Hi,

I've just bought a new Torch and I love it, however, whenever I get an alert for an email or SMS etc. there's a strange 'crack' sound before the alert tone plays. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, every now and then, I lose the wireless signal and the red SOS sign comes up. This has happened in areas where the signal is usually ok. Even if I switch the Wireless off and on in the connections settings, it doesn't reacquire the signal until I perform a battery pull.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Bunximo.
    11-25-10 01:52 PM
    well you are within your 30 days..
    so i suggest you exchange it..
    another quick fix you can do is a RESET..
    battery pull OR Left ALT + Right Shift + Delete
    11-25-10 01:56 PM
    I've sorted it out! The noise came when it played alerts which I'd imported which I'd made using an MP3 splitter. It turned out there were only two which made the noise, both of which I'd made. They played perfectly on my computer but always made the noise on the Torch.
    I converted them into wav files and then back to MP3s, reinstalled them and they're perfect now!
    11-28-10 06:05 AM
    Typically SOS refers to a bad sim card. You can make emergency(911) calls but that's it. If you went into your carriers store they could tell you better, but every time I've had that problem they just simply swapped my sim card.
    Bunximo likes this.
    11-28-10 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD