I just got a new AT&T Torch. I have everything working perfectly - except VVM. Instead of getting a notification in my "Messages" that allows me to listen to downloaded voicemail messages, all I get is weird text message that says "1000000000 - alpsgaacds03.attwireless.net:5400?f=0&v=601&m=..." and it goes on a little bit longer. I was on the phone with CS and they couldn't figure out what the problem was either. I just updated to .337 thinking that may solve the problem, but it didn't. The only way I even know I have a voicemail message (if I didn't actually see the missed call) is to notice the text message and then call my voicemail.

Any ideas what may be wrong?
    12-01-10 01:15 PM
    Did you migrate your data from an older device, OS5?
    12-01-10 02:23 PM
    I pulled my VVM history over from my TMO 9700 but I had installed and been using OS6. Now that you mention it, could it be a TMO issue and if so, how do I delete what was pulled over from TMO?
    12-01-10 03:11 PM
    Backup your phone data in DM, then try doing a security wipe.

See if you can setup and use VVM with nothing migrated over.

If so, that's probably the cause. Do a manual restore ONLY on as little as possible to avoid bringing the bad data back (contacts, emails, etc).
    12-01-10 03:35 PM
    I removed the net_rim_bb_vvm files using BBSAK. The VVM icon is gone and now I get the regular Voicemail indication icon that I wasn't getting before. I notice that the VVM files aren't actually deleted - but they are hidden and not working. I would like to have VVM work, but its not like life or death. However, when I get a voicemail and after I access voicemail - the exact same text message that I put in the first post comes in. How do I stop that?
    12-02-10 08:02 AM
    I had that same problem when I used the device switch wizard on DM. I switched from a Tmobile Bold to an AT&T Torch. I ended up backing up my data on DM then wiping and restoring the OS using the app loader. Then I did a selective restore from the backup on DM.
    12-02-10 01:36 PM
    I had that same problem when I used the device switch wizard on DM. I switched from a Tmobile Bold to an AT&T Torch. I ended up backing up my data on DM then wiping and restoring the OS using the app loader. Then I did a selective restore from the backup on DM.
    Had to do the same thing after migrating from the 9650 to the 9800.
    12-02-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD