I have been reading on here that people can't speed dial from their touch screen and have to slide open just to use speed dial.......
    THIS IS NOT TRUE......when you have ur dial pad open on the screen with the slider down, just press down and hold a number down for a few seconds and you can assign a number or if you have already it will start to call.....
    I have used voice mail this way also....
    10-09-10 01:37 PM
    Thanks I didn't know this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 06:53 PM
    Hey Guys,

If it stops working for no reason, do a battery pull, mine started working again right after that.
    11-17-10 09:51 AM
    I have been reading on here that people can't speed dial from their touch screen and have to slide open just to use speed dial.......
    THIS IS NOT TRUE......when you have ur dial pad open on the screen with the slider down, just press down and hold a number down for a few seconds and you can assign a number or if you have already it will start to call.....
    I have used voice mail this way also....
    This thread is a little misleading.

You can assign Speed Dials to 23 different keys on your BB. (Every letter except A, Q, and W.)
    With the virtual phone keypad, you can only access the Speed Dials mated to one of the numbers 1-9 (or corresponding letter on the Qwerty keyboard). 1/W is locked as Voicemail, so that leaves you 8 Speed Dials that will function this way.
    You still have up to 15 Speed Dials which cannot be accessed. (Lame!)

Even when you have the virtual keyboard open in the Phone's Call Log page, holding the letters does not bring up a Speed Dial.

I think the most ridiculous part of this is that the Speed Dials for #/Q and */A don't work on the virtual keypad. Holding them adds a Pause or Wait. Why would someone dial a number starting with a Pause or Wait? (Btw that's rhetorical; they wouldn't.)

So it's inaccurate to state "THIS IS NOT TRUE" when it is correct 65% of the time.

Great information to pass on about those Speed Dials working, but pass on your very useful tip to everyone without adding 2 scoops of misinformation.
    11-17-10 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD