• 2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz a/n Wi-Fi + UMA
    • 3G Mobile hotspot
    • Optical trackpad
    • 1230 mAh battery
    • BlackBerry OS 6.1
    • OpenGL ES 2.0
    01-14-11 09:44 AM
    well, to cross-post:

No 4G? I find that hard to believe. And the no horizontal slider is a bummer. For me, anyway. I know a lot of folks will be happy without.
    01-14-11 09:53 AM
    4G sounds nice but I was kinda hoping for a 3G this year. For me, I'd rather not pay the extra monthly and I want to wait until its coverage expands a little/kinks are worked out before i jump on it. It would be nice to have a front camera and use skype over 4g though but you cant get everything!

I just hope we dont have to wait until September
    01-14-11 09:59 AM
    well, to cross-post:

No 4G? I find that hard to believe. And the no horizontal slider is a bummer. For me, anyway. I know a lot of folks will be happy without.
    Unfortunately RIM has eluded to no 4g or lte development in the near future.
    It may be a wise move as scores of people will snatch up these new 4g devices and then find themselves cheated as there is little or no service for that yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 01-14-11 at 10:54 AM.
    01-14-11 10:48 AM
    It may be a wise move as scores of people will snatch up these new 4g devices and then find themselves cheated as there is little or no service for that yet.

As long as they have one by the time I'm due for upgrade

01-14-11 10:59 AM

I've already heard anecdotes of LTE expansion beyond the original launch. By September that expansion will only have increased...

/73's dude!
    01-14-11 11:38 AM
    No 4" screen, only 512MB, OS6, no front facing camera, 9/11 lanch?...no thanks. My NE2 is up in June and I live in Pittsburgh so I want 4G and great browser experience. It just seems like 2010 specs near the end of 2011. Oh RIM, I was hoping for so much more. I wonder if it will be upgradable to QNX?
    01-14-11 12:45 PM
    I've already heard anecdotes of LTE expansion beyond the original launch. By September that expansion will only have increased...

/73's dude!
    Are you a ham radio operator?

01-14-11 04:34 PM
    Are you a ham radio operator?

Tech class license. Haven't gotten around to the General test yet, now that code has gone away. Yes, I know it's been gone a few years already...
    01-14-11 04:42 PM
    well no 4g/lte compatibility may kill this phone for me, I was a day 1 storm user / 9550 today and several bb previously. While people seem to think the limited lte rollout means they don't need it does anyone really think they won't have lte coverage in late 2012 which will be still within the 1st year (2 yr contract) on this phone. Seems Rim and the carriers are out of sync in what they are making available.. sending us two different messages.
    01-14-11 09:50 PM
    Hmmmm UMA.... maybe there's hope for T-Mobile after all....
    01-14-11 10:50 PM
    4G sounds nice but I was kinda hoping for a 3G this year. For me, I'd rather not pay the extra monthly and I want to wait until its coverage expands a little/kinks are worked out before i jump on it. It would be nice to have a front camera and use skype over 4g though but you cant get everything!

I just hope we dont have to wait until September
    I'm with you. The sooner the better.
    01-15-11 10:03 PM
    Honestly what in the blue blazes is 4G gonna do that 3G can't do well? Stream video better?

Seems people are really on this front facing camera thing too. Might be fine for someone over seas as long as they have a phone that can do it too...for basic consumers I don't see the big deal though...

Glad I don't fall for all the glitz and glam. As long as it makes phone calls, has strong UMA and browses the net good, then I am good.

Only reason I would get this is for a bigger screen.

No way in **** I would be retiring my 9700...

01-16-11 08:03 AM
    Honestly what in the blue blazes is 4G gonna do that 3G can't do well? Stream video better?

Seems people are really on this front facing camera thing too. Might be fine for someone over seas as long as they have a phone that can do it too...for basic consumers I don't see the big deal though...

Glad I don't fall for all the glitz and glam. As long as it makes phone calls, has strong UMA and browses the net good, then I am good.

Only reason I would get this is for a bigger screen.

No way in **** I would be retiring my 9700...

I think the front-facing camera might not just be a perk for video chatting, it might be an iphone necessity that's transferred to other platforms as a selling point. I say this mainly because of the reception that the front facing camera on the iphone has garnered - with no dedicated button on the side, iphone users have had to do some wrist acrobatics to do self-portraits. Other than that I can't see any need for it either.

01-16-11 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD