either. The social feeds integration worked well and I do miss it, slightly.

I'm not an iPhone fanboy, but I do think for my dollars, I get more out of the iPhone right now. If, in the future, My needs change, I will buy another blackberry. You see, I'm a iPhone user who wants to come back. I love blackberry.

I'm looking at the 9780, but after reading reviews, it may not be the phone to "wow" me either. Looking at the playboook also. I own an iPad (love it), but look forward to seeing rims product. My fingers are crossed. C'mon rim, I'm waiting and ready to come back, just give me a product worthy of returning.
    10-11-10 06:35 PM
    Welcome to TeamiPhone were not nearly as harsh as your bb peers.

10-11-10 08:05 PM
    That's what I keep saying around here. Not everyone likes bb nor android nor iphones so why argue about it. Each one of us finds something differnet we like about a particular phone or os that attracts or repells us. I happen to love bb's, don't mean I think an iphone is garbage. The bb just suits my need.

10-11-10 08:06 PM
    That's what I keep saying around here. Not everyone likes bb nor android nor iphones so why argue about it. Each one of us finds something differnet we like about a particular phone or os that attracts or repells us. I happen to love bb's, don't mean I think an iphone is garbage. The bb just suits my need.

Agree, i don't know why it always turns into a "my phone is better than your phone" battle. I am using Android right now, doesn't mean i think anything less of blackberry. I will without hesitation go back to blackberry as soon as they release a phone i like.

10-11-10 08:27 PM
    I'm on IP4 and it is a great phone and certainly an easy experience...but I do miss the BB. The only issue is BB won't sync my exchange calendar without being on BES and my employer limits who they allow to be on their server...so that eliminates BB for me...sad...
    10-11-10 08:36 PM
    10-11-10 08:47 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD