For all you Torch users who hate the fact that the lock button is pretty easy to press while it's sitting in your pocket, StormSlider is perfect. There is a free version, which just puts the icon on your screen, and you have to press it whenever you want it locked. The full version will use the stormslider when you press the normal lock button and it will automatically lock it when the screen darkens. Sorry if this has been posted already, I just found it yesterday and think it's way better then using the normal lock.
    11-11-10 08:56 AM
    StormSlider doesn't work with the lock button on the Torch. Patternlock does and is a much better app...the developer for StormSlider is MIA and doesn't respond to emails for support.
    11-11-10 09:10 AM
    Oh sorry, I didn't know it didn't. I just read the description when I was downloading the lite version. Is patternlock free? Or does it have a lite version?
    11-11-10 09:14 AM
    acwyau is correct. StormSlider cannot be assigned to the lock button and is a failure compared to PatternLock or SwipeLock.

There are also tons of threads here already regarding alternate locking methods. You should search first before posting.
    11-11-10 09:17 AM
    And definitely dont believe everything you read in an app description .. lol
    11-11-10 09:26 AM
    good thing to keep in mind for when i get my torch
    11-11-10 10:36 AM
    StormSlider doesn't work with the lock button on the Torch. Patternlock does and is a much better app...the developer for StormSlider is MIA and doesn't respond to emails for support.
    Actually, he (or the description) is not incorrect. StormSlider -- BerrySlider -- does work with the lock button. You press the lock button, and it's activated. I think what you may be getting at is that you then still have to unlock the screen with both the lock button as well as StormSlider.

I like StormSlider and prefer it over PatternLock for reasons that have been rehashed ad infinitum. FWIW, the developer did resurface in spades and address problems with the earlier version (battery life, etc.).
    11-11-10 10:51 AM
    For those who want another option, Ultimate Lock is now 0S6 compatible. Very good program and can be set up so that it launches with the lock button.
    11-11-10 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD