Try going without the app for a day -- you should see a big difference.
    09-04-10 10:12 PM
    Sorry about that, I released a version for the 9800, but I guess I never activated it. So it was sitting in my account disabled. I kept getting emails about how it doesn't work and I was really confused.

If you purchased the wrong version please contact mobihand.com and ask them if you can switch to the 9800 version of the app.
    09-05-10 09:48 AM
    Try going without the app for a day -- you should see a big difference.
    will def try thanks for the info...that'll be amazing if i can get more than a day's worth of heavy use.
    09-05-10 01:36 PM
    Sorry about that, I released a version for the 9800, but I guess I never activated it. So it was sitting in my account disabled. I kept getting emails about how it doesn't work and I was really confused.

If you purchased the wrong version please contact mobihand.com and ask them if you can switch to the 9800 version of the app.
    What about if we bought it from blackberry appworld?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 05:26 PM

I now have access to the options but I don't see an option to assign it to the lock button. Am I missing it or is this not an option (in which case it's no good to me). Guess I gotta go back to PatternLock again.
    Last edited by NoahFecks; 09-05-10 at 07:18 PM.
    09-05-10 05:34 PM
    I purchased my version through app world. How do i get the new version so that i can get to the options?? It seems to lock the phone every time i put the phone to my ear to make a call.
    09-05-10 10:12 PM

+1 on the question about what if we bought it from App World.
    09-06-10 07:01 AM
    I've submitted the app to the app world too. It will take about 7-14 days for them to approve the new version. When it's a approved you should have no issues updating the app.
    09-06-10 09:55 AM
    This version works very well on the Torch!

09-06-10 10:02 AM
    This version works very well on the Torch!

Well...there are two versions. The Free one, which works as designed. And the paid version, which as spoken about, can't access options feature. So, yes...the free version does work very well on the Torch, but the paid one...she options no worky! =O

09-06-10 10:07 AM
    Well...there are two versions. The Free one, which works as designed. And the paid version, which as spoken about, can't access options feature. So, yes...the free version does work very well on the Torch, but the paid one...she options no worky! =O

The UPDATED paid version is what I am referring to. Got it from Mobi and it now works perfectly INCLUDING options!

09-06-10 10:42 AM
    @DMG, what version is it so that i know what to look for??
    09-06-10 10:55 AM
    I am using the paid version 5.1.7.
    To get to StormSlider options, hit menu when the lock screen comes on and "tap" on "options". After changing any option, hit menu and "tap" on "save".

The app now works in portrait and landscape and has lots of features.
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-06-10 at 11:39 AM.
    09-06-10 11:27 AM
    I am using the paid version 5.1.7.
    To get to StormSlider options, hit menu when the lock screen comes on and "tap" on "options". After changing any option, hit menu and "tap" on "save".

The app now works in portrait and landscape and has lots of features.
    Yes, but no assigning it to the lock button, which is a total deal breaker for me.
    09-06-10 11:53 AM
    Yes, but no assigning it to the lock button, which is a total deal breaker for me.
    Lock button feature (from developer's "help" section):

My Lock button doesn't start up StormSlider! Yes it does...Since developers can't MAKE their apps set to the lock button, there is a workaround in which you press the Lock button > normal lock is shown > You wait until the phone dims > StormSlider will automatically kick in....
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-06-10 at 12:47 PM.
    09-06-10 12:04 PM
    But does it still drain the battery?
    09-06-10 01:36 PM
    Lock button feature (from developer's "help" section):

My Lock button doesn't start up StormSlider! Yes it does...Since developers can't MAKE their apps set to the lock button, there is a workaround in which you press the Lock button > normal lock is shown > You wait until the phone dims > StormSlider will automatically kick in....
    PatternLock can be assigned to the lock button so that statement isn't accurate. This workaround is weak as you have to hit the lock button again to unlock then slide to unlock, not to mention it's no good if you don't have the option set for it to lock on dim, which I don't like.

Looks like PL is the better option here even though I prefer the actual slider button of SS, but I'm gonna take functionality over cosmetics.

09-06-10 02:43 PM
    The UPDATED paid version is what I am referring to. Got it from Mobi and it now works perfectly INCLUDING options!

I gotchya!

09-06-10 03:29 PM
    But does it still drain the battery?
    I am wondering this also...
    09-06-10 03:53 PM
    why dont u use PL, and set the pattern to....slide across the bottom???
    09-06-10 04:54 PM
    I've submitted the app to the app world too. It will take about 7-14 days for them to approve the new version. When it's a approved you should have no issues updating the app.
    Thank you, David, ignore the email I just sent (not that you wouldn't have anyway! ). And to the powers that control App World, kindly prioritize the email I just sent and approve this app pronto.
    09-07-10 07:22 AM
    Well, here we are...9 days out from when David, the developer, said the 7-14 day approval period would occur. 5 days left until its either total BS or approved. At this point, I paid for the app and realized its a memory hogging waste of time. I'm just curious as to if the developer stands by his product.

09-15-10 04:19 PM
    I purchased stormlock aka whatever it's called today and I'm loving it. Working perfectly on my Torch!

09-15-10 08:55 PM
    Well, here we are...9 days out from when David, the developer, said the 7-14 day approval period would occur. 5 days left until its either total BS or approved. At this point, I paid for the app and realized its a memory hogging waste of time. I'm just curious as to if the developer stands by his product.

don't give up hope yet many people purchased through mobihand or crackberry and they have recieved the updated app some of us...including myself...have to wait for RIM to approve the update...i don't see why they wouldn't hopefully by next week they will...i feel like when my appworld shows updates i get a bunch at the same time as though rim approves only certain times a month.
    09-15-10 11:57 PM
    I purchased stormlock aka whatever it's called today and I'm loving it. Working perfectly on my Torch!

Where did you purchase it from and what version is it? Also can you access the options menu and set the lock button to launch the app?
    Last edited by rsasecure; 09-17-10 at 04:29 PM.
    09-17-10 03:53 PM
107 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD