I currently have a WM6.5 HTC Touch Pro phone. I am looking to switch to a Torch in the very near future but have a few questions. I have been reviewing all of the posts on CB for the weekend and think that it should be a fairly easy switch.

Has anyone switched over to a Torch from a WM phone? If so, what were your biggest issues/likes?

What is the biggest challenge of moving over from WM to BB OS?

Does anyone wish they hadn't come over to BB from WM? If so, why?

Thank you to everyone who wants to throw their 2 cents in.

Cheers!
    10-12-10 07:04 AM
    I was using a WM6.5 phone recently. The difference between the 2 are night and day. WM6.5 was just a dog, so slow! The BB OS interface is so much easier to work with. However, the MS Exchange support/synchronization on WM6.5 was seamless. I have a BIS account so the exchange support is much different. I get my exchange email over the OWA so its not a true push. As well no synchronization of contacts, tasks, calenders, notes, etc. The exchange support of BIS is pretty much non-existant so that was the biggest hurdle to get over.
    10-12-10 10:14 AM
    I was using a WM6.5 phone recently. The difference between the 2 are night and day. WM6.5 was just a dog, so slow! The BB OS interface is so much easier to work with. However, the MS Exchange support/synchronization on WM6.5 was seamless. I have a BIS account so the exchange support is much different. I get my exchange email over the OWA so its not a true push. As well no synchronization of contacts, tasks, calenders, notes, etc. The exchange support of BIS is pretty much non-existant so that was the biggest hurdle to get over.
    If you had it set up VIA BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service), all those issues would go away. If you require exchange support you should need a BES server.
    10-12-10 10:21 AM
    I currently have a WM6.5 HTC Touch Pro phone. I am looking to switch to a Torch in the very near future but have a few questions. I have been reviewing all of the posts on CB for the weekend and think that it should be a fairly easy switch.

Has anyone switched over to a Torch from a WM phone? If so, what were your biggest issues/likes?

Does anyone wish they hadn't come over to BB from WM? If so, why?

Thank you to everyone who wants to throw their 2 cents in.

Cheers!
    I was running an HTC Vogue with WM 6.1, then 6.5, then Android 2.2. The Torch with OS 6 doesn't really compare to WM. Make the switch, you won't regret it.

biggest challenge - none really. I had some issues finding all the settings, but the universal search fixed that issue.
    10-12-10 12:03 PM
    Long back I was using iPAQ, HTC Touch and Diamond then switched to BB around 2 years before. As far as emails are concerned, BB is matchless. I am on BIS but no regret at all. I have been syncing my contacts, calender, tasks, memopad /notepad with outlook since 2005 initially with windows phone and now with BB, absolutely no problem in syncing.
    WM OS was more flexible and open, the biggest advantage used to be to install applcations on sd card thus keepng RAM free for operations. Even emails could have been stored on sd card. all these flexibilities are not in BB OS. From security point of view, OS is very rigid.
    But overall, i am fully satisfied on BB.
    prithvi
    10-12-10 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the info. I went into Bellworld and walked out with a Pearl for my wife and Torch for me. Now is the huge learning curve.

Cheers!
    10-12-10 07:07 PM
    Thanks for the info. I went into Bellworld and walked out with a Pearl for my wife and Torch for me. Now is the huge learning curve.

Cheers!

You'll be very happy!

Hardest part for me leaving WinMo was the inferior Excel/Word on Blackberry, though it isn't THAT bad

I also really miss bubble breaker, none of the BB bubble breakers are as good as WinMo's native bubble breaker,

OH and one last thing, the WinMo Calendar is still the best Calendar available, it is soo nice, OS6 on the Torch is very simple to get used to, you get both touch, and keypad entry so you can literally fumble your way around and you'll have things learned in a day or 2
    10-12-10 07:26 PM
    The thing I hate most about WM (Any version) is that it will not allow you to view in-line html messages that contain images. For some reason (Possibly Outlook Security) it always shows the inline images as attachments and they have to be downloaded separately . . . Very frustrating. Best of luck on your new Torch!
    10-13-10 03:12 AM
    I too made the switch from an HTC Tilt with 6.5.3, I had previously used WM 5.0, WM 6.0, WM 6.5

I have no complaints since I made the switch. OS 6.0 is just so smooth. I have not found anything I don't like yet.

I miss Opera Mobile 5.0 and Skyfire. Getting used to the settings and how they are laid out in BB versus WM.

Can't wait to read what your impressions of the Torch are
    10-13-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD