This phone is still missing a lot of stuff that other smartphone will have. Like 4g, dual camera, HDMI, higher res. camera. This device is like slapping lipstick on the current Storm2 and adding a trackball. Who would put a trackball on a touchscreen phone? The Storm2 will be my last BB if they don't improve their line up. Motorola bionic will be my new phone in the near future.
    01-15-11 06:49 PM
    Agreed. I'll be interested to check out the Storm line in 2013. Until then, I'm with you on Bionic.

By the way, check out AndroidCentral! Lots of great Android info! There's also a mobile version. m.androidcentral.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 06:54 PM
    4G won't really be effective until 2012ish imo (which is hopefully when LTE qnx devices will be released).

I will admit, on paper the specs aren't as high as many android devices, but I feel as though that really won't matter.

The S2 is cr*p... this phone blows it out of the water - much bigger screen, no surepress, a MUCH improved processor and way more app memory. Plus OS6.1 (which I feel is good enough to hold me over until qnx).

Honestly, the only thing this device is really missing is LTE... qnx can wait, and again, I don't think that LTE will be super effective until 2012.

But again, to each his own, the droid devices are great (my mom has one and I use it a lot), but I'm just not a fan...
    01-15-11 06:58 PM
    There is no dual core phone out as of now ...only 3 handsets with front facinng cam ...this phone has specs AS GOOD as any phone out right now ..and we know battery is going to be awesome ..so u can get the bionic when it gets out , I rather get this ...that's me tho..LTE is available in 20 markets ..by the time u get lte everywhere I ll have an lte bberry ...

01-16-11 02:08 AM
    There is no dual core phone out as of now ...only 3 handsets with front facinng cam ...this phone has specs AS GOOD as any phone out right now ..and we know battery is going to be awesome ..so u can get the bionic when it gets out , I rather get this ...that's me tho..LTE is available in 20 markets ..by the time u get lte everywhere I ll have an lte bberry ...

Same with me haha.

Btw... seems that you were spot on about there being 4 new devices! Only thing is they don't seem like they are gonna release when you thought... and they don't have qnx (though we don't know if they are qnx ready or not... who knows, they may get a version of the qnx OS when it comes out in 2012)
    01-16-11 02:53 AM
    Love people that are so high on 4G right now, lol! Not many places have it and will be sometime before it is noticeable...

This phone has good specs for a BB. It just goes to show you, no matter what people will want more, more and more.

We wanted better specs, we are getting them.. And still isn't enough!Enjoy keepin' up with the Jones' sport....

01-16-11 07:55 AM
    It's soo true. This device has specs as good as or better than any phone out right now.

Problem is this phone isn't out right now, or next month, or next quarter. RIM announces phones at least a quarter in advance and if we are to believe what we're hearing the Monaco is 9 months away at least. 6 months ago the devices with similar specifications to Monaco released. Some 3 months ago Flash was introduced to dozens of handsets, and the BB OS will not handle that.

Finally, from a developer standpoint, I would be thinking IOS, Android and then maybe QNX. BB5,6, and 6.1 have another year-2 tops. JAVA is hard enough to program, and the restrictions built in to the current hardware and software is like a the Great Wall. Many in the industry have made up their mind its easier to wait until the wall comes down then try to climb it. Hence our impatience with having these devices sooner and QNX as soon as possible.
    01-19-11 11:25 AM
    I agree.

The only real problem is the release date. This should be out by the latest April...
    01-19-11 11:45 AM

Do we know the battery is going to be awesome? With a 1230mAh..I'd say that could pose a real problem..especially with bigger processor and higher rez screen..no matter how "optimized" the software is.
    01-19-11 02:00 PM
    Who would put a trackball on a touchscreen phone? The Storm2 will be my last BB if they don't improve their line up. Motorola bionic will be my new phone in the near future.
    Motorola?

01-19-11 02:18 PM
    Read your post, do you hear yourself? The dual core Biontic will be out NEXT Month, not EIGHT months from now...The specs are as good as any phone out there now, the only problem this phone is EIGHT months away! And LTE is already in more than 20 markets and by 9/2011 will be in MANY more and yet this phone is not LTE...I live in a LTE market right now so I don't want to wait until mid/late 2012 to get a BB LTE phone.
    Rickroller and Rello like this.
    01-19-11 08:14 PM
    Who would put a trackball on a touchscreen phone? The Storm2 will be my last BB if they don't improve their line up. Motorola bionic will be my new phone in the near future.
    Motorola?

Yes, but not the Bionic. Also, like the BB Torch, this has a keyboard, in which case a trackpad may come in handy...and you can't use this trackpad when the kb is closed, using full touchscreen.
    01-19-11 08:24 PM
    Motorola?

if the Droid2 Global had been released with LTE, i'd already have one.

(YES, I care about LTE. I'm in a launch city)
    01-20-11 11:03 AM
    Read your post, do you hear yourself? The dual core Biontic will be out NEXT Month, not EIGHT months from now...The specs are as good as any phone out there now, the only problem this phone is EIGHT months away! And LTE is already in more than 20 markets and by 9/2011 will be in MANY more and yet this phone is not LTE...I live in a LTE market right now so I don't want to wait until mid/late 2012 to get a BB LTE phone.
    This is right on, imo. I waited for the Storm 3 for what seems like forever. I thought the S2.5 refresh was the S3 at first, and that's when the real s3 should have been released. Even if S3 dropped in April with QNX, I'd consider getting it. But that's not looking likely.

01-20-11 11:32 AM
    There is no dual core phone out as of now ...only 3 handsets with front facinng cam ...this phone has specs AS GOOD as any phone out right now ..and we know battery is going to be awesome ..so u can get the bionic when it gets out , I rather get this ...that's me tho..LTE is available in 20 markets ..by the time u get lte everywhere I ll have an lte bberry .
    The problem with your claims is that they are not entirely accurate. There are a few dual core phones out on production lines as we speak and are going to be rolling out within a few weeks; not several months . And that is assuming RIM finally keeps a deadline promise and thiers comes out when they say it will. As for LTE being limited your are not thinking ahead of the game like good businesses do; it will explode in the next few months and the companies that already have phones available to use it will reap the benifits.

RIM, if it stays locked into 2005 thinking instead of 2011, is going to sink. What I'd VzW, once again, says "sorry RIM, your late to the game once again; droid is already been there and done that."

Pssssst.... Now it has the iphone too......

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/first-dual-core-smart-phone-with-amazing-features-189675.php

Last edited by kb5zht; 01-21-11 at 10:37 AM.
    01-21-11 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD