I bought stormslider for my torch and regret it. I can't open the options menu. Which sliding lock application works best on the Torch?
    08-27-10 12:27 PM
    the free edition ( Lite) is working in my Torch
    08-27-10 12:35 PM
    I bought th pay version to be able to configure options but it won't let me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 12:37 PM
    MobiHand Customer Support

[#ZWI-709770]: Upgrade Request - BerrySlider (Slide to Unlock) Blackberry Storm 2 9520, 9550, 9800

Hello,

The developer of this software is currently working on a 9800 only version of BerrySlider. It should be ready, and available soon.

Best Regards,

Tom

Mobihand, Inc.
    The App Store Company
    Smartphone Apps and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store
    08-27-10 01:25 PM
    so the berryslider is stormslider? will I be able to upgrade through blackberry app world since that's where I bought it?
    08-27-10 01:35 PM
    from what i read berryslider and stormslider are the same apps...i am having the same issue can't access the options menu...it installed fine functions as it should just can't customize it...works very nicely tho the options menu would make it 100%
    08-27-10 02:09 PM
    Pattern Lock works fine, at least the Lite (free) version. I can only find the Options to reset the pattern lock in Universal Search, though.

I would like to try Berry Slider because the pattern I'm using is just an iPhone-type unlock swipe, which is what Berry Slider does. Unfortunately in Pattern Lock I have to make sure to connect the dots. So I'm looking forward to trying the 9800 version of Berry Slider.
    Last edited by JasW; 08-27-10 at 02:35 PM.
    08-27-10 02:32 PM
    I got the same message as above from Mobi about BerrySlider, but there are people in the StormSlider thread here that have been complaining they can't get ahold of the developer, he's not responding to emails for support.

08-27-10 03:12 PM
    Perhaps its a scam...
    08-27-10 03:29 PM
    Not a scam .. developer is just MIA .. there are so many threads on it, I'm surprised anyone would buy it at this point.
    08-27-10 03:39 PM
    Besides, it's called STORMslider.. why would you buy for your TORCH without it saying it's compatible with your device?
    08-27-10 03:41 PM
    Besides, it's called STORMslider.. why would you buy for your TORCH without it saying it's compatible with your device?
    It does say 9800 is compatible. The version I bought from mobi said it was but wouldn't install for me so I get a refund. The version from bbapp world works but it won't let you customize options. I did find you can change the background of it by opening a picture file from media and hitting the bbkey and selecting set as bblider bg at the top.

08-27-10 03:53 PM
    It does say 9800 is compatible. The version I bought from mobi said it was but wouldn't install for me so I get a refund. The version from bbapp world works but it won't let you customize options. I did find you can change the background of it by opening a picture file from media and hitting the bbkey and selecting set as bblider bg at the top.

ahh .. well then ..

options used to be available when you had it locked then hit bb button.. you would have to provide the proper password from there to access options.

it also used to be in options menu ..

also, make sure ALL permissions are set to ALLOW < very important
    08-27-10 03:58 PM
    I still have not seen the 9800 version .. wondering if it exists yet. I know the free app works fine, but cannot be customizeable (has no options menu). I can't figure out how to get the free version to run automatically (like when I hit the lock button) so it is kinda useless (just a gimmick, if the only way to run the program is to click the icon).
    09-01-10 10:51 AM
    I still have not seen the 9800 version .. wondering if it exists yet. I know the free app works fine, but cannot be customizeable (has no options menu). I can't figure out how to get the free version to run automatically (like when I hit the lock button) so it is kinda useless (just a gimmick, if the only way to run the program is to click the icon).
    The free version doesn't run automatically and you can't assign it to the lock button -- just the convenience key.

I'm running the paid version, and the basic setup (without being able to customize via options) is more or less acceptable, mainly because it does run automatically.
    09-01-10 11:18 AM
    The free version doesn't run automatically and you can't assign it to the lock button -- just the convenience key.

I'm running the paid version, and the basic setup (without being able to customize via options) is more or less acceptable, mainly because it does run automatically.

hmm, when I tried the paid version it said it would not work on my device ... what is your version number?
    09-01-10 11:42 AM
    The one from appworld is suppose to work. Just google version 5.5.1 and download that and install it. It works without the extra options, but it does drain memory.

09-01-10 11:54 AM
    hmm, when I tried the paid version it said it would not work on my device ... what is your version number?
    5.1 ... I d/l'd it from AppWorld. I hear the one from Mobi is different.
    09-01-10 12:03 PM
    The one from appworld is suppose to work. Just google version 5.5.1 and download that and install it. It works without the extra options, but it does drain memory.

Doesn't drain any memory on mine. It does seem to tax the battery more than it should, however.
    09-01-10 12:05 PM
    5.5.1 gave me memroy drain issues but never to a critical point to remove apps. I agree though, the battery life was further diminished when I had it on.

09-01-10 12:14 PM
    I am using the free version at the moment, which generally works, but sometimes the four front buttons stay lit up after the screen goes dark. Only work around I have found is to hit the lock button on the top which seems to kill the lights.
    09-01-10 10:07 PM
    I did find if u open a picture or wallpaper and press the bb button...scroll all the way up u can atleast change your slider background image

09-04-10 07:07 PM
    I did find if u open a picture or wallpaper and press the bb button...scroll all the way up u can atleast change your slider background image

I noted that. I kind of like the stock screen though and I was afraid I'd never be able to get it back if I changed it. I've archived the app in App World anyway because it's too much of a battery drain.
    09-04-10 07:55 PM
    Same here , JAS. Archived and deleted awaiting dev to update his work.

09-04-10 09:09 PM
    I noted that. I kind of like the stock screen though and I was afraid I'd never be able to get it back if I changed it. I've archived the app in App World anyway because it's too much of a battery drain.
    Battery drain? I'd have to say personally I haven't experienced the same issue...tho I do have to charge my battery every nite if I don't it'll die by about 10 the nxt mornin but I am a very heavy user of all features...aybe a conflict with another program?

09-04-10 09:42 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD