Couldn't wait for the update purchased pattern lock love it...think I like it more than the slider app to b honest...and jasw u were right bout the bat drain issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 08:57 PM
    PatternLock can be assigned to the lock button so that statement isn't accurate. This workaround is weak as you have to hit the lock button again to unlock then slide to unlock, not to mention it's no good if you don't have the option set for it to lock on dim, which I don't like.

Looks like PL is the better option here even though I prefer the actual slider button of SS, but I'm gonna take functionality over cosmetics.

I agree! I switched to PatternLock and it does the job perfectly. Talk about a ton of options. Very good program. No battery drain.
    09-17-10 11:16 PM
    Well, here we are...9 days out from when David, the developer, said the 7-14 day approval period would occur. 5 days left until its either total BS or approved. At this point, I paid for the app and realized its a memory hogging waste of time. I'm just curious as to if the developer stands by his product.

Now it's 14 days and still nothing. What's even more maddening is that I realize I may be waiting all this time for a Torch-specific upgrade to an app that's still an ungodly battery sucking hog. I would hope DMG would address that problem.
    09-20-10 08:22 AM
    Now it's 14 days and still nothing. What's even more maddening is that I realize I may be waiting all this time for a Torch-specific upgrade to an app that's still an ungodly battery sucking hog. I would hope DMG would address that problem.
    I gave up waiting and purchased pattern lock...works great tons of features battery life seems to be holding strong...its a lot better than it was with slider for sure..i think what was eating up the battery in the storm slider was the actual text under the slider, the animation. So far no problems with pattern lock..i am at 80% been using the phone since 9am with moderate to heavy usage...browsing web pages, downloaded a few apps...updated a few apps...had to do a reset 2 times (for some reason resets always drain the battery a little bit)...have probably recieved roughly 60-75 emails and a few bbms...can't really complain since with storm slider i'd be closer to 60% by now...o yea and it works so dont' have to wait for a update...just sucks i wasted money on the app.
    09-20-10 04:05 PM
    I've not experienced memory or battery drain with this. I just simplky can't access the options.

09-20-10 08:14 PM
    I've not experienced memory or battery drain with this. I just simplky can't access the options.

I thought the same until i deleted the app thats when i realized there was a memory drain...i thought my battery life was dying as its supposed to but i was incorrect after deleting it lasts way longer.
    09-21-10 10:39 PM
    Yea. Deleted it once and still had no problems. Reinstaleld it and still worked fie without drains. I have Meterberry so it reports the leaks etc, and they aren't going anywhere.
    09-21-10 11:16 PM
    So its now the 22nd and still nothing in the app store? I have lost all faith in the builder of this app. Besides pattern lock, is there anything else out there? Can I request my $$$ back for the app?? Ridiculous

09-22-10 06:36 AM
    Can I request my $$$ back for the app??
    Not sure about App World, but I got my money back from MobiHand when I purchased it before the Torch update was available there. Give it a shot, can't hurt.
    PatternLock runs circles around StormSlider anyway, well worth getting your money back and getting PatternLock.
    09-22-10 06:53 AM
    Not sure about App World, but I got my money back from MobiHand when I purchased it before the Torch update was available there. Give it a shot, can't hurt.
    PatternLock runs circles around StormSlider anyway, well worth getting your money back and getting PatternLock.
    App World won't give refunds, which is its one major downside. I asked with this app, hoping I could just go get the correct version at Mobihand. I think it's deceptive if App World -- which knows damn well what device you have -- lets you download an app for that device that doesn't function fully, and then refuses to give you your money back.

In any event, I contacted App World support yesterday and inquired about approval for the Torch-specific Storm/BerrySlider. I would imagine I should hear something back today.

I prefer dragging a slider to unlock a la the iPhone over connecting dots (or even just pushing one dot) as you have to do with PatternLock.
    09-22-10 07:20 AM
    downloaded pattenlock yesterday and its perfect. smooth, no lag, instant, i can have it activated via the standby/lock button on the top.
    now im not scared to hold my damn phone w/o tapping something open
    09-22-10 08:02 AM
    downloaded pattenlock yesterday and its perfect. smooth, no lag, instant, i can have it activated via the standby/lock button on the top.
    now im not scared to hold my damn phone w/o tapping something open
    I'm overwhelmed by happiness for you, but this thread is about those of us with Berry/StormSlider, particularly now those of us who bought it from App World and are waiting waiting waiting for them to approve the Torch-specific version that was supposedly submitted by its slacker developer.
    09-22-10 08:18 AM
    I'm overwhelmed by happiness for you, but this thread is about those of us with Berry/StormSlider, particularly now those of us who bought it from App World and are waiting waiting waiting for them to approve the Torch-specific version that was supposedly submitted by its slacker developer.
    oh it is? yes its not a sliding application but its the same concept and it works.

I bought stormslider for my torch and regret it. I can't open the options menu. Which sliding lock application works best on the Torch?
    09-22-10 08:30 AM
    oh it is? yes its not a sliding application but its the same concept and it works.
    On a very basic level, yes, it's a locking application, but StormSlider is identical to the iPhone's lock, which I'm quite fond of from using my wife's iPhone.
    09-22-10 10:20 AM
    I heard back from App World after my inquiry as to when the Torch version submitted by DMG was going to be approved:

Unfortunately, we cannot confirm the information when the application will be available for your Torch. However, if you could get the Vendor to approve the refund, we will proceed to do so. This will allow you to purchase the correct version when it will be availabe for your Torch.

Thanks for nothing, as anyone who has tried to contact the developer knows. From the email link App World provides to contact him, one gets a canned response that directs one to a dead website.

On top of all of this, even if/when the Torch-specific version becomes available on App World, it's being treated not as a free upgrade to those who bought the earlier version for their Torch, but as a separate app one has to pay for again.

I told App World I'm filing a complaint with the state AG's office if they don't get me a refund or otherwise resolve the problem satisfactorily.

DAVID M. GRANT, wherever you are: Get off your duff. You are selling a product and people are giving you money. You have responsibilities legal and otherwise.
    Last edited by JasW; 09-23-10 at 06:16 AM.
    09-23-10 06:13 AM
    I heard back from App World after my inquiry as to when the Torch version submitted by DMG was going to be approved:

Unfortunately, we cannot confirm the information when the application will be available for your Torch. However, if you could get the Vendor to approve the refund, we will proceed to do so. This will allow you to purchase the correct version when it will be availabe for your Torch.

Thanks for nothing, as anyone who has tried to contact the developer knows. From the email link App World provides to contact him, one gets a canned response that directs one to a dead website.

On top of all of this, even if/when the Torch-specific version becomes available on App World, it's being treated not as a free upgrade to those who bought the earlier version for their Torch, but as a separate app one has to pay for again.

I told App World I'm filing a complaint with the state AG's office if they don't get me a refund or otherwise resolve the problem satisfactorily.

DAVID M. GRANT, wherever you are: Get off your duff. You are selling a product and people are giving you money. You have responsibilities legal and otherwise.
    I think i will follow up with a letter to appworld as well since its been well over 2 weeks, I think at the least we deserve a refund.
    09-23-10 12:20 PM
    I downloaded StormSlider Lite and works perfect on my Torch.
    09-23-10 12:28 PM
    I'll complain as well.
    09-23-10 12:36 PM
    I'm the only one who doesn't have a complaint about the stormslider (berryslider)? Mine is working perfectly well!
    09-23-10 01:58 PM
    Your not the only one.
    09-23-10 02:11 PM
    I downloaded StormSlider Lite and works perfect on my Torch.
    That was the source of the problem. The free version I got from App World worked fine, so I bought the paid version -- and it didn't work fine.
    09-23-10 03:49 PM
    I knew the developer was FOS. I will also file a complaint. I'm good at smelling bullsh*t. I would have bet my right nut the app would never be available when the developer claimed it would. Crook

09-23-10 08:42 PM
    As everyone has mentioned. stormslider/berryslider are the same app.

I too made the mistake of buying it. If you check the BB app world reviews on it, which I did after buying, all mention it doesnt work on torch. I submitted an email to the guy 3 weeks ago, still no response.

the bright side. Theres another app, not in crackberry app world, but I found using the regular bb app world, and its called "Swipe Lock" has all the same features, and a few others. I have a special background I chose, it activates upon hitting the hardware lock key, or u can assign to other keys, or when screen dims out, and you can turn it off for when its in bedside mode (especially important to me as I use my phone as an alarm clock, and patternlock was imposing on this for me).

Swipe lock is basically what stormslider/berryslider promises to be. The "slider" animation is not as cool/iphonish looking as the other one, but it serves purpose and works very well. Also no battery issues. I'd recommend looking into it, same price point too.
    09-23-10 08:59 PM
    BerrySlider (Slide to Unlock) Blackberry Torch 9800, which you previously purchased for your mobile device, has been updated to version 5.5.0.
    make login and the update is free
    09-23-10 09:18 PM
    BerrySlider (Slide to Unlock) Blackberry Torch 9800, which you previously purchased for your mobile device, has been updated to version 5.5.0.
    make login and the update is free
    I bought stormslider, not berryslider, any chance of update for that?
    09-23-10 09:39 PM
107 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD