Hi guys,

Basically, when typing out a message now, it's like some sort of prediction thing has been turned on. It also won't put the ' in I'm for example when it used to fill in automatically and you're for example; it will no longer put it in and so the word stays spelt as youre.

When typing other words for example, like 'no' i get 'te no te' come up! WTF?!! It has got CA in the top right of the screen which I don't think was there before, but have no clue what this is, or how to turn off!

Please help!!

Thanks people.
    04-30-11 02:47 PM
    Not sure if I misunderstood your problem, but it sounds like it's been changed to corrective or predictive. Go into options then typing and input then the ABC Typing option and you should be able to choose direct or whatever option you like. Hope this helps.
    Note there is a setting for both virtual and physical keyboard as well.
    Last edited by tumblingdice03; 04-30-11 at 03:44 PM.
    04-30-11 03:02 PM
    No you need to set it back to English. I believe the CA stands for Canada (French)
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    04-30-11 04:01 PM
    Type language into universal search and see if the input language is anything other than english.
    04-30-11 04:02 PM
    And if that's the case you can change it as listed above but at the last step you will see the Languages option at the top
    04-30-11 04:16 PM
    Same problem as well! It started after I did a software update to 6.0 bundle 2391.
    The predictive words only happen when in sure type mode and only on the touch screen not the keypad! (for me anyways)! I use both these options a lot! It was working fine before the update!

Thank you!
    05-03-11 09:48 AM
    Not sure if I misunderstood your problem, but it sounds like it's been changed to corrective or predictive. Go into options then typing and input then the ABC Typing option and you should be able to choose direct or whatever option you like. Hope this helps.
    Note there is a setting for both virtual and physical keyboard as well.
    No you need to set it back to English. I believe the CA stands for Canada (French)
    Sounds like you have a few settings that are off... with some good ideas pointing in the right direction...

Let's start with making sure the languages are good. i don't think the "CA" stands for Canada, as typically Canada would be English (EN) or French (FR), and "te no te" doesn't sound like French, and it certainly isn't English. so let's start there...

goto: Options -> Typing and Input -> Languages. Make sure that your 'Display Language'; 'Input Language'; and 'Voice Dialing Language' are all set to 'English (US)' (*the (US) is important, as there is also just an 'English' option. If you have one set to 'English', and the other to 'English (US)', you will still get an 'EN' in the top right corner when typing...

Once that's done, press the menu button, and select SAVE

Next goto: Options -> Typing And Input -> Typing. Make sure that both the Virtual Kyboard, and the Physical Keyboard, are set to 'Direct' Style. the other options are "predctive" or "corrective" and seem to be causing the problem...

Once both keyboards are set to 'Direct' Typing, press the muny button, and SAVE.

Use the back button to exit the menu(s) completely (not the red 'end' button)

Now pull the battery, and let the device boot up completely with these new settings.

hopefully this fixed your issue..

Please let us know if it fixes the issue for you, so that other users can use the help as well.

Good Luck

-Tbrenn
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    05-03-11 10:46 AM
    I was going to tell you that your language settings are not set to english but I other people have already beat me to it.
    05-03-11 01:55 PM
    turn off the prediction language, and select language as english.
    05-04-11 02:52 AM
    Sounds like you have a few settings that are off... with some good ideas pointing in the right direction...

Let's start with making sure the languages are good. i don't think the "CA" stands for Canada, as typically Canada would be English (EN) or French (FR), and "te no te" doesn't sound like French, and it certainly isn't English. so let's start there...

goto: Options -> Typing and Input -> Languages. Make sure that your 'Display Language'; 'Input Language'; and 'Voice Dialing Language' are all set to 'English (US)' (*the (US) is important, as there is also just an 'English' option. If you have one set to 'English', and the other to 'English (US)', you will still get an 'EN' in the top right corner when typing...

Once that's done, press the menu button, and select SAVE

Next goto: Options -> Typing And Input -> Typing. Make sure that both the Virtual Kyboard, and the Physical Keyboard, are set to 'Direct' Style. the other options are "predctive" or "corrective" and seem to be causing the problem...

Once both keyboards are set to 'Direct' Typing, press the muny button, and SAVE.

Use the back button to exit the menu(s) completely (not the red 'end' button)

Now pull the battery, and let the device boot up completely with these new settings.

hopefully this fixed your issue..

Please let us know if it fixes the issue for you, so that other users can use the help as well.

Good Luck

-Tbrenn
    I was going to tell you that your language settings are not set to english but I other people have already beat me to it.
    Hi guys,

Basically, when typing out a message now, it's like some sort of prediction thing has been turned on. It also won't put the ' in I'm for example when it used to fill in automatically and you're for example; it will no longer put it in and so the word stays spelt as youre.

When typing other words for example, like 'no' i get 'te no te' come up! WTF?!! It has got CA in the top right of the screen which I don't think was there before, but have no clue what this is, or how to turn off!

Please help!!

Thanks people.
    Any Luck with all the suggestions provided?
    05-04-11 09:20 AM
    Same problem as well! It started after I did a software update to 6.0 bundle 2391.
    The predictive words only happen when in sure type mode and only on the touch screen not the keypad! (for me anyways)! I use both these options a lot! It was working fine before the update!

Thank you!
    Downgraded the update and everything is back to normal!
    05-04-11 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD