Hi all,

Right i got my new replacement 9800 Torch yesterday, my original one had a few build issues so had to send it back.

Anyhow last night i was transferring my data from my 9700 to the 9800 via DM...everything seemed to be going well until i connected my new 9800 to my laptop to finish the transfer off.

I noticed that it started to delete the BBM modules and BB app world modules...i didnt think anything of it until i rebooted my 9800 where i then noticed that BBM and BB app world were no longer on the device.

Now before i started i noticed both bbm and bb app world icons in my all folder, it seems like after i did the device switch they disappeared. Now ive looked through my applications list in the option and see that they are still there but i cant seem to get the icons back.

I havent put my sim card in yet so its hasnt been activated but would they turn up after i activate my device ie put my sim card in.

Ive done a security wipe but after rebooting those apps dont show up like before...so i dont quite get why its done that unless its meant to.

Thanks for any advice.
    10-20-10 07:00 AM
    Make sure they are checked off in DM when you do the transfer to your 9800.
    10-20-10 07:26 AM
    Having come from a curve(8310) i did the same thing, and the same thing happened to me. So I reloaded the OS and just did a backup of my contacts and phone book. My best guess(not a tech guy so someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the version you have on your 9700 is different then what native to the torch so it deletes those apps as it cant load the old backup from a previous version?
    10-20-10 07:28 AM
    Hmmm interesting but all i did was tick device data and settings...didnt tick the 3rd party apps.

Probably due to the fact that its OS5 on the 9700 and OS6 on the 9800...strange thing is that after i did the security wipe those apps didnt come back, nothing has been hidden but yet in the application list both show up
    10-20-10 07:31 AM
    Also can anyone confirm that if they have an unlocked 9800 which isnt network branded...does your torch have the words TORCH on the back where the camera and flash is??.

Seems like this replacement one that i received yesterday doesnt seem to have the wording torch on it like my last one did.

Just trying to figure out if they have recently got rid of the wording from the back.
    10-20-10 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD