Really? It's no wonder RIM is struggling with their image.

Why can't I use Bluetooth to sync my music?
    07-12-11 08:57 PM
    The Wi-Fi Music Sync feature in BlackBerry Desktop Software allows you to to browse songs and playlists that are in your Windows Media Player library or iTunes library on your computer from your BlackBerry smartphone.
    What is the Wi-Fi Music Sync feature?
    ^ That's the closest you're going to get.
    07-12-11 08:59 PM
    I know about the WiFi music sync. The last time I had it enabled my phone ground to a halt. I had to disable it.

All I want to do is drag a music file over to my phone. That's it.
    07-12-11 09:10 PM
    Yeh, I'm not seeing that here
    07-12-11 09:47 PM
    I've never heard of BT file transfer. Fixmo has WiFi file transfer, plus many other great functions. But if you are only interested in a single music file, you could have transferred it via USB in about the same time as it took you to post.

I used to have trouble using WiFi music sync. Eventually I believe I formatted my media card and started over. Everything works now and I love that feature. If that doesn't work for you you can find an older BB Media Sync program. It's like a stripped down version of DM, but just for moving media. It is much easier to use than DM.
    07-13-11 06:11 AM
    Wi-Fi sync works flawlessly for me, even for just one song. If your phone "ground to a halt," obviously something is amiss with your setup. I would give it another go, because it is definitely worthwhile.

As far as transferring a single file to your device via BT, browse to the file you want to send in Windows Explorer, and right click on it. Click on "Send to" and select "Bluetooth." Assuming you have already added the 9800 as a BT device to your PC, you'll see the 9800 in the resulting box next to "Send to" (if not, go back and add/pair the 9800 to/with your PC). Click on "Next" and browse to and select the file you want to transfer from your PC. Click on "Next" again, and your 9800 should ask you to choose the location where you want to save the file.
    07-13-11 06:30 AM
    Ah ha! Got the BT file transfer to work. Just have to make sure the phone is "discoverable".

But it is slow. Doesn't really save any time vs. plugging it in.

Thanks guys!
    07-13-11 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD