Hello,

On the 9800 i get two browser types 'Web n Walk' and 'Browser'... which one of these connect to the internet directly without going through RIM servers? and which one should i use with Wifi!... i though i understood the broswer types...

thanks
    10-21-10 09:51 AM
    Ummm..never heard of "Web n Walk" so i have no idea if it "bypasses" RIMs servers..but i highly doubt it, and Browser would be your native browser..which definately will NOT bypass RIM. Try them both with WiFi and see which one is "faster" i guess.
    10-21-10 10:43 AM
    Hello,

On the 9800 i get two browser types 'Web n Walk' and 'Browser'... which one of these connect to the internet directly without going through RIM servers? and which one should i use with Wifi!... i though i understood the broswer types...

thanks
    What is 'web n walk'?
    10-21-10 11:07 AM
    Sorry I should have stated that the web n walk browser is tmobile browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 11:07 AM
    The standard browser will use RIM's servers on cellular data, and will go direct on WiFi. Given the limited bandwidth of cellular data it should be faster to have RIM's compression applied than go direct. This is definitely true if you're on EDGE, which you will be with T-Mobile USA (I'm guessing at which T-Mobile you use). Even with the initial firmware that was buggy and slow the Torch browser loaded pages in the half the time of the iPhone browser on EDGE (according to tests I read, I have not verified this myself).

I'm not familiar with Web n' Walk, so I can't say how it behaves.
    10-21-10 12:06 PM
    The standard browser will use RIM's servers on cellular data, and will go direct on WiFi. Given the limited bandwidth of cellular data it should be faster to have RIM's compression applied than go direct. This is definitely true if you're on EDGE, which you will be with T-Mobile USA (I'm guessing at which T-Mobile you use). Even with the initial firmware that was buggy and slow the Torch browser loaded pages in the half the time of the iPhone browser on EDGE (according to tests I read, I have not verified this myself).

I'm not familiar with Web n' Walk, so I can't say how it behaves.
    thanks for the info.... web n walk is UK T-mobile and i use 3G network.
    10-22-10 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD