I emailed him lat night and got a reply by this morning.. LOL.
    09-23-10 10:43 PM
    I bought stormslider, not berryslider, any chance of update for that?
    I believe he's talking about the updated version for the Torch now available on Mobihand, where it's called BerrySlider (though it's the same app). That, of course, does you no good if you bought the app through App World.

Mr. McDaniel, you actually got a reply from the developer? Or are you just joshing?
    09-24-10 08:46 AM
    berryslider is the same stormslider
    09-24-10 10:29 AM
    I got a reply. He jusst asked me which place I bought it from. Reggardless he still emailed me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 10:30 AM
    I got the new version (still called storm slider on my device, but berryslider on mobihand) from MobiHand - they sent me an email announcing version 5.5.0 was out. Seems to be working ok (but make sure you follow the install instructions ... i.e., open app permissions, set all to "deny", then open again and set all to "allow" ... otherwise you can get caught in the endless loop of the weather plug-in within the app asking for permission to go to the web (and your only way out is a battery pull/hard reset).

I still do get the white screen or partial white screen sometimes when the device is charging, but that does not really bother me too much.
    Last edited by weinson; 09-24-10 at 12:09 PM.
    09-24-10 11:43 AM
    berryslider is the same stormslider
    I'm aware of that.

Please read the previous posts
    09-24-10 03:54 PM
    Any chance if this was purchased through app world that we can get the link for the updated version? I think its crap that we're stuck. I can't get into the options screen at all...

09-24-10 10:59 PM
    Any chance if this was purchased through app world that we can get the link for the updated version? I think its crap that we're stuck. I can't get into the options screen at all...

+10000. I agree.,,
    09-24-10 11:12 PM
    I was finally able to wring a refund out of App World. Hardest $3 I ever tried to get back. I'll probably go purchase it on Mobi.
    09-25-10 08:11 AM
    I just bought pattern lock instead. Not happy about being screwed over on my purchase...

09-25-10 08:50 AM
    I got the new version (still called storm slider on my device, but berryslider on mobihand) from MobiHand - they sent me an email announcing version 5.5.0 was out. Seems to be working ok (but make sure you follow the install instructions ... i.e., open app permissions, set all to "deny", then open again and set all to "allow" ... otherwise you can get caught in the endless loop of the weather plug-in within the app asking for permission to go to the web (and your only way out is a battery pull/hard reset).

I still do get the white screen or partial white screen sometimes when the device is charging, but that does not really bother me too much.
    I originally purchase v. 5.1.7 and it worked GREAT! When I downloaded and installed the updated (v.5.5.0) all of a sudden I got a java mem error. I can,t even go back and reinstall 5.1.7, which I would like to so. Any suggestions?

I got both my versions Mobihand

09-25-10 10:39 AM
    For those that don't know this already the App World requires your apps to get approved, where mobihand doesn't. If you would like instant updates I would purchase all your apps through mobihand. If you purchased through the app world it usually takes 1-2 weeks to get approved. The new version 5.5.0 is approved and available in the app world.

I'm not trying to screw anyone over or anything like that. I have no control over the pending times. When I release an update to any of my apps I upload them to mobihand and the app world at the same time. When RIM decides to approve the app is up to them. I'm not trying to be mean or anything like that I just have no control over it.
    09-25-10 01:24 PM
    I do see that on BB app world the updated version IS on their website. However, if we try to reinstall it, it still comes up as 5.1. Can you provide the updated install link for us? Its pretty easy to check who purchased.

by the way, 2 emails later, still no reply, pretty crappy way of doing business, if you ask me.
    09-25-10 02:03 PM
    [QUOTE=PapaVino;5616236]I do see that on BB app world the updated version IS on their website. However, if we try to reinstall it, it still comes up as 5.1. Can you provide the updated install link for us? Its pretty easy to check who purchased.[QUOTE]

I notice it as well. Makes me mad.. I am going to try uninstalling it., then doing the alt RST in app world.

EDIT: It's working in APP WORLD now!!!
    Last edited by mcdanielnc89; 09-25-10 at 04:48 PM.
    09-25-10 04:44 PM
    Before I buy this anywhere again, how is the battery drain? I took a bit of a hit on battery life in the upgrade from .225 to .246, so I'm not keen on yet another hit.

Frankly, I prefer App World because of the control one has over the apps one buys their (archibing, etc.).

Last edited by JasW; 09-25-10 at 05:52 PM.
    09-25-10 05:50 PM
    [QUOTE=mcdanielnc89;5616654][QUOTE=PapaVino;5616236]I do see that on BB app world the updated version IS on their website. However, if we try to reinstall it, it still comes up as 5.1. Can you provide the updated install link for us? Its pretty easy to check who purchased.

I notice it as well. Makes me mad.. I am going to try uninstalling it., then doing the alt RST in app world.

EDIT: It's working in APP WORLD now!!!
    what did you do to get the fix. whenever I go to app world on my torch, search for stormslider, it pulls up version 5.1 and says its installed. I have tried deleting and reinstalling and still no luck.
    09-25-10 09:42 PM
    With the app world it seems like it caches itself every now and then. You should see the update eventually, usually within 24-48 hours of being approved =/

To those saying I haven't answered their emails I'm sorry about that. I get close to 500 support emails emails a day. I create apps for blackberry, palm and the iPhone. I try to keep up with the emails but I'm just 1 person. 500 emails a day is almost impossible. I know it's one of my faults but I have no way of fixing that issue. Howerver if I see people saying the same thing over and over again then I will look into it and fix the issue.

Like I said I'm really not here to screw you guys over or anything like that. I've been apart of the blackberry community for years now. If I was trying to screw people over I would have done it a long time ago. I try to help the best I can, but the biggest issue is the App World really.

I would provide you with the direct download link, but I fear for piracy. I've had to send out over 100 c&d letters to websites hosting my apps illegally. I can't just hand the link out to anyone because all it takes is someone to post the direct link somewhere and it could cost me a lot of money. If the app world doesn't update in the next day or two I will see what I can do for you guys.
    09-25-10 10:05 PM
    I just went into App WOrld and it showed up
    09-25-10 10:12 PM
    With the app world it seems like it caches itself every now and then. You should see the update eventually, usually within 24-48 hours of being approved =/

To those saying I haven't answered their emails I'm sorry about that. I get close to 500 support emails emails a day. I create apps for blackberry, palm and the iPhone. I try to keep up with the emails but I'm just 1 person. 500 emails a day is almost impossible. I know it's one of my faults but I have no way of fixing that issue. Howerver if I see people saying the same thing over and over again then I will look into it and fix the issue.

Like I said I'm really not here to screw you guys over or anything like that. I've been apart of the blackberry community for years now. If I was trying to screw people over I would have done it a long time ago. I try to help the best I can, but the biggest issue is the App World really.

I would provide you with the direct download link, but I fear for piracy. I've had to send out over 100 c&d letters to websites hosting my apps illegally. I can't just hand the link out to anyone because all it takes is someone to post the direct link somewhere and it could cost me a lot of money. If the app world doesn't update in the next day or two I will see what I can do for you guys.
    after trying everything, found the following:

the previous poster's advice does work "alt RST" trick. it resets the app world, then gives you an error when u try to repurchase 5.5 and lets u redownload from my appworld category.

this seems to be the only working way to get the updated version.

However, when going to options, hitting the trackpad still does not work, the only way to get into the option screen is with actually pressing it on the screen. I hope that helps anyone else who was confused like I was.

Anything u can do to disable it on bedside mode as opposed to always while it charges?

While Im at home and set it to bedside mode, I dont care for it to lock, so I had to turn that off, however, if I'm charging the phone at work, in school, or in my car, I would prefer the lock to stay on.

In Swipelock it has a specific setting to only turn off while its in bedside mode, can you setup something like that?
    09-25-10 10:23 PM
    This is a great idea...

Trying to decide between Berryslider, Swipe Lock and Pattern Lock.

Anybody figure out yet if the new version of Berryslider for the Torch impact battery life like the earlier one apparently did?
    Last edited by bjm007; 09-26-10 at 11:05 PM.
    09-26-10 10:24 PM
    Finally got my App World update. Yay! Loving the options!
    09-28-10 07:34 PM
    downloaded stormslider (berryslider) 5.5.1

I absolutely love the look and function

one thing I am having trouble finding is how to set it run on the default lock button

It says in the description "Start app using default lock button"

I can hit the lock button and it just locks the screen same as before, berryslider is running when I hit a button but then I have to hit the unlock button again to unlock the screen and then swipe.

anyone else have this problem?
    10-06-10 07:17 PM
    ^^ Check out this thread for up to date information on this app. New App: StormSlider (iPhone style lock / unlock).
    10-06-10 08:45 PM
    downloaded stormslider (berryslider) 5.5.1

I absolutely love the look and function

one thing I am having trouble finding is how to set it run on the default lock button

It says in the description "Start app using default lock button"

I can hit the lock button and it just locks the screen same as before, berryslider is running when I hit a button but then I have to hit the unlock button again to unlock the screen and then swipe.

anyone else have this problem?
    The start app using default lock button - in the description - is for the 5.0 versions. The newer 5.5.1 version has been redone for the Torch and the dev hasn't found a good way to implement the hardware lock button...yet. He says he's working on it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/i-...7/#post5640632

Yeah that's something I'm working on right now. I've found a few ways of doing it, but they seem to be unstable at best. I would like to get that feature working 100% before adding it back to the app.
    10-07-10 09:45 AM
    Shoot, the newest upgrade you were just beta testing has already been approved in App World and I didn't even realize it. Probably because I had it uninstalled.
    10-07-10 09:58 AM
107 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD