Currently I have the 9800/6.0.0.600 and regardless of the OS I am having the same issues with both the BB BT Visor Mount and the BB BT Stereo Gateway. Quite simply the audio goes in and out. Now I thought that this was just a Slacker issue but it does it with the memory card media as well. This also happens on my fiances phone (still running 6.0.0.246).

What could be the issue and is anyone else experiencing these sames things?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 01:44 AM
    I had issues with both S2 and Torch using BT headphones. I attributed it to the holster I use. But distance seemed to be an issue also. I never found a solution though...sorry.
    07-02-11 09:30 AM
    Could be RFI or a Faraday cage. Does it happen everywhere or just in a car? Electric motors in the vicinity? Are you near a large metal lattice? Those security screen doors eat RF like candy. Try it in an open space.
    07-02-11 10:07 AM
    I've got the Motorola s10 HD headphones and have the same trouble. I don't notice this with single ear BT devices. Audio cuts out and in. Haven't found a cause, but usually forwarding through tracks seems to improve it eventually.

edit: This is neither a proximity issue, a wifi issue, nor an interference issue. I usually use headphones for stored music with my BB about 3 ft away in line-of site.
    Last edited by Altarocks; 07-02-11 at 10:18 AM.
    07-02-11 10:12 AM
    Ive noticed this issue with .600 when playing music through my car stereo. It would cut in and out sometimes, sounded almsot like static. As a work around I found turning off wifi seemed to resolve it.
    07-02-11 10:48 AM
    curious. I use the big motorola bluetooth headphones and havn't noticed anything like that. do you have a lot of bluetooth activity (other folks using it) nearby?
    07-02-11 01:10 PM
    I use mine mainly while mowing the lawn, so definitely no other BT devices in range. I suppose its possible electrical interference from the mower contributes, but the issues are sporadic and don't always occur.

I first noticed it several leaks ago, so it may be an OS issue. Also, I do have trouble with phone clarity with single-ear BT devices (crackling). That surfaced somewhere around the release of .246, which leads me to believe the OS may be contributing to issues with both device types. I always make sure my phones are fully charged, so that isn't a factor.
    07-02-11 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD