Hey guys (and mods/admins),

I have a suggestion for this forum. Perhaps we can set up a bug report thread that will be stickied at the top of the forum. This should be closed to the public for posting, but updated by admins or mods (or designated members) when bug reports are verified by multiple members of the community. This would not include personal/subjective items like "I don't like the lock functionality," but actual software bugs or issues with the phone's stock software (no 3rd part stuff).

Then, when fixed by RIM, they can be crossed off the list with the OS version in which the bugs have been fixed.

I think this would not only be a great way to keep a list going so members can see right away if something is being experienced by only them or by others, as well as providing a place for RIM to see what the communities of enthusiasts and testers have found. I know it's a long shot to hope they'd see it, but I'm sure there are RIM employees who are members on these boards.

What are everyone's thoughts? I would like it to be relatively structured and organized so it doesn't explode into a long thread, just a regularly updated single post for everyone to follow.

Admins: I would be happy to volunteer my time as a member who will maintain this thread.
    10-04-10 11:19 AM
    Bump. No interest? Your thoughts?
    10-04-10 07:44 PM
    Problem is people don't even read the stickies for the most part, they just post first anyways.

That and isolating what is or isn't an OS bug isn't that easy sometimes.
    10-04-10 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD